SIGNED UDFA's

scatterthegold

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Greg Heban, S, Indiana was invited on a tryout basis for the Bears.

Not that it matters (or anyone cares), but Greg is a great dude. Was the only bright spot to watch on Indiana's defense for the past 4 years. Invited me to a party at his house once and I was the only non football player there. It's pretty hard to spit game when every other guy in there is on a scholarship though. :shifty:

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Greg Heban, S, Indiana was invited on a tryout basis for the Bears.

Not that it matters (or anyone cares), but Greg is a great dude. Was the only bright spot to watch on Indiana's defense for the past 4 years. Invited me to a party at his house once and I was the only non football player there. It's pretty hard to spit game when every other guy in there is on a scholarship though. :shifty:
LOL.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's up to Jones to lose a LB spot on the final roster. The LBs that will have a guaranteed spot are:
1. Briggs, WLB
2. Bostic, SLB
3. McClellin, SLB
4. DJ Williams, MLB
5. Greene, WLB
6. Senn, (Strictly Special teams)

That leaves an open MLB spot for Jones. He could legit be this year's Burfict.

I think they'll go with 10 linemen, 6 linebackers and 10 backs, so it looks like Jones and Senn will be competing for that last LB spot. Jones has to prove right away that he can play special teams.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It probably doesn't mean much but Christian Jones and Brandon Marshall went to the same high school.

Nick80

Just carrying on the process from the draft, but Lattimore was a team captain, the Bears valuing leadership and character.

engbear

Liked Posts:
Nfl.com saying Jones went to Jags, hope its wrong. Would like Bailey safety for camp competition. And another Temple TE signed lol, hope it goes better than last one we had !

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
We finally got a Pirate on the Bears. Hope he sticks at DE

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
Nfl.com saying Jones went to Jags, hope its wrong. Would like Bailey safety for camp competition. And another Temple TE signed lol, hope it goes better than last one we had !

Former FSU LB and Winter Park Lake Howell High standout Christian Jones was expected to be selected in the 2014 NFL Draft.

But the draft came and went. Three days went by and Jones was not picked by a team, a surprising fall for a player that some analysts viewed as a potential fourth-round pick.

Jones will now try to make a pro team the hard way. He reportedly signed a deal with the Chicago Bears, according to ESPN's Adam Caplan.

FSU originally announced that he signed a contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent on Saturday, but a report from Big Cat Country, a reputable publication that covers the Jacksonville Jaguars, stated that Jones opted to sign elsewhere.

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
@bears_insider

RT @CoachSallayUSF: Congrats to @DGreenwell1 on getting picked up by the @ChicagoBears for rookie mini camp that starts Thursday.

Dustin Greenwell

College: St Francis (IL) Number: 18
Height: 6-3 Weight: 245
Position: TE Pos2: FB/H-back

Pro Day Results

Dates: 03/07/14@NIllinois 04/12/14@DetroitSRC
Height: 6033
Weight: 245
40 Yrd Dash: 4.69
20 Yrd Dash: 2.74
10 Yrd Dash: 1.67 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 24
Vertical Jump: 43 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'01"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.29
3-Cone Drill: 7.20

RB_Bears

Liked Posts:
I agree. Jones should beat out Senn. I think Greene is capable of being a leader on special teams. Even McManis could do it

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Another FS signed I think

Marcus Trice @BeGreat8
I did not get a free agent contract but the Lord blessed me with an invitation to rookie minicamp with the Chicago Bears this weekend. #GOG
8:14 AM - 11 May 2014

Stats:
Height: 5-9.5
Weight: 164
40-Yard Dash: 4.54
Short Shuttle: 4.22
Vertical Jump: 32.5"
3-Cone: 7.21
Broad Jump: 9-3

chefbear65

Liked Posts:
It's up to Jones to lose a LB spot on the final roster. The LBs that will have a guaranteed spot are:
1. Briggs, WLB
2. Bostic, SLB
3. McClellin, SLB
4. DJ Williams, MLB
5. Greene, WLB

The problem with that list is you're grouping Bostic and Shea together. Not saying it won't happen but just because they're planning on testing Bostic and Shea at SLB/ MLB doesn't change the fact that they are both much better suited for one than the other. So unless Bostic starts flashing at SLB (not likely considering it's pass rushing requirements) then it'd be best to consider him at MLB.

Doesn't chance anything really. Just means Jones will have to stick behind Mclellin and not DJ. He has a better chance there anyway. He's a lot less sideline to sideline and much more of a disruptive edge defender. SAM LB is perfect for him for many of the reasons its perfect for Shea.

Reactions: WCL

chefbear65

Liked Posts:
1. Briggs, WLB
2. Bostic, SLB
3. McClellin, SLB
4. DJ Williams, MLB
5. Greene, WLB

Another FS signed I think

Marcus Trice @BeGreat8
I did not get a free agent contract but the Lord blessed me with an invitation to rookie minicamp with the Chicago Bears this weekend. #GOG
8:14 AM - 11 May 2014

Stats:
Height: 5-9.5
Weight: 164
40-Yard Dash: 4.54
Short Shuttle: 4.22
Vertical Jump: 32.5"
3-Cone: 7.21
Broad Jump: 9-3

If you haf read what you copy and pasted, you'd probably realize the tweet itself specifically notes he didn't receive an offer and is simply getting a shot as a rookie mini camp extra.

Hope that doesn't come off the wrong way. Just clarifying it for you since you said "I think" and didn't seem positive about it.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
If you haf read what you copy and pasted, you'd probably realize the tweet itself specifically notes he didn't receive an offer and is simply getting a shot as a rookie mini camp extra.

Hope that doesn't come off the wrong way. Just clarifying it for you since you said "I think" and didn't seem positive about it.

True true, my mistake. Thanks for noting that. I definitely jumped the gun there. Just something I saw when I woke up and noticed no one posted it hehe.