Who would you Rather PLay against in WCF

Who would you rather play in the upcoming series?

• Ducks

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Kings

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
just curious have not really followed either team. Obviously Ducks have best record.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I would rather play the ducks...

Quick is one of the best goalies in hockey if not the best... If he gets hot it he can take over a series...

I would rather play Anaheim... They are a great team but Quick is the big difference to me...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am completely torn but... I'm gonna go with LA.

Yeah you gotta face Quick but you get home ice and a little more rest.

We went 3-0 against the Kings in the regular season and 2-0-1(SOL) against the Ducks. All the games were close so the regular season doesn't tell us much.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Give me the Kings all day. They don't have the speed or the depth scoring to compete with the Hawks.

They also don't have home ice which looks like it's important this year.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would prefer the Kings just for the home ice it would bring us, but wouldn't be upset with the Ducks. They have a rookie Goalie who is playing really well right now, but eventually he will crack. Not sure if has been exposed to the offensive threat he would see with us.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Voted Kings -would rather have home ice advantage... otherwise it doesn't really matter much.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
The playoffs can do funny things -- the Hawks traded for a guy in the late 80's - Alain Chevrier -a journeyman goalie basically... this was just before Belfour came along ... so the goalie situation was really up in the air.

This guy basically carried the Hawks in the playoffs that year... of course he was a guy with an over 4 career GAA. It can happen if some guy gets really hot - it has happened before ...

That's how I take Dewey's point being.

Actually you can expand that to more than just goalies - it is really funny how sometimes playoff heroes come from some unexpected guys - another one for the Hawks in the past was Jocelyn Lemieux ... he was always basically a 4th liner although I think he might have been a high draft choice of the Blues - guys can and have gotten on a roll...

I suppose though otoh -those Hawk teams never actually won anything -so it is probably what it is ... maybe just what narrative a team that doesn't win spins itself to feel better about next season.

Frankly I have never been in this position as a Hawk fan -- I was always far more used to working out ways to look forward to next season and that season would usually be exactly the same as the last -with the end result being at best - losing to Edmonton or Calgary... this is a pretty good time to be a Hawk fan.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
as mentioned, this is really tough. I have seen us frustrated by great goaltenders but the thing is we usually prevail in a 7 game series. A team that can pull out of 0-3 to the Sharks is dangerous. I prefer a team that dies when you kill it.

Carter and some of their forwards are elite. They are big. But we get home ice.

With Anaheim, we get a streaky young goaltender who has had some shut down games, and some soft goals. Seems like more team speed/skill and a mix of veterans and youth. Good organization both of them.

I picked home ice, because of how we play there as opposed to who we are playing.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
bottom line is you have to like our chances either way.

Kings and we get home ice.

Ducks and we get a rookie goaltender.

Both dangerous, both not resting for 4 days while we are.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The playoffs can do funny things -- the Hawks traded for a guy in the late 80's - Alain Chevrier -a journeyman goalie basically... this was just before Belfour came along ... so the goalie situation was really up in the air.

This guy basically carried the Hawks in the playoffs that year... of course he was a guy with an over 4 career GAA. It can happen if some guy gets really hot - it has happened before ...

That's how I take Dewey's point being.

Actually you can expand that to more than just goalies - it is really funny how sometimes playoff heroes come from some unexpected guys - another one for the Hawks in the past was Jocelyn Lemieux ... he was always basically a 4th liner although I think he might have been a high draft choice of the Blues - guys can and have gotten on a roll...

I suppose though otoh -those Hawk teams never actually won anything -so it is probably what it is ... maybe just what narrative a team that doesn't win spins itself to feel better about next season.

Frankly I have never been in this position as a Hawk fan -- I was always far more used to working out ways to look forward to next season and that season would usually be exactly the same as the last -with the end result being at best - losing to Edmonton or Calgary... this is a pretty good time to be a Hawk fan.

But both in the regular season AND the postseason, Quick's numbers against the Hawks are far inferior to his career numbers against the rest of the league.

Now I know Dews always refers to GAA and SA% as "team statistics" and I don't disagree with that.

So, maybe I should re-state my position to be this: the Blackhawks own the Kings.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Crawford this postseason: 12 GP, .931 SA%, 1.97 GAA

Quick this postseason: 13 GP, .914 SA%, 2.78 GAA

Yeah, not worried about the Kings at all. And the Ducks with a rookie goalie?

:andruw:

Excuse me while I clear my calendar for the first two weeks of June.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You know how this works DMelt... cynical Chicago fans must assume the best about opposing teams and the worst about their own team so when the disappointment they assume is coming actually arrives, they can take solace in being able to say "I told you so!".

It is a time honored tradition of Chicago sports..... I can't believe in my team until they have already won the game.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
You know how this works DMelt... cynical Chicago fans must assume the best about opposing teams and the worst about their own team so when the disappointment they assume is coming actually arrives, they can take solace in being able to say "I told you so!".

It is a time honored tradition of Chicago sports..... I can't believe in my team until they have already won the game.

Yeah, that's a mindset I've been trying to rally against for the past 3-4 years with this team as my foundation for that argument. I can believe in this team because they've won 2 Cups. Cynicism has its place with the other 4 pro teams in Chicago. This team? Not so much.

It was about this time last year that I declared that the Blackhawks had a team that would outlast any other squad in a 7-game series.

There are more question marks regarding this year's squad so I'm not quite as confident as I was last year. But you look at the other teams remaining and tell me which one is going to provide the Hawks a tougher test than the Blues. I'm still not convinced that there is one.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Not to burst your bubble but.......Ken Dryden 70-71 Canadiens, rookie goalie.....Conn Smythe winner.
Won a game 7 in the finals played in Chicago. Not comparing Gibson to him or anything....

Just saying

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Not to burst your bubble but.......Ken Dryden 70-71 Canadiens, rookie goalie.....Conn Smythe winner.
Won a game 7 in the finals played in Chicago. Not comparing Gibson to him or anything....

Just saying

Much easier for a goalie with Dryden's ability to sneak into a series as a rookie and play lights-out hockey in those days.

If Gibson was an all-world talent, I think we would've heard a lot more about him.

He could turn out to be a very good goalie. He's had a few good games in this series. But the Kings offense ain't exactly overwhelming, either. Nothing like he'll see if he faces the Hawks. Especially with a rather subpar D corps in front of him.

Junis

Liked Posts:
I prefer the kings mainly because that means we will have home ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.