"32 in red next year"

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Re:

Simeon2UC wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
If we draft BJ I will be so dissapointed. We would have to wait atleast three years to get anything out of him.

Who do you want to draft?

any of the following: Tyler, Johnson, Blair, Thorton, Ellington.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Re:

By the way Hell No to Clark as well.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Re:

hmmm wonder who gave me the negative?:laugh: :laugh:

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Re:

Blair: Brandon Bass
J.Johnson: Caron Butler
BJ Mullens: Chris Kaman

AirP

Liked Posts:
Re:

Newskoolbulls wrote:
If we draft BJ I will be so dissapointed. We would have to wait atleast three years to get anything out of him.

I have no problem waiting 3 or so years on a possible very good talent when your franchise player is 20. It's basically rolling the dice of trading in your pick this year for a much higher draft pick in a few years.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Re:

I went back and watched the game in played against Butler. Check it:

13:18
Mullens missed turn-around jumper.

12:54
Mullens disrupted Butler perimeter with agility, recovery, and length. Ultimately, it led to Butler getting a shot-clock violation.

12:42
Turner penetrates and passes the ball to Mullens, it was a bad pass, eventually it resulted in turnover.

12:10
Mullens block shot.

11:01
Mullens rebound

9:06
Mullens prevent play by trapping guard with agility, recovery, and length. Ultimately, resulting in Butler turnover.

7:41
Mullens commit turnover due to baseline trap. Putting the ball on the floor isn't his strong component. He needs to approve that aspect.

7:15
Mullens pin man and reverse to finish a two hand slam.

6:47
Mullens pressured Butler's perimeter which results in him deflecting ball out of bounds.

6:47
Mullens took a seat on bench.

3:08
Mullens pressured Butler on inbound pass and it results in turnover.

3:03
Mullens traveled when forced to put ball on the floor in transition.

2:32
Mullens sizes his defender then score with a jump-hook. He showed poise too.

1:03
Mullens fade while attempting mid-range shot just inside the three-point line. Mullens shot a air-ball.

:53
Mullens emphatically block a shot that lands in the midst of court.

:02
Mullens display skill on low post. He scores with a drop-step, then spin to the middle, that allows a finger roll. Mullens got the complexity move off with less than a second in the half under poise.

:00
Mullens deflects inbound pass at end of half.

16:30
Mullens check in the game.

15:51
Mullens alters floater that was missed by Butler's guard.

14:49
Mullens uses a great screen that enables Lighty to shoot a uncontested shot.

14:10
Mullens pin defender on low post, then drop-step to go up strong. He's fouled but missed both free-throws.

13:45 Mullens commit foul.

13:31
Mullens attempt turn-around shot but misses.

12:57
Mullens commit foul.

12:02
Mullens air-ball jump-hook.

Analysis: His defense is great when it doesn't allow contact - sort of like Tyrus Thomas. His agility to recover to his teammates' man was impressive. He could defend out to the perimeter. His feel for his shot is rare for a guy his size. He seemed to get frustrated when stuff wasn't going his way which effected his effort. He commits turnovers a lot when he puts the ball on the floor. He has to learn to keep the ball up high because guards love swiping the ball from him. He rebounds in a "free-way" when he's not getting touches, meaning, he doesn't box-out a lot. He just lets the ball come to him during those moments. His offensive skills are polished. He has range out to the three point line. He loves to operate inside in finesse fashion. It was moments where he got up the court faster than everybody. Ultimately, I think the upside is there but his confidence is suspect at times. His mentally can be questioned too. Like I say, he like to get physical but you just have to catch him during the right time of his "mood-meter". He likes to catch the ball in positions where his man is on his back. Then, most times, he'll improvise a face-up or back-down. He uses the back-board very well. I think the NBA is more of his style because there aren't Centers in the league no more. It's basically a Forwards' game in the paint. Especially since the league is Guard oriented.