Mount and Blade

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Has anyone else played any of the Mount and Blade series developed by Tale Worlds?

Its pretty unique in the style of play and though the original gets old after one career, there are mods that take the game to a whole new level.

For the Game of Thrones people:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,301374.0.html

The game has tons of released mods already which expand and improve the game:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,165.0.html

The Warband or Fire/Sword version are what you would want to try if you wanna give it a shot.... the original lacks alot of the polish of the expansions.

They are also working on a Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord with a full studio of devs and more resources to invest.... if it turns out on par with their previous work it ought to be pretty awesome.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've played it, but I haven't tried the expansions. Probably missing out on a lot since the original game gets pretty boring pretty fast imo.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've played it, but I haven't tried the expansions. Probably missing out on a lot since the original game gets pretty boring pretty fast imo.

For sure.... give Warband a shot, its night and day better IMO... combat mechanics are better, riding is better, etc.

If you get bored on vanilla give Prophesy of Pendor a shot.... total conversion of the whole map, new factions, new troops, added features.... I have been playing it on and off for a couple years now and gotten alot of enjoyment out of that one. You can found your own knighthood order and junk.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
More of you fuckers need to play Mount and Blade damnit

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If I can find a job I'll buy the expansions :marshmallow:

If I can find a quality side kick at work I might have time to play more Mount and Blade... :thinking: