Gambo: Amare will be dealt

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
It's no secret that the Celtics like Stoudemire, they are one of about 10 teams that have shown interest in the power forward. And it's no secret that the Suns will be shopping Stoudemire hard once the NBA Finals are over.

The Suns have no intention of giving Stoudemire a contract extension of which he is eligible for this summer and they certainly don't want to let him walk after next season when he has the right to opt out of his current contract. So Stoudemire will be dealt and there will be some good deals on the table to give STAT a new address. The Celtics will show interest and could put together some enticing packages. But it is unlikely that Stoudemire will be wearing green next year.

http://ktar.com/?sid=1175731&nid=624

jsain360

Liked Posts:
I don't see Boston doing it, if I were Suns, Rondo and Perkins will have to be apart of any deal to get Amare

Manic Devourer

Liked Posts:
jsain360 wrote:
I don't see Boston doing it, if I were Suns, Rondo and Perkins will have to be apart of any deal to get Amare

Perkins really isn't that good. Yeah, he is a decent defensive big man but he isn't all that great.

But yes, Rondo should be the centerpiece of any trade if I were the Suns, but besides him the Celtics don't really have anything else. I still think a combination of Tyrus, draft picks, Salmons, Gordon or Deng is a lot more appealing with more depth of talent returning than what the Celtics could offer. Unless they're planning to trade either Paul or KG.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
I know Perkins isn't that great, but I would want Perkins for his D and boards and some type of presence in the paint

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
whod be the center? kg or amare? amare had microfracture. it was a long time ago, but he does have some injury issues. More importantly, he doesnt really do any of things that a center does. amare doesnt play defense. he's an offensive guru, but he's not a dfender. Kg might have some injury issues. he's getting old. he doesnt really have the body of a center. why would boston do this?

unless they're rebuilding around amare, i dont get it.

AirP

Liked Posts:
From a hoopsworld chat...

Steve Kyler:
Amare is a different story... his eye is jacked up... basically there is a very dense fluid that has to either be removed from the eye or allowed to drain on its own, so he basically has to lay down for hours at a time with his head to the side and let it drain naturally... he can not do anything remotely athletic, he'll be in terrible shape when the season rolls around and thats when injury strikes.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/chat.asp?status=&CHAT_TOPICS_ID=312