Ego Ferguson Thread

What grade do you give the Ego Ferguson Pick?

• Total voters

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Good stuff. That was our weakness.

He's a bit more of a developmental pick than I'd prefer as a second rounder, but you can see the potential when you watch him. Stout and rarely moved off his point, he still has good movement and gets up and down the line nicely. All of his flaws (pad level, hand fighting, lack of pass rush moves) are all correctable by a position coach. Assuming that Nix's knee is trash, I still would've taken DaQuan Jones ahead of him as a NT, but Ferguson is not a bad pick albeit surprising and a tad underwhelming.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I'm far from an expert, but I'm still shocked at the lack of knowledge in regards to how a 1-gap 4-3 works and how "run stuffers" fit into it.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
WTF is Emery doing? Doesn't he know we've spent months doing his work here? We have plenty of Ego's on this board, did we really need another one who we haven't discussed to fucking death?

I say, hell no, we don't need another fucking Ego around here! What the fuck Phil, are you so Egotistical that you think your scouting supercedes our youtube watching? I call BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT i SAY!l

I expect billboards tomorrow proclaiming Emery be fired and BIF be hired as his replacement...this shit must stop prior to tomorrow!!!!!!

:hitler:

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
My problem is Phil has sucked at drafting D for us thus far. Reaches have all looked awful. He is getting work done on offense. So we have no reason to believe we were all wrong for wanting HaHa and Nix. In fact, if before the draft God told us we'd have HaHa and Nix in the first two rounds that would have lead to elation.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
At least he waited until the 2 round this time to get cute with our Draft pick

Bearsweatherman

Liked Posts:
People keep bitching about this but not exactly seeing a whole lot of other players that they would have rather the Bears taken. We needed a DT, this is who Emery tabbed. Kiper for crying out loud mentioned the number of WR's still available when we picked. Why the hell would we use a second round pick on a WR? Ego fits a need, so now we wait and see how it pans out.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
The Jimmy pick was a waste for NE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My problem is Phil has sucked at drafting D for us thus far. Reaches have all looked awful. He is getting work done on offense. So we have no reason to believe we were all wrong for wanting HaHa and Nix. In fact, if before the draft God told us we'd have HaHa and Nix in the first two rounds that would have lead to elation.
The same Nix that is being passed over by everyone? Me thinks fucker has Tommie Harris' s knees.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Sounds like a two down player, so let's hope he's really good on those two downs.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
i'm just bitching and moaning with the rest of the crowd. hey, i don't know anything. i just know from all of the charts and lists and rankings that it was a shocking pick to me. of course Emery knows more than me, of course there is medical information i don't have. look, i'm watching the highlights and getting caught up on him, no i haven't seen much of his play, so WTF do i know. just not who i expected there. i'll read up, i trust that Emery knows what he's doing. i was surprised on the Fuller pick, too. i also know Emery has a lot of analytics that are unique to what he's trying to do. i'm not going to bash our picks, our players, i want them to succeed, and i trust our coaches. i want to see both Fuller and Ego do well. they are positions of need. but come on, you have to admit that MOST here were shocked with this last pick.

BEARS.

Not Emery. Per my sources, the 49ers called the Bears up because they wanted to draft Ferguson. Emery said, "leggo my Ego" and hung up.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who cares where the media has guys ranked.

Justin Britt was a 5th round pick, but the best GM in the league picked him in the 2nd round.

Guess who is wrong, hint he does not have a Super Bowl Ring from last season.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Ego Ferguson on why he felt he was NFL ready: "In the conference we play, you go against the best every week."

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:
I'm far from an expert, but I'm still shocked at the lack of knowledge in regards to how a 1-gap 4-3 works and how "run stuffers" fit into it.

Plenty of people know how it works. This kid is a DT that can play 3-T but is more on the run stuffing side of the spectrum then the pass rusher. He is big and has quickness so what the hell is the problem?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You guys beginning to see a pattern here in every offseason (both FA+ draft) with Phil?

- WRs suck? Build the best tandem in the NFL in Marshall & Jeffery
- No QB protection? Go after the line hard and get it fixed. Vet LT, Long, Mills.
- Our run defense and pass rush sucks? Allen, Young, Houston, Ferguson. Hell...even Fuller if we're talking about run D.

The man sees a weakness and attacks the fuck out of it. I guess we'll see what that actually amounts to....but I really like what the guy has done so far.

Venia

EGO is a third rd pick who became a 2nd rd pick when all the true 2nd rd grade DT's were taken.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You guys beginning to see a pattern here in every offseason (both FA+ draft) with Phil?

- WRs suck? Build the best tandem in the NFL in Marshall & Jeffery
- No QB protection? Go after the line hard and get it fixed. Vet LT, Long, Mills.
- Our run defense and pass rush sucks? Allen, Young, Houston, Ferguson. Hell...even Fuller if we're talking about run D.

The man sees a weakness and attacks the fuck out of it. I guess we'll see what that actually amounts to....but I really like what the guy has done so far.

Lots of reasons to be enthusiastic, but the D picks haven't panned out.

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears 5m
Ferguson said multiple times on his conference call the Bears want him to play 2 technique, which is nose-to-nose with the offensive guard.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
The same Nix that is being passed over by everyone? Me thinks fucker has Tommie Harris' s knees.

I'm sure "Everyone else" would of passed on Ego til maybe even tomorrow. Both are risks but Nix is asked to stuff the run and he can do that.