Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As we await anxiously for tomorrow's game how about this tough question I bumped into on ESPN. Who is the best Blackhawks player?

I was surprised personally to see Kane ahead of Toews in the poll:

Toews= 46%

Kane= 49%

Hossa= 5%

But lets do our own poll here on the forums , might be something we can do till tomorrow.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My vote goes to Toews. The dude can do it all. PK or PP, 5v3 or 3v5. Can score shorthanded and can deke you out of your skates. Wins a ton of faceoffs, never in the penalty box, and seems to win the puck in every 50/50 situation. Rarely turns the puck over if it all. And plays with great intelligence.

Toews is the man

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Why would Keith not be on their poll?

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would Keith not be on their poll?

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Was a little suprised he wasn't..he's absotulety amazing..that's why I atleast mentioned him. Guess they don't care about defensemen :(

Liked Posts:
It's between Keith and Toews.

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toews.. then Keith... then Kaner.

Toews is arguably top 5 in the world. As said before he can do it all at an exceptional level.

I give the nod to Keith over Kaner again due to all around prowess.

Kaner is an electrifying offensive talent and no one handles the puck better but his D is lacking.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Just because of his all-around game and the intangibles he brings to the team, I'd have to say Toews.

I would ranked Keith as a very close 2nd.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kane is my favorite to watch. Amazing talent. Toews and Hossa are all around great. But I'd take Duncan Keith as the best at his poosition in the NHL.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I think Duncan Keith is the best player this year...

I feel like we take that guy for granted because he makes playing defense look so easy compared to the rest of the league...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As we await anxiously for tomorrow's game how about this tough question I bumped into on ESPN. Who is the best Blackhawks player?

I was surprised personally to see Kane ahead of Toews in the poll:

Toews= 46%

Kane= 49%

Hossa= 5%

But lets do our own poll here on the forums , might be something we can do till tomorrow.

I'm guessing if you poll casual sports fans they know the name Kane very well. And they see the scoring numbers. If you poll blackhawks fans, and the ones here are at least 50% hardcore, we get the above.

Its not a hard question at all.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought about Keith, but Toews does it on both ends and faceoffs. And as captain in leadership. And takes less penalties than Keith just by eye balling it, I'm not looking at that stat.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
David_Bolland.JPG

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IMO, it doesn't matter who is the best.

Toews, Hossa, Bickell, Kane, Keith, and Crawford are essential players. Each of them brings something to the table we can't do without.

The Kane/Keith package is a match made in heaven. You have the spectacular clutch goal scorer who puts weird offensive pressures on the opponent that opens up seams and unorthodox play development for all the others. Keith is a shut down Norris type defender with impecable timing. Nobody taps a stick while trailing just as the shot is trying to be executed quite like Keith.

Crawford had to develop before we could recover from losing Niemi. And Hossa is for sure going to be a hall of famer isn't he?

Then you look at Bickell and you wonder where that hit production and protection would come from and the goalie screen, he had to develop before we recovered from Buff loss.

I don't know if we can lose any of those guys and be ok. Seabrook we were ok, but not well. Other guys like Saad and Sharp are in that second tier with him, and Shaw, where we are clearly effected by their loss, but can carry on for a bit if we lose just one of them. Two would really stress us.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Kane was their best player for most of the regular season this year, but he's kind been held in check as of late. Toews has really stepped it up in the playoffs. I think Toews' skills are more subtle, while Kane's are more spectacular and, in a way, easier to see. I think Toews is the best player on the Blackhawks by a wide margin. A healthy Hossa is number two.

This.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Leddy... fisch loves Leddy, especially when he pinches in :troll:

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not one person voted for Kane, lol.

Seems pretty unanimous that it's Toews 1, and Kieth 2 by Blackhawk fans. And Raskol brought a good point by it being casual fans, didn't think about that but a lot of people visiting the page might not be hockey fans

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toews 2014: 4 GWG in 11 playoff games. The guy is money in big situations.

Hossa doesn't get the props he deserves. One of the best 2 way players in the NHL. Datsukian.