Who thinks Nelson will play in Finals?

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4224810

Rafer Alston, Pietrus, and Anthony Johnson seem to think so. I think it's a definite possibility that he could come back. He's been praticing for weeks now. But he's not going to be the same player, that's for sure. I personally don't think he should play. Alston has done an excellent job, and there's no need to mess up an already solid rotation. Not to mention, Nelson is a physical player, who lives for contact, and he'd be putting himself and the Magic at risk playing with a bum shoulder. I don't think Otis Smith is going to be willing to take the chance, seeing as how great it worked out for Arenas when he rushed back from surgery.

But atleast this is a real possibility, unlike the ridiculous KG rumors for game 7 of the Bulls-Celts series.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
I think this would actually hurt more than help the Magic.

BullsBuddy

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
yeah i agree with you. if it aint broke why try and fix it?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he could if he really wanted to, but won't because it'll probably screw up what the Magic have going for them right now.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
BullsBuddy wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:

"LeShot"= Most overhyped shot in history

I love that.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Do the Magic have anyone with any NBA Finals experience player or coaches besides Ewing ? And do you guys feel like that makesa difference ..

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
SouL EateR wrote:
Do the Magic have anyone with any NBA Finals experience player or coaches besides Ewing ? And do you guys feel like that makesa difference ..

Anthony Johnson went to 2 finals with the Nets.

sabixx

Liked Posts:
'leshot' thing is one of the stupidest things Ive ever heard. the hate for Lebron around here is ridiculous.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
SouL EateR wrote:

I think it makes a lil difference but these guys have played in big games already so I don't think it's really a deciding factor. Having been there before, a player will know the intensity level and how to handle the pressure, but all the playoffs are intense so it's really not that big a deal.

I'll say this though. If Lamar Odom does not show up in this series, Orlando is walking away with the Larry O'Brien Trophy.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
SouL EateR wrote:

Anthony Johnson went to 2 finals with the Nets.
Ok thanks Skool, do you think there lack of experience plays a roll in the finals? Or are you thinking like i am that no matter what Kobe will not be denied?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
SouL EateR wrote:
I would imagine it would make a difference confidence wise. If you've been to the NBA finals a couple times I would imagine that you would be more confident than someone like Courtney Lee. I guess maybe you aren't as nervous as you would be...or maybe you're more nervous. There has to be some reason analysts always mention playoff experience and whatnot.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
sabixx wrote:
'leshot' thing is one of the stupidest things Ive ever heard. the hate for Lebron around here is ridiculous.

please. Shot was nice but I wouldnt put it in the top 50 game winners. They were talking about it like it erased what MJ did to Ehlo and the Cavs.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
SouL EateR wrote:

I think it makes a lil difference but these guys have played in big games already so I don't think it's really a deciding factor. Having been there before, a player will know the intensity level and how to handle the pressure, but all the playoffs are intense so it's really not that big a deal.

I'll say this though. If Lamar Odom does not show up in this series, Orlando is walking away with the Larry O'Brien Trophy.
Im going to enjoy the potential Lamar vs Hedo match up alot..

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
sabixx wrote:

And you're surprised by this? You know, he does play for a division rival. But you have completely changed my point of view so now I'm going to go back some Larry O'Brien Trophy-shaped sugar cookies and send them to Bron-Bron, cuz as Kobe said, "You gotta be hungry LeBron."

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Newskoolbulls wrote:
sabixx wrote:

please. Shot was nice but I wouldnt put it in the top 50 game winners. They were talking about it like it erased what MJ did to Ehlo and the Cavs.
Let's put it this way, the shot was a really really good shot. Great even. But it is definitely not the best one ever and it does not erase what MJ did to the Cavs. Thus overhyped.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
sabixx wrote:

Let's put it this way, the shot was a really really good shot. Great even. But it is definitely not the best one ever and it does not erase what MJ did to the Cavs. Thus overhyped.

well said.

sabixx

Liked Posts:
what the hell is wrong with you people? lebrons shot has nothing to do with MJs shot,why the hell would you even bring them up together?

why would you even care that people enjoyed Lebrons game winner? are you so pathetic in your life that you need to constantly knock down others who are having success?

theres a few members on this board, who do nothing but compare things to Jordan, and whine when others are given praise. THE JORDAN ERA IS OVER. let it go, people are allowed to go on and enjoy things that other players are doing.

if you cant see why Lebrons game winning shot is impressive, than you're looking at things through a Jordan-colored pair of glasses, and you look completely pathetic.

seriously,making fun of Lebrons shot because it wasn't as good as Jordans? how old are you? seriously? this is middle school stuff.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
sabixx wrote:
what the hell is wrong with you people? lebrons shot has nothing to do with MJs shot,why the hell would you even bring them up together?

why would you even care that people enjoyed Lebrons game winner? are you so pathetic in your life that you need to constantly knock down others who are having success?

theres a few members on this board, who do nothing but compare things to Jordan, and whine when others are given praise. THE JORDAN ERA IS OVER. let it go, people are allowed to go on and enjoy things that other players are doing.

if you cant see why Lebrons game winning shot is impressive, than you're looking at things through a Jordan-colored pair of glasses, and you look completely pathetic.

seriously,making fun of Lebrons shot because it wasn't as good as Jordans? how old are you? seriously? this is middle school stuff.

No this is middle school stuff ------> MJ 6 titles Lebron 0.
MJs fadeaway = $
Lebrons fadeaway= :X

Lol sorry mods i had to.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
sabixx wrote:

Your response is middle school stuff. No one was making fun of his shot because it wasn't as good as Jordan's. You made that astonishing leap in deduction yourself. I can think of many other shots that were better than LeBron's. Devin Harris or Derek Fisher, anyone? What everyone is making fun of is the unbelievable hype that James receives on a daily basis, and the fact that everyone thinks everything he does is amazing.

And it appears to me that you're the one looking through Bron-colored glasses.

BullsBuddy

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
BullsBuddy wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:

"LeShot"= Most overhyped shot in history

I love that.

thanks haha! it was a nice shot but "E!spn" was covering it like lebron won 6 six rings on the shot. too bad he didnt finish the series! and great class he showed by not shaking hands and going to his press conference. lebron doesnt usually screw up like that, but this time he did, BAD.