SIGNED UDFA's

Newblood

Liked Posts:
May be just the opposite. A noncontender gives them more opportunity to possibly earn a roster spot and see playing time.

I would think you would want to go to a team that is weakest at the position you play, independent if they are a contender or not.

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure whoever offers the most money to them has a lot to do with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
According to Waddle it about opportunity. It better to be a free agent so you can choose your spot.

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
Man, watching Christian Jones is just a joy. At the very least he does what he's been trained to do and exceeds at it. Just a smart football player that's almost always around the ball. I mean, seriously, I'm sitting on my GM armchair and wondering why the fuck the dude was passed on other than failing that drug crap?

In any case, I'm glad he choose da Bears. He's going to make a great case for a roster spot.

Liked Posts:
I will be surprised if Jones doesn't make the team.

It depends on what the Bears intend to do with him. F.S. used him as a LEO LB in 2013, & he is just not a LEO LB. If you watch his tape from 2013 it's unflattering. However if you watch his tape from 2012 & previous you will see a kid that played all three 4-3 LB positions with F.S. mostly as the SAM & MIKE LB while only occasionally lining up as the LEO, & did so throughout every single game in 2012. As a result Jones was actually the top rated MIKE LB prospect in many eyes heading into 2013. The kid can cover but he's IS going to need a year to learn the system/playbook.

The kid is a coverage LB & if he gets a chance as a coverage LB, I agree that he has a good/solid chance to stick, but if he did pan out I wouldn't expect more than a Nick Roach type player with more speed & athleticism & better coverage man/zone ability than Roach, who btw would be a very valuable asset to the Bears roster right now.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i'm big on a lot of the rookies, even the UDFAs, i think we may see some "names" cut this year that are just too old, banged up, etc. when push comes to shove, all things equal, i THINK Emery will go with youth over veterans at some of the depth positions. we'll see.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Congrats to 7SG client Adam Kennedy as he is headed to the Windy City! #Bears #7SG @AKennedy_2 pic.twitter.com/YGS0WO9kAW

QB from Arkansas State. Mini camp invite
reading bout him and lots of analysts loved this guy...interesting

Liked Posts:
Per Sports Illustrated

http://beargoggleson.com/2014/05/14/rookie-mini-camp-update/

Note the "Beast" TE from Kansas State! I'm pretty sure that it's actually Kellen Davis......?!

I would love it if a 6'7"/260 pound TE that essentially costs nothing panned out to even a good solid second TE on the depth chart behind Bennett. I have zero faith in Onobun, who I hope worked on catching the football this offseason. Here's some more brief info.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=95054&draftyear=2014&genpos=TE

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
I have no faith in "Cinibuns" either...his hands and head just can't figure it out....and route running.....?! A lost cause....

as to The K-State guy....check out his "Toe Tappin!" If this was Kellen Davis he would have spun her into the orchestra pit within the first minute of the routine...?! [video=youtube;qPkwfW6ttQQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPkwfW6ttQQ#t=105[/video]

remember....this guy is 6' 8" 261......

Liked Posts:
I have no faith in "Cinibuns" either...his hands and head just can't figure it out....and route running.....?! A lost cause....

as to The K-State guy....check out his "Toe Tappin!" If this was Kellen Davis he would have spun her into the orchestra pit within the first minute of the routine...?! [video=youtube;qPkwfW6ttQQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPkwfW6ttQQ#t=105[/video]

Yep, he's a giant. If he can catch a few passes in traffic, run routes correctly, & most of all block, which is usually most important for the second TE, he & Christian Jones could be very good acquisitions.

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:

Thank goodness that has nothing to do with catching or blocking. I just don't understand why that video is supposed to be a good thing. He looks like a total spaz to me. So what he is big, he still looks uncoordinated. He has me by 1 inch and about 15 pounds. That being said, I hope he pans out well. I just don't see the point of this trying to show he is at all fluid or athletic etc.