Building a championship team

Ron J

Liked Posts:
I agree with the concept of the article but I believe two stars aand very good players can get the job done and I feel like ben gordon could very well be a part of that equation if we go out and get amare stoudemare or chris bosh wit rose and gordon I think that team. With the pieces around it of course could compete for a title

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I think Gordon can be part of this too. Rose will be the main man. Get a quality big man Bosh/Amare. Then Gordon will be your third option. All three guys could average over 20 ppg.

engies

Liked Posts:
To me saying we dont have 2 stars is a lie IF Ben Gordon is back. I think anyone that can shoot as well as he does, with clutch ability & producing high number of ppg as he does deserves to be known as a star.

The fact that this years East Conf Champs have one Superstar (Howard) & 2 stars (Hedo & Rashard), I can't see why Ben isn't our own Hedo & Rose is our own Howard, all we need is Rashard which could come in the form of Bosh, Amare, maybe even Boozer if healthy.

Whoever is left from the trade I feel are solid players to go alongside them, be it either Deng, Salmons, Kirk, Noah, Thomas & Miller.

I like Kush's idea of Gordon being the 3rd option. Lets just pray that we at least sign Ben Gordon or trade for Bosh or Amare

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
There has to be an emphasis on defense, having three 20ppg guys does not matter if you don't play defense. That is my problem with a lot of the plans that I see for the future.

AirP

Liked Posts:
If we get an All-Star caliber PF, retain Rose and Noah, we're at least in the same league as New Orleans who are an elite team when Chandler is healthy.

The problem with the Hornets is their role players. Peja is declining, they don't have a solid SG and not much quality coming off the bench.

Chicago... if they can retain 2 out of Hinrich, Gordon, Salmons or Deng after acquiring a big man we're much stronger at the 2/3 then New Orleans. Toss in the ability to get a solid FA or 2 and we should be a better team then the Horents.

We're not that far off... the PF position is the key thing for Chicago, especially with us building around the pick and roll.