The Bullpen Needs Work!

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
My god! The Cubs bullpen needs some work. They are awful. Period. They need to call up Arodys Vizcaino and become the permanent closer for the future. However, the Cubs need to keep Pedro Strop, Hector Rondon, and Justin Grimm then get rid of everyone else. Thoughts?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think they are being conservative with Arodys. Also it will be interesting to see Ramirez now since he is up.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
My god! The Cubs bullpen needs some work. They are awful. Period. They need to call up Arodys Vizcaino and become the permanent closer for the future. However, the Cubs need to keep Pedro Strop, Hector Rondon, and Justin Grimm then get rid of everyone else. Thoughts?

Wright's pitched well too IIRC. The problem with the bullpen is they walk too many people. It is what has cursed Veras thus far and it's what got to Strop the other day.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You lean on what works.

Rondon and Grimm have been the best in the pen. Both should be the primary 8-9 guys.
Strop use for day off.

That is when you are in a save situation.

Wright for situational

Rest are proving grounds. Behind or in a blow out to get their work in.

The main problem I'm seeing here is Ricky sucks at managing.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
At this point, I would at the very least give Kevin Gregg a call. His command was light years better than Jose Veras aka Carlos Marmol 2.0 and even Strop struggles in the closer role. If they really have to, I'd rather see Rondon at closer for a bit. Anything to stop bleeding runs away in the ninth.