Cubs’ Zambrano earns 100th win

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
CINCINNATI (AP)—Carlos Zambrano(notes) homered and pitched into the seventh inning to earn his 100th career victory as the Chicago Cubs beat the slumping Cincinnati Reds 2-1 on Friday night.

Zambrano didn’t allow a hit until Adam Rosales(notes) lined a single to left with one out in the fifth inning.

Zambrano gave up two hits and a season-high five walks. He struck out seven while reaching the milestone in his third try since beating Florida on May 3 for No. 99. Since then, he spent 19 days on the disabled list with a left hamstring strain, lost at San Diego and was suspended six games for an altercation with plate umpire Mark Carlson on May 27 in Chicago.

His return was delayed one more day by rain that washed out his scheduled start Thursday in Atlanta.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=290605117

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
CINCINNATI (AP)—Carlos Zambrano(notes) homered and pitched into the seventh inning to earn his 100th career victory as the Chicago Cubs beat the slumping Cincinnati Reds 2-1 on Friday night.

Zambrano didn’t allow a hit until Adam Rosales(notes) lined a single to left with one out in the fifth inning.

Zambrano gave up two hits and a season-high five walks. He struck out seven while reaching the milestone in his third try since beating Florida on May 3 for No. 99. Since then, he spent 19 days on the disabled list with a left hamstring strain, lost at San Diego and was suspended six games for an altercation with plate umpire Mark Carlson on May 27 in Chicago.

His return was delayed one more day by rain that washed out his scheduled start Thursday in Atlanta.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=290605117

Congrats nutcase.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Where does everyone think he will end up? I'd say he will probably end up around 250 wins when it's all said and done.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Where does everyone think he will end up? I'd say he will probably end up around 250 wins when it's all said and done.

doubt it. I say 180. Pitchers dont last as they used to.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Zambrano said Friday he is retiring in 5 years.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Zambrano said Friday he is retiring in 5 years.

What? Link. Why would he retire at the age of 33? He's no Jim Brown.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Randy Johnson won his 300th game on Thursday for the San Francisco Giants. Zambrano just turned 28 on Monday, and could reach the goal. But he dismissed it.

"Three hundred? Me?" Zambrano said. "No, I'll be out of here in five years."

How does he know?

"After this contract, I'm done," said Zambrano, who is signed through 2012 with a vesting option for 2013. "I'm serious. I don't want to play. I want to help this team, I want to do everything possible to win with this team, but after five years or four years, or whatever I have left on my contract, I just don't want to play.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Well he truly is crazy then. Cubs won't win a championship in 5 years. That's pretty much guaranteed.