OT: E3 2009

sephcast

Liked Posts:
Great showings by MS and Nintendo so far. I'm watching Sony's conference right now, kind of boring.

I can't wait for:
Halo 3 ODST
Halo Reach
Modern Warfare 2
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Mario Galaxy 2

Mike

Liked Posts:
Sony's conference was great, but I think MSFT just killed it. The Natal news was huge, even though I'm not sold on it ever being anything of interest to me.

Few things I've come away with so far:

Mass Effect 2 - Bad ass. Still my most anticipated game.
Splinter Cell: Conviction - Looks Incredible.
The Last Guardian (Project Trico) - Looks Beautiful.
Gran Turismo on PSP - Finally. Should be great, even though they refused to show anything real...
Metal Gear Solid on PSP - Very cool

PSP Go - Didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me. I'm going to have to fight the urge to get it, even though the PSP 1000 I have is literally covered in a thin layer of dust.

Also, the Vitality Sensor was great. If I didn't hear it from so many reliable people (skipped watching their press conference), I would have sworn it was something out of the Onion.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Is New Super Marion Bros. for the Wii going to be any different from the DS version?? I already played that, it was great. But I wouldn't play it over again on the Wii.

Super Marion Galaxy 2 will be a must buy.

I taped the pressers and I have to watch them later when I get home.

Online franchise mode for Madden. Hopefully they will do as well with it as NCAA has done with online dynasty mode.

Hopefully next year they will have the option of importing the draft class. I assume they didn't get that in for this year.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
The vitality sensor is great? They didn't even have anything to demo with it? Nintendo is seriously beginning to piss me off. They come out with a crappy controller that isn't the top technology on the line. This sets them up to make $60 from you in the future to get a complete set of controllers. Have to pay $40 per WiiMote. Have to pay $60 to get a full set of nunchucks. Wanna play your virtual console games in multiplayer? $80 for classic controllers. Now you will have to pay $60 for the WiiMotion Plus.

It's going to end up being $320 for a complete controller set. Add that to $250 for the Wii, and you're at $570 for the system and a full set of controllers.

Compare that to XBOX 360. $50 per wireless controller, so that's $150 now. At launch, 360 was $400. So that's $550 for a 360 and a full set of controllers.

So you pay less for a 360 and a fullset of controllers, than a Wii, despite the Wii being a piece of crap technology wise compared to the 360. That's ridiculous. Nintendo is just gouging money out of you, and it's sickening.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wii Sports Resort looks good, but I think that when I play basketball I'm going to get really frustrated. The sword stuff looks cool though, and the ping pong kind of looks like the tennis remake I've been wanting. I need a demo or something to make a better judgment though.

Mike

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
The vitality sensor is great?

Heh, I probably did a bad job of conveying sarcasm. I meant it as in "Wow, that is ridiculous!", hence my Onion comment afterward. I imagine it's more for the "Wii Fit" side of their business than the "game" side. It honestly seems like the type of peripheral on which someone would photoshop a Wii logo as a way of making fun of them. That said, I've long since stopped second guessing Nintendo, and it wouldn't surprise me to find that this thing makes them another billion dollars.

The Wii, unlike the PSP, was a foolish purchase I did not make.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
The vitality sensor is great? They didn't even have anything to demo with it? Nintendo is seriously beginning to piss me off. They come out with a crappy controller that isn't the top technology on the line. This sets them up to make $60 from you in the future to get a complete set of controllers. Have to pay $40 per WiiMote. Have to pay $60 to get a full set of nunchucks. Wanna play your virtual console games in multiplayer? $80 for classic controllers. Now you will have to pay $60 for the WiiMotion Plus.

It's going to end up being $320 for a complete controller set. Add that to $250 for the Wii, and you're at $570 for the system and a full set of controllers.

Compare that to XBOX 360. $50 per wireless controller, so that's $150 now. At launch, 360 was $400. So that's $550 for a 360 and a full set of controllers.

So you pay less for a 360 and a fullset of controllers, than a Wii, despite the Wii being a piece of crap technology wise compared to the 360. That's ridiculous. Nintendo is just gouging money out of you, and it's sickening.

+1

fola

Liked Posts:
Mike wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
The vitality sensor is great?

Heh, I probably did a bad job of conveying sarcasm. I meant it as in "Wow, that is ridiculous!", hence my Onion comment afterward. I imagine it's more for the "Wii Fit" side of their business than the "game" side. It honestly seems like the type of peripheral on which someone would photoshop a Wii logo as a way of making fun of them. That said, I've long since stopped second guessing Nintendo, and it wouldn't surprise me to find that this thing makes them another billion dollars.

The Wii, unlike the PSP, was a foolish purchase I did not make.

I burst into hysterical laughter for a good 5mins after i saw it. That said, you're probably right about them finding a way for them to make millions off of it. Really just solidifies my love/hate relationship.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I finally watched all three pressers.

Wasn't impressed by Nintendo. The New Super Mario Bros with co-op will be nice to play with my kids. I'll get SM Galaxy 2, but outside of that, not too impressed.

I like Sony's the best. I can't wait for Uncharted 2, loved Uncharted:Drake's Fortune. Great game.

MAG - 256 players online!!! That's nuts. That little cart racing game they had seemed cool too.

I wasn't all that blown away with MS' as a lot of other people were. They just get to promote big titles as if they are exclusive to MS, Rock Band Beatles, Modern Warfare 2. Those games will be on PS3 as well, and done just as well. But MS gets the pop from having it first.

Project Natal, eh. Not that impressed. It will be like the Wii. Cool at first, then the novelty will wear off. Just my opinion.

I have all three systems. I play my Xbox 360 the most because Live is the best online and all my RB and GH DLC is on my Xbox.

I wish they would touch more on sports titles at these pressers. They treat sports games like the red-headed step child, but I would have liked to hear about Madden online franchise mode. I know EA had a press conference, but I didn't catch it on G4. If it was actually on G4.

Also can't wait to play DJ Hero. Looks pretty good.

Mike

Liked Posts:
http://video.ign.com/streaming/e3-2009/index.html

That's IGN's live stream page. It has surprisingly good quality video (better than every other live stream I've found), and there's a menu on the right where you can find archived video of all the conferences. That's where I watched them.

fola

Liked Posts:
Mike wrote:
http://video.ign.com/streaming/e3-2009/index.html

That's IGN's live stream page. It has surprisingly good quality video (better than every other live stream I've found), and there's a menu on the right where you can find archived video of all the conferences. That's where I watched them.

If only my job didnt block those sort of sites. Man I hate working for the man.