Four Possible Trade Scenarios

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Im not saying he won't but for those two a bryant/almora will need to be in on it

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Wait... are you suggesting the Cubs would have to INCLUDE Bryant or Almora with Samardzija in order to land another organization's top 2 starting pitching prospects?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Wait... are you suggesting the Cubs would have to INCLUDE Bryant or Almora with Samardzija in order to land another organization's top 2 starting pitching prospects?

Who happen to be their top two prosoects who are top 30ish in all of baseball?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

Baez is top 10 in nearly every list and Kris Bryant I haven't seen listed past 20 on any list.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Lets see

#8 prospect + top of the rotation established SP = 2 top 30 lottery pick pitchers....

Really come on now.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Garza = Edwards, Olt, Ramirez and Grimm.

And Shark has a year of control that Garza did not. Little sell short going on here.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Lets see

#8 prospect + top of the rotation established SP = 2 top 30 lottery pick pitchers....

Really come on now.

For a guy his age that would be pitching not only the al but the east. More realistic than the two for Shark and that's the point

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tor pitchers

Your valuation of players is categorically different than most people surrounding the game today. It isn't worth starting this fight again but by every available objective analysis Baez and Bryant are more highly regarded than either of Stroman and Sanchez.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Your valuation of players is categorically different than most people surrounding the game today. It isn't worth starting this fight again but by every available objective analysis Baez and Bryant are more highly regarded than either of Stroman and Sanchez.

Im not talking rankings im talking value

To date the Cubs have asked for this type of deal or less and have been refused. That's what's really happened up to this point

Liked Posts:
The Dickey trade was one of the worst I can recall in recent memory. Alex A regrets doing it.

I don't doubt that. Nevertheless, the Mets were selling high and the a Blue Jays were paying value at the time. The knuckle ball is a far more fickle pitch than what Samardzija throws. So Samardzija has a greater chance to duplicate his success. Samardzija is younger but age is less of a factor here since knuckleballers often pitch a long time.

The Blue Jays may not trade top prospects but it's because they're gun shy from previous trades and has less to do with trade value.

So the Blue a Jays are a bad example for prospective trades. But those trades also establish a reference for trade value when selling high.

Liked Posts:

. Im not talking rankings im talking value

To date the Cubs have asked for this type of deal or less and have been refused. That's what's really happened up to this point

Stop talking out of both sides of your mouth.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Im not talking rankings im talking value

I don't value Stroman or Sanchez as highly as I do Bryant or Baez, Almora is more in that range but even then that's not a guy I think the Cubs would throw in at all.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't value Stroman or Sanchez as highly as I do Bryant or Baez, Almora is more in that range but even then that's not a guy I think the Cubs would throw in at all.

And I respect this