Garza's Message to Shark:: ‘Pitch your way out’ of Cubs

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trading Shark would be the biggest mistake of this front office. Period!

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol alright Garza alright

I'm all for him criticizing the Cubs but he had 60 starts and 21 wins in 2 1/2 seasons with the Cubs. He might be just a bit overconfident in himself losing 30 wins.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

I'm all for him criticizing the Cubs but he had 60 starts and 21 wins in 2 1/2 seasons with the Cubs. He might be just a bit overconfident in himself losing 30 wins.

It was a bad period in his career. He was surrounded with little talent. What's more frustrating than that when your goal is to win a WS? He was a competitor as most are. They get sick of losing.

If you sandwich his career, he basically played for competitive teams in Minnesota, TB, the Cubs, Texas, and now the Brewers. I'd say he was eating all bread with no meat. :)

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

Given his quantity of Quality starts and amount of times he left with a lead, I would guess he may be underestimating.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
It was a bad period in his career. He was surrounded with little talent. What's more frustrating than that when your goal is to win a WS? He was a competitor as most are. They get sick of losing.

If you sandwich his career, he basically played for competitive teams in Minnesota, TB, the Cubs, Texas, and now the Brewers. I'd say he was eating all bread with no meat. :)

Wasn't he the best pitcher in baseball a month or two before the Cubs traded him as well?

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
No doubt he should be frustrated about his time in Chicago but...

If Garza is capable of winning 51 games in 60 starts he is severely underpaid

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No doubt he should be frustrated about his time in Chicago but...

If Garza is capable of winning 51 games in 60 starts he is severely underpaid
I think maybe he meant winning 30 out of 60, but it probably came out wrong.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
How do you argue for failure?

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Wasn't he the best pitcher in baseball a month or two before the Cubs traded him as well?

Can't say if he was truly the best pitcher considering what Scherzer and a few others did, but yes, he definitely improved his stock with that little mini-run of pitching. He was kinda like Dempster when he had that stellar ERA before they dealt him. Lucky for the Cubs I guess.....considering.