Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Let the action begin. Go Bears!

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe 40m
Bears fans, for the best draft info in Chicago listen to me, @Hub_Arkush and @danpompei tonite and tomorrow live on http://670thescore.com

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe 25m
I'll have a pick by pick analysis tonight on twitter

Kyle Long ‏@Ky1eLong 30m
Can't wait to see what the guys upstairs have up their sleeves for tonight %DraftDay %FaithInPhil

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 18m
What are #Texans asking for to trade No. 1? I’ve heard what @JayGlazer & @McClain_on_NFL have: A swap of 1s and 2 additional 1s. RGIII level

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 6m
Joining @MullyHanley Show in 3 minutes to talk #Bears and NFL Draft. It's here. http://betaplayer.radio.com/listen/station/670-the-score

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 17m
What does that asking price mean for #Texans? They are aiming high. And that’s how good they think Clowney is, that’s what he’s worth.
Expand
Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe 1m
If the Texans select Mack , that will make two straight years that the first overall pick comes from the MAC

5/7
11:18 a.m. ET - Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports three NFL people that he really trusts said the NFL is giving serious consideration to scheduling the draft a week or two later in 2015

Dan Wiederer ‏@danwiederer 1m
Columnist @DavidHaugh takes a wide-lens look at this draft for the Bears and what it means: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...draft-haugh-spt-0508-20140508,0,629579.column

Dan Wiederer ‏@danwiederer 2m
More from @BradBiggs. Bears have NFL-low nine players on roster whom they drafted pre-2013. Yikes. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...s-nfl-draft-spt-0508-20140508,0,5656499.story

Dan Wiederer ‏@danwiederer 3m
Trib mock for Rd. 1? @BradBiggs has #Bears selecting an enforcer safety. I'm in agreement (if Donald is gone.) http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...k-nfl-draft-spt-0508-20140508,0,1000087.story

Dan Wiederer ‏@danwiederer 5m
Phil Emery said last wk he's considering 6 players at No. 14 in tonight's draft. @Rich_Campbell offers his six: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...-draft-spt-0508-20140508,0,1573514,full.story

David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh 1m
#Bears GM Emery likes to embrace the obscure in draft but if Donald's still on the board, it's a no-brainer. Column http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...draft-haugh-spt-0508-20140508,0,629579.column

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe 2m
Hearing Watkins or Evans to Cleveland, same to Raiders with Donald as Raiders fallback guy

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 54s
Steep price MT @McClain_on_NFL In trade for No. 1 pick, Texans hoping to get a 1st-round swap & picks in 2nd & 3rd rds this yr & a 1st in 15

Last edited by a moderator:

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
The waiting and over-analysis tends to make it anticlimactic for me. The extra two weeks this year just way exceeded my attention span. I'm sure tomorrow I'll be interested again, though.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Can someone post the stories, please? Not going to signup to read.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The waiting and over-analysis tends to make it anticlimactic for me. The extra two weeks this year just way exceeded my attention span. I'm sure tomorrow I'll be interested again, though.

and one of the posts I read indicated it might stretch another two weeks next week. oh god no.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Per Bob McGinn's final mock yesterday. (For what it's worth Bob has the highest success rate at mocks over the last 3 years within the media)

14. SAN FRANCISCO (from Chicago): Odell Beckham, WR, Louisiana State

Projected trade in which the 49ers, with six of the top 100 picks, deal several to the Bears after Aaron Donald, the Bears' obvious target, was taken early. 49ers GM Trent Baalke wants Beckham, possibly the best deep threat in the draft, to augment Anquan Boldin. Michael Crabtree will be entering the final year of his contract.

29. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville

The Patriots have no voids in their lineup. Bill Belichick has been grab-bagging too long in the back end.

30. CHICAGO BEARS (from San Francisco): Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama

Projected trade finds GM Phil Emery acquiring a player he probably would have entertained at No. 14. The Bears' last top-notch safety was Mike Brown.

32. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota

Coach Pete Carroll loves to get after the quarterback. He also has gambled many times in the past on players with character flaws.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
and one of the posts I read indicated it might stretch another two weeks next week. oh god no.

What else is there before TC? A little free agency, but like most, 12 months of football isn't enough for me.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Per Bob McGinn's final mock yesterday. (For what it's worth Bob has the highest success rate at mocks over the last 3 years within the media)

14. SAN FRANCISCO (from Chicago): Odell Beckham, WR, Louisiana State

Projected trade in which the 49ers, with six of the top 100 picks, deal several to the Bears after Aaron Donald, the Bears' obvious target, was taken early. 49ers GM Trent Baalke wants Beckham, possibly the best deep threat in the draft, to augment Anquan Boldin. Michael Crabtree will be entering the final year of his contract.

29. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville

The Patriots have no voids in their lineup. Bill Belichick has been grab-bagging too long in the back end.

30. CHICAGO BEARS (from San Francisco): Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama

Projected trade finds GM Phil Emery acquiring a player he probably would have entertained at No. 14. The Bears' last top-notch safety was Mike Brown.

32. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota

Coach Pete Carroll loves to get after the quarterback. He also has gambled many times in the past on players with character flaws.

Ha Ha at 30.... I'd love it!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Oh thank god this is almost over.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 13m
#Bears hold following picks: Rd 1 (14 overall), Rd 2 (51), Rd 3 (82), Rd 4 (117), Rd 5 (156), Rd 6 From Bucs (183), Rd 6 (191).

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 10m
#Bears have drafted more players from Notre Dame (41) than any other school. Ohio St (30), Texas (27), Oklahoma (26), Stanford (24), NU (21)

John Clayton ‏@ClaytonESPN 34m
Still do not believe the Browns will take Johnny Manzel or a QB with the fourth pick in the draft. They can get a QB at 26 if they wish.

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe 8m
What goes on inside a draft room. http://Bleacherreport.com/articles/2054904-an-insider-guide-to-draft-day

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If Dix fell to us after a trade, that would be awesome.

There should be options. It's tough for me to feel confident in any prediction, which is really how you should feel. There's a number of quality DBs and DTs.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Adam Jahns ‏@adamjahns 1m
Purdue DT Bruce Gaston (St. Rita grad) is on #Bears mid-round radar, called back for visit after local pro day: http://www.suntimes.com/sports/2730...rs-in-middle-to-late-rounds.html#.U2uJgKJ8Hdg

"DT Bruce Gaston is viable option for Bears in middle to late rounds
BY ADAM L. JAHNS Staff Reporter May 7, 2014 11:13PM

Updated: May 8, 2014 2:27AM

Like other local NFL hopefuls, Purdue defensive tackle Bruce Gaston left Halas Hall feeling confident about his performance at the Bears’ local pro day last month.

“It went really well,” the St. Rita graduate said. “I think I made a good impression.”

That Gaston did. The Bears called Gaston back after the local pro day. He returned to Halas Hall to go over his Purdue film with defensive line coach Paul Pasqualoni and assistant Clint Hurtt, answering questions about his assignments and thought processes on certain plays.

“It felt a little more in depth,” Gaston said."

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Texans will trade down. Count on it.