Mitch Lawrence: Raps considering Bosh trade

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
NY Daily News article says Toronto is talking for the first time about moving Bosh. Mentions Chicago with Deng coming back to them or a deal where Detroit gets Bosh and Toronto get Boozer. Deng, Tyrus, James, both picks for Bosh, Kapano while moving Hinrich for some capspace to bring Gordon back in still a great scenario for the offseason. Rose, Gordon, Salmons, Bosh, Noah is a very strong basketball team.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
I'd do it in a heart beat. is miller our 6th man? we'd need some scoring off the bench. if we let all our picks go, trade hinrich, move salmons to starting position, whose going to be our bench?

roberson? kapono? demarcus nelson? i guess that's not so bad. i'd still like a legitimate 6th man that could bring some scoring off the bench.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
this is a win win. some else gets deng! n we get bosh!

illiniPJ3

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
I'd do it in a heart beat. is miller our 6th man? we'd need some scoring off the bench. if we let all our picks go, trade hinrich, move salmons to starting position, whose going to be our bench?

roberson? kapono? demarcus nelson? i guess that's not so bad. i'd still like a legitimate 6th man that could bring some scoring off the bench.

My first thoughts as well, but we'd have to get something for hinrich

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
illiniPJ3 wrote:
pinkizdead wrote:

My first thoughts as well, but we'd have to get something for hinrich
IMO if we move Hinrich, chances are we are going to get something of value in return. Hinrich isn't garbage so teams will have to give something good up for him. It all depends on where he goes.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
It looks like Paxson wasn't lying when he said that Kirk Hinrich and Luol Deng have value throughout the league.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
i dont understand how or why....but apparently they do.

hinrich played very well this year. i guess other gm's realize that alot of the defeciencies in luol's game have to do with a new pg as well as a new coach. maybe he will be good inside of a system?

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
In addition to the Deng, Tyrus, both picks, James for Bosh, Kapano deal I was thinking about moving Hinrich to Minny but for Craig Smith and the #18. Use the #18 on a PG like Darren Collison. That gives you a 9 man rotation of Rose, Gordon, Salmons, Bosh, Noah, Miller, Craig Smith, Kapano, Collison. Tim Thomas gives you 10 players and puts your payroll roughly at $66 million AFTER signing Gordon.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
If the Bulls have the opportunity to get Bosh, they need to do whatever it takes (without Rose, obviously). I'd trade Kirk, Deng, Tyrus for Bosh and a bad contract. If you got Bosh and kept Gordon, this team is the favorite in the east if you ask me!

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
If the Bulls have the opportunity to get Bosh, they need to do whatever it takes (without Rose, obviously). I'd trade Kirk, Deng, Tyrus for Bosh and a bad contract. If you got Bosh and kept Gordon, this team is the favorite in the east if you ask me!

what about a decent coach? i dont see us going anywhere over the 4/5h spot with that lineup and vinny.

Woodz

Liked Posts:
Basghetti80 wrote:
NY Daily News article says Toronto is talking for the first time about moving Bosh. Mentions Chicago with Deng coming back to them or a deal where Detroit gets Bosh and Toronto get Boozer. Deng, Tyrus, James, both picks for Bosh, Kapano while moving Hinrich for some capspace to bring Gordon back in still a great scenario for the offseason. Rose, Gordon, Salmons, Bosh, Noah is a very strong basketball team.

Im no CBA expert, but i am pretty sure that is impossible. Is this one of those situations where he could be traded after signing only if he is traded alone?

Woodz

Liked Posts:
Woodz wrote:
Basghetti80 wrote:

Im no CBA expert, but i am pretty sure that is impossible. Is this one of those situations where he could be traded after signing only if he is traded alone?

I decided to look it up:

Except as set forth in Section 8(e) below: (1) no player who signs a Contract as a Free Agent may be traded before the later of (i) three (3) months following the date on which such Contract was signed or (ii) the December 15 of the Salary Cap Year in which such Contract was signed;

So is Detroit going to sign Boozer on the hope that Toronto still wants to swap 5 months later?

I think that bodes well for Chicago's chances (IF he is available) if they cant even come up with a legitimate alternative scenario.