With Samardzija's lack of run support, ...

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I am not talking about cutting anyone, but the fact remains that the view of him that many Cubs fan of him is completely colored by an unbelievable stretch of play to start the year. He has been pretty bad ever since in all honesty. That is the only point that I have raised and will continue to raise until his numbers stabilize either to the level he has played the vast majority of his career at or if it is anything close to the player he has shown flashes of at different points in his career.

And all I'm saying is players have ups and downs. Relatively few are a consistent 1 hit a game types. Case in point he's got 2 hits tonight already vs a quality cardinal team.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
And all I'm saying is players have ups and downs. Relatively few are a consistent 1 hit a game types. Case in point he's got 2 hits tonight already vs a quality cardinal team.

Yes ups and downs, but again the point is that his down has been far more prolonged than his up. We will see where he ends up a tthend of the year, but guessing it is going to be a lot closer to his beginning of the year projections than his 2011 season.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Apparently not. But also, you mentioned Barney in the middle of the order as some kind of rebuttal. You're really not making any sense. Atall.

Argumentum ad abusurdum is quite accurate. Stop trying to use words like they have no meaning with laughable responses.
LOL. On how many other teams would Castro be the cleanup hitter? On how many other teams is Rizzo the 3? For whatever reason you think that Rizzo and Castro should be putting up different numbers than they are simply because RR has them in a certain spot in the lineup. It's no different than putting Barney somewhere else in the lineup and expecting his power numbers to change.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
There should be accountability but it won't happen. The media saw what happened to Steve Stone when he was " too negative". And stuff like this is even more likely to happen now with all the losing

That's why when someone spews a pitchers win/loss record, I often throw back something like: What's Rizzos win/loss percentage as a starting first baseman?

When we start realizing that win/loss stat when applied to one person on a 9-player sport is just dumb, things will change.