Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good trade for the Raptors I guess as it gets rid of a bad contract. Ok for the 76ers. I would assume they wanted Kapono's 3pt shooting since they have none whatsoever. I wonder how this affects potential Bosh trades for us...

AirP

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
Good trade for the Raptors I guess as it gets rid of a bad contract. Ok for the 76ers. I would assume they wanted Kapono's 3pt shooting since they have none whatsoever. I wonder how this affects potential Bosh trades for us...

Bad contract? He was making 6 million a year, Evans is making 5 million a year for the same amount of time. Toss in the fact that their starting SF isn't signed for next year and they just moved their backup SF for another PF... which you can argue that is better or worse then Kris Humphries(who makes around 3 million a year).

Not really sure why you load up on backup PFs when you right now have Chris Bosh eating up most of the minutes there. Maybe Humphries is going to be moved, maybe Bosh, it just doesn't seem to make sense to trade a position of need right now for a position of luxury.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
AirP wrote:
clonetrooper264 wrote:

Bad contract? He was making 6 million a year, Evans is making 5 million a year for the same amount of time. Toss in the fact that their starting SF isn't signed for next year and they just moved their backup SF for another PF... which you can argue that is better or worse then Kris Humphries(who makes around 3 million a year).

Not really sure why you load up on backup PFs when you right now have Chris Bosh eating up most of the minutes there. Maybe Humphries is going to be moved, maybe Bosh, it just doesn't seem to make sense to trade a position of need right now for a position of luxury.
I didn't know what his contract value actually was. Everyone around here was saying that it was a "bad " deal so I followed suit.

AirP

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
AirP wrote:
clonetrooper264 wrote:

I didn't know what his contract value actually was. Everyone around here was saying that it was a "bad " deal so I followed suit.

It was a great move by Philly, they have a bunch of bigs and need to make room, adding a good outside shooter to their fast paced game just makes them more deadly.

Toronto did save a million on the cap, something else is in the works. Colangelo is a wheeler and dealer.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Toronto could just be making move for DeRozan. The problem with the Raptors front court is they lack toughness. Reggie Evans brings toughness to the front court, and allows them to use their draft pick on a wing player, rather than drafting Blair for added toughness up front.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
AirP wrote:
clonetrooper264 wrote:

They save 2.8 million or so in the trade. Not really a huge savings. If they were trying to figure out how to create room to avoid the tax it would make more sense, but I agree it doesn't fit all that well with their roster.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
maybe they're planning on trading bosh? they might need a back up pf/c?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Toronto could just be making move for DeRozan. The problem with the Raptors front court is they lack toughness. Reggie Evans brings toughness to the front court, and allows them to use their draft pick on a wing player, rather than drafting Blair for added toughness up front.
Exactly, and Philly had no outside shooting outside of Young. This helps them a lot in that category. It is a good and fair deal for both. I wouldn't say either is really better than the other but they just fit their new teams better.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
If Toronto gets Derozan it fits them better, but what if they don't?

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
I love Reggie Evans. He does all the dirty work, i would kill for a rebounder like him.