ESPN: Blair bad knees and Derozan guarantee

cool007

Liked Posts:
• On the downside, Pittsburgh's DeJuan Blair has to be bummed. Blair looked solid in the drills and really impressed teams with his weight loss and tone. He also measured short, but his wingspan, standing reach and his athletic abilities made up for much of it.

However, the news became much grimmer for Blair when the results of the medical testing came back. Multiple NBA teams are saying Blair's knees have been red-flagged.

Blair tore both of his ACLs in high school, and the preliminary word from the physicals is that his knees aren't in great shape.

How bad they are depends on who you talk to, but the range wasn't good. I heard everything from "devastating" to "troubling."

Blair's agent, Happy Walters, doesn't feel words like "devastating" are accurate in describing the report he saw.

• We had DeMar DeRozan going to Toronto with the ninth pick in our latest mock draft.

Don't expect him to slip past there. League sources say the Raptors have let DeRozan know that if he's there at nine they're taking him.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
Blair is undersized, overweight, can't shoot, and have knee troubles? No Thanks

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I seem to remember people saying Roy's knees were a red flag a couple years back. See how that turned out. Not saying Blair's anywhere near Roy's caliber, but who knows how bad his knees really are. Based on the report it seems highly subjective to who's viewing the results.

Either way, I'm not the biggest Blair fan, so it don't bother me none.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
I seem to remember people saying Roy's knees were a red flag a couple years back. See how that turned out. Not saying Blair's anywhere near Roy's caliber, but who knows how bad his knees really are. Based on the report it seems highly subjective to who's viewing the results.

Either way, I'm not the biggest Blair fan, so it don't bother me none.

I was going to mention the same thing about Brandon Roy's knees. There are reports that several teams passed on him because of the knee thing.

I also don't really want Blair. The knee thing may or may not concern me depending just how bad they are.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
A guy who has a tendency of being overweight, and a set of bad knees doesn't sound like a very attractive prospect.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
There was a certain attractive prospect that conned the Blazers into making him a #1 pick, despite the fact that he has the legs of a 70yr old. And the face to match.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
There was a certain attractive prospect that conned the Blazers into making him a #1 pick, despite the fact that he has the legs of a 70yr old. And the face to match.

Oden's also a much better prospect than Blair, and didn't have a history of being overweight. Oden had the tallest no step reach coming into the draft. That's a physical gift that is hard to pass up on.

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
If at #16 you have to take Blair. Despite knee problems I can't see him falling behind 11 to NJ. We probably should stay at 16 and get a James Johnson and then either pick up a wing player at 26 like Young or a PG like Collison.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:

Really depends how bad the knees are though. It could mean nothing, it could mean everything. A rumor that he has bad knees isn't really enough to give me any concrete info.

As stated, teams passed on Brandon Roy because of his knees. That's the thing with injury flagged players though. You know there is an extra risk involved. It doesn't change the reward though.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Diddy1122 wrote:

Oden's also a much better prospect than Blair, and didn't have a history of being overweight. Oden had the tallest no step reach coming into the draft. That's a physical gift that is hard to pass up on.

I know. I was being facetious. But I still can't believe that he was taken over Durant. That really made no sense to me. I was not overly impressed with Oden in college, whereas Durant wowed me almost every single night.

MADman24

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
I know. I was being facetious. But I still can't believe that he was taken over Durant. That really made no sense to me. I was not overly impressed with Oden in college, whereas Durant wowed me almost every single night.
Oden played center and had the physical tools to be a dominant player and although Durant was better in college and has been far better in the pros thus far Oden could still live up to his potential and be a dominant center which most people would take over a dominant wing player.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Doesnt Roy miss games due to his knees one in a while? as for Blair I am sorry but I need to pass.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:

Oden is 70, they drafted him for veteran leadership

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
I know. I was being facetious. But I still can't believe that he was taken over Durant. That really made no sense to me. I was not overly impressed with Oden in college, whereas Durant wowed me almost every single night.[/quote]

cough cough michael beasley