Ray Allen to be Dealt!?

Liked Posts:
THIS IS A SCOOP BREAKFAST-STYLEHAM BULLSPODCASTERS.COM EXCLUSIVE. I'M BREAKING THIS ON HERE BABY!

Hoopshype.com reports Ray Allen may be on the block?

Can you really see Ray Allen getting traded?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't see this happening unless they're getting back some ridiculous talent back. Ray Allen's clutch shooting, and just shooting in general, would be hard to replace. I find it hard to believe that he would be on the block though.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
I don't see the Celtics making any big moves this off season. They just have to hope KG gets healthy soon, and that will be enough to put them back into title contention.

Manic Devourer

Liked Posts:
I could definitely see it happening. Sure, they may have one left run in them, but soon enough Ray, Paul and KG will be on the down side of their respective careers, they need more young studs on the roster to take over in a few years time.

Besides Perkins, and Rondo and maybe Big Baby, there isn't much on the roster.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
They are just having discussions around draft time, this is not a big deal.

Liked Posts:
charity stripe wrote:
They are just having discussions around draft time, this is not a big deal.

So it really wasn't that big of a scoop? It said Ray's on the block and since I was the first to break it on here i thought it would be a bombshell or something and that Kush would have me on all the time since I broke it.

Man.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Who would deal anything for Ray Allen?

The Celtics are the type of team Ray Allen is most valuable for. A team who wants to make a title run but doesn't have a large window. There aren't many teams in the NBA who'd give up much of anything for Ray Allen.

Liked Posts:
If the Celtics called and offered you the services of Ray Allen for Ben Gordon and a pick straight up i bet you'd want some of that! I would do that.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
Ray Allen expires in one year and will turn 35. What do you do after next season then? Meanwhile, Ben Gordon will be 27, in his prime, making the all star team, and will be under contract for another 4-5 years probably, and probably at a decent price of 8-9 million a year.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Do you guys believe that Mgt really is not happy with Rondo? He single handily defeated us. I dont know if I believe the report that they are unhappy with him.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:

The Celtics are the type of team Ray Allen is most valuable for. A team who wants to make a title run but doesn't have a large window. There aren't many teams in the NBA who'd give up much of anything for Ray Allen.

His value is his expiring deal.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
Frank Breakfast-Styleham wrote:
If the Celtics called and offered you the services of Ray Allen for Ben Gordon and a pick straight up i bet you'd want some of that! I would do that.

thankfully you're not the gm.

Manic Devourer

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:

I don't think it's that much of an absurd idea.

Say under the assumption that Boston really want him and are willing to offer him a 10-12 million per contract range, and the Bulls aren't willing to go that high, so with a sign and trade we can acquire a shooting guard in Allen in return. Sure, he is much older and doesn't much many years left in him, but it's not like he can't be productive and if anything it will be good for Rose and the entire team to have another veteran on the team that knows how to win and play in the clutch.

Gordon + Tim Thomas for Allen + Bill Walker

I'd do that trade.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

His value is his expiring deal.

Which player out there do the Celtics want to have long term that another team wants to salary dump though?

I suppose what would be interesting is if the Bulls were looking to dump Luol Deng, trade Deng + Tim Thomas for Ray Allen.

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:

Friends have nicknamed me "Zeke 2.0" before. If Isiah Thomas can get a gig maybe I can get lucky and call the shots in Chi Town someday.

Liked Posts:
Manic Devourer wrote:
pinkizdead wrote:

I don't think it's that much of an absurd idea.

It's always so good to see intelligent basketball minds on this forum. :0)

Liked Posts:
charity stripe wrote:
Ray Allen expires in one year and will turn 35. What do you do after next season then? Meanwhile, Ben Gordon will be 27, in his prime, making the all star team, and will be under contract for another 4-5 years probably, and probably at a decent price of 8-9 million a year.

Sorry. I couldn't see all those words clearly. Ray Allen's ring was makin' too much noise baby!

Ray Allen has nearly 20,000 points, a ring and is going to the Hall of Fame.

Ben Gordon's going to Sizzler.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Why would they ask for a pick for a older and worse player? We would need to add salary to make the deal work. I'd have to think about it if the filler could be Deng, otherwise no way.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Ray Allen is too old for the Bulls to trade for, he is a nice SG but he is past his prime, if Allen was 27 years old? Emphatically yes, make that deal, but not at this point in his career.