Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Really, we're gonna blame the manager for this pile of shit at the MLB roster?

Maybe we need to take a hard look at roster construction and adding about 5 legit bats to the MLB roster.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Probably wouldn't have hurt to have the Cubs muster up more than 5 hits all night, and a former AL pitcher had one of them with half the Cubs RBI's.

Renteria has done a good job considering the hand he was dealt.
I think he jacks with lineups too much which hurts production, well, at least the potential for production, imho. Baker isn't the answer as Castillo's backup and Barney? I really like Darwin. He is a defensive wiz and if he could give you .270 every season, he's a player a club could live with at 2B. Valbuena should be the every day 2B. Put Bonifacio at CF every day. Barney would likely benefit from a change of scenery.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
I think he jacks with lineups too much which hurts production, well, at least the potential for production, imho. Baker isn't the answer as Castillo's backup and Barney? I really like Darwin. He is a defensive wiz and if he could give you .270 every season, he's a player a club could live with at 2B. Valbuena should be the every day 2B. Put Bonifacio at CF every day. Barney would likely benefit from a change of scenery.

Not saying you, but it's the general consensus that Renteria is doing a bad job. As Fisch stated, what the hell do you expect? The reason he is tinkering with the damn line-up so much is because he doesn't have a damn line-up.

I mean, what kind of a team would ever entertain putting Nate FUCKING Schierholtz in the clean-up spot EVER????

He is a platoon/utility player on any team that is good, and he is a clean-up hitter or 5th hitter in the line-up on the Cubs. And you expect Renteria to work miracles?

I would hazard to guess that this is exactly why Girardi stayed put. He could not have done any better nor Ryno either regardless of what anyone thinks.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Not saying you, but it's the general consensus that Renteria is doing a bad job. As Fisch stated, what the hell do you expect? The reason he is tinkering with the damn line-up so much is because he doesn't have a damn line-up.

I mean, what kind of a team would ever entertain putting Nate FUCKING Schierholtz in the clean-up spot EVER????

He is a platoon/utility player on any team that is good, and he is a clean-up hitter or 5th hitter in the line-up on the Cubs. And you expect Renteria to work miracles?

I would hazard to guess that this is exactly why Girardi stayed put. He could not have done any better nor Ryno either regardless of what anyone thinks.
I know he was handed a turd sandwich that wasn't going to finish .500 this season. Players can't find a groove at the plate if they are not part of a regular lineup either. Lake has the highest OPS of any of the OF only players, but he hasn't received regular playing time. That's just one example.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
I know he was handed a turd sandwich that wasn't going to finish .500 this season. Players can't find a groove at the plate if they are not part of a regular lineup either. Lake has the highest OPS of any of the OF only players, but he hasn't received regular playing time. That's just one example.

The thing is, this administration is talking out of both sides of their mouths. We want to win, but we don't want to even try to field a team. Doesn't make sense really.

They knew this was a trial year for both Castro and Rizzo, and basically, an audition from Shark, Wood, and Hammel for possible spots and/or extensions.

Schierholtz was expected by many around here to fall back to his old self, so if that was the case, their should have been an upgrade in that position.

If they wanted to explore what Lake or Olt could do on a regular basis, fine, I get that. But don't leave a meager team around them with absolutely no possible chance of succeeding. There were too many areas that could have been upgraded for them not to even address one single issue.

I'd like to see what this team would be doing if they had put bona fide players around Lake in the outfield, and it still wouldn't have stopped them from having Bonafacio at the top of the line-up, playing either 2B, or being a super sub. :yep:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yep. Agreed. And remember I am strictly commenting on RR's lineups. I just find them puzzling. FI, last night he had Baker and Barney in the same lineup. You couldn't add their BA together to make .200. How 'bout those apples? :D

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Yep. Agreed. And remember I am strictly commenting on RR's lineups. I just find them puzzling. FI, last night he had Baker and Barney in the same lineup. You couldn't add their BA together to make .200. How 'bout those apples? :D

LOL. And I have a solution to that..........DON"T HAVE BARNEY AND BAKER ON THE TEAM AT ALL AND IT CAN"T HAPPEN!

See? Now that wasn't so hard. :lol:

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
edit: er.... wrong thread didn't meant to post this here.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
NBA Playoffs > Watching the Chubs vs. The Sux.

Status
Not open for further replies.