Cubs at Reds IST!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs face Cinci. Looks like we will have a bit of a delay. I dont know. They didnt say anything but the tarp on the field

Game 1 lineup:

Bonafacio
Kalish
Rizzo
Castro
Valbuena
Castillo
Sweeney
Barney
Shark

Shark looking for his first win despite posting a 1.58 ERA this year.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still waiting to here is the game gets PPD but Im reading it nots looking good.

On the bright side, Javier Baez hits a 3 run homer in his first at bat tonight for Iowa.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Even the rain defeats Shark.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Looks like the same lineup again today...

I'm at the point where I'm getting actively angry when I don't see Lake and Olt in the lineup. If we cared so much about winning right now, we would have signed/traded for some legitimate players... but we didn't so clearly we don't... so why are we screwing around with scrubs like Sweeney and Valbuena (and probably Kalish) in place of players who have a shot of being useful down the line?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

I'm at the point where I'm getting actively angry when I don't see Lake and Olt in the lineup. If we cared so much about winning right now, we would have signed/traded for some legitimate players... but we didn't so clearly we don't... so why are we screwing around with scrubs like Sweeney and Valbuena (and probably Kalish) in place of players who have a shot of being useful down the line?

Yeah, I'm getting tired of this Sweeny, Kalish crap as well.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

The difference between manager and management. Can't pick the players, gotta roll with what you're given.

Btw, I'd also prefer see Olt and Lake in the lineup.

Sent from my phone...in my pocket...with my mind.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Well this isn't exactly true that you can't pick the players. Not only can the manager decide who plays, but like Dale before, Renteria is the one that calls folks up from the minors as was quoted in the Tribune a few weeks back.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well this isn't exactly true that you can't pick the players. Not only can the manager decide who plays, but like Dale before, Renteria is the one that calls folks up from the minors as was quoted in the Tribune a few weeks back.

I didnt read that article but they can blow me. No way two managers manage the exact same way. There is only one constant, FO. Theo and them call the shots. Its why I believed they went with two rookie managers because a seasoned manager would not be to happy about telling him how to run his team. Theo and the buisness side decide when minor league players come up. The coach has little say in that. Renteria is there to progress the young players. Theo's computer sets these lineups. He is managing the lineup exactly how Sveum did it. I dont buy coincidence.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Castro hitting cleanup..hmm.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He has been hitting cleanup the past couple of games. Hitting two dingers kept him there. Better then Nate.

Agreed. Just surprised Rick is staying with him there..

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
I don't particularly care who's responsible for it, but that strikes me as a pretty clear disconnect...

FO plugs in scrubs instead of signing legitimate players. Ok, so they're tanking. For it or against it, doesn't matter... that's what they've decided. So if that's the case, why wouldn't giving young players with potential a vast majority of playing time be the priority? We're gonna lose anyway... might as well let the kids take their licks and possibly see if they're worth playing in the future.

Yet, we see the manager playing favorable (but inconsequential) platoons and having the kids with potential sitting a good amount of the time. So the team is trying to win games even though the FO made it pretty clear through its signings/trades that winning now isn't a priority? What? How can Renteria not be on the same page as the FO? Isn't he the guy who's supposed to be able to help these guys develop?

I just don't buy that coddling Olt and Lake and playing them lefty/righty blah blah makes any sense for their growth.

I think I'm rambling now. I'm done.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears