• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I stand by my remarks..And as as of last night, so do the Hawks

The only people being rubbed the wrong way are the homers who cant deal with reality

These ain't the Bears, man. This is the best-run franchise in the NHL and perhaps the best in all of pro sports. Dynasty talks are already under way and will likely be cemented should they win it all this summer, the 3rd such win in 5 years. This team has earned the benefit of the doubt through it's numerous hurdles cleared in the past 5 years.

That ain't being a homer. That's the truth. Grasp that shit.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
You expect Chicago to sweep every series?.

Each opponent requires a process, which can involve taking a few lumps at times in order to get better as a series moves forward. Chicago has a history of improving as players/coaching familiarize themselves with each new opponent.

This could take another game, so will not be surprised if they drop the next before finding their groove.

This is the hardest thing to learn as a hockey fan, IMO. 99% of series wins include some stretch of play where you're certain that you're watching your team's downfall in front of your eyes. Some are more straits are more dire than others. But it happens just about every series. Learning to not overreact is vital.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
How bout this.... we all leave BearsBud to his remarks and we follow up with him when the Hawks win the Stanley Cup for a second straight year so he can explain why he is still right....

How bout this instead...You find where I said they wouldnt win the cup this year

Then you can explain how wrong I am for stating the Hawks played shitty last night

Im just pointing out shitty play..If that rattles your vag, insert a new tampon

Last edited:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How bout this instead...You find where I said they wouldnt win the cup this year

Then you can explain how wrong I am for stating the Hawks played shitty last night

Im just pointing out shitty play..If that rattles your vag, insert a new tampon

So you think they will win the Stanley Cup but you are bitching about how they are flawed as a team and are standing by your remarks to that effect?

So for comparison, if one of the people who talk shit about the Bears all the time is around spouting off when the Bears go on a playoff run and they wind up winning a Super Bowl you will just be cool with them basically saying "Listen, the Bears suck! But I never said they wouldn't win a Super Bowl".... you wouldn't be irritated with a prick doing that? You know you would be and you know you would call em out right along side me..... you are that guy towards the Hawks right now.

Notice how no one else it jumping in and backing your remarks BB.... thats cause they are ignorant and misinformed on the subject.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
They could win the cup, and they couldnt..You know how shit happens in the playoffs

The hawks played shitty in 3 playoff games that I saw...you can spin that anyway you want, but that fact remains

Quit sucking their ass... They have talent but make a lot of mistakes

Jesus Christ youre a homer!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They could win the cup, and they couldnt..You know how shit happens in the playoffs

The hawks played shitty in 3 playoff games that I saw...you can spin that anyway you want, but that fact remains

Quit sucking their ass... They have talent but make a lot of mistakes

Jesus Christ youre a homer!

Yeah, I am a homer cause they are a great hockey team who won the Stanley Cup 2 out of the last 5 years.... I stand by my remarks regarding your remarks and so does everyone else in the Hawks forum.

You are welcome to dissent but we are also welcome to comment on the dumb shit you have to say.

Is it too hard for you to either take our "homer" criticism of your remarks like a man or STFU and stop making them?

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can comment all you like

Here is the dumb shit I said that obviously wasnt true

The Hawks stunk last night..

They lost a game vs the Blues by playing not to lose

They almost lost a game to the Wild the same way

Yup..I was wrong

hahahahahahahah

Let me get my homer boots out

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can comment all you like

Here is the dumb shit I said that obviously wasnt true

The Hawks stunk last night..

They lost a game vs the Blues by playing not to lose

They almost lost a game to the Wild the same way

Yup..I was wrong

hahahahahahahah

Let me get my homer boots out

You seem really hyper about me and DMelt and others disagreeing with your comments on the Hawks.... feel free to put on your homer boots, whatever the fuck those are ya loon.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im not hyper..I just cant believe that you people actually disgree with the fact that the Hawks played shitty last night...Actually, DMelt agreed with me..That leaves you out on a limb

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Im not hyper..I just cant believe that you people actually disgree with the fact that the Hawks played shitty last night...Actually, DMelt agreed with me..That leaves you out on a limb

Nope it sure don't, they played well the first 2 periods of the game, keep in mind they went in to the 3rd up 2-1 and then they collapsed and "played shitty" and got tired. I could point out specific players and what they did wrong but we can generalize it as "played shitty" if you prefer.

No hockey team is perfect, its possible for any of them to lose momentum and play badly and lose a game, the Hawks did it last night.

If you wanna dumb this down to "The Hawks lose when they play shitty but they win when they play good" then ok sure, agreed.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope it sure don't, they played well the first 2 periods of the game, keep in mind they went in to the 3rd up 2-1 and then they collapsed and "played shitty" and got tired. I could point out specific players and what they did wrong but we can generalize it as "played shitty" if you prefer.

No hockey team is perfect, its possible for any of them to lose momentum and play badly and lose a game, the Hawks did it last night.

If you wanna dumb this down to "The Hawks lose when they play shitty but they win when they play good" then ok sure, agreed.

The Hawks played shitty in 3 playoff games...They lost 2, and squeaked out on one...If you cant accept that, then I cant help ya

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Hawks played shitty in 3 playoff games...They lost 2, and squeaked out on one...If you cant accept that, then I cant help ya

BearsBud, being totally honest.... idk what you are arguing anymore..... not sure you do either, you just keep making more and more general statements about shitty play and I keep telling you hockey is much more complex than "They played shitty and then they lost/won or They played good and they lost/won".

Every other poster in the Hawks forum can discuss hockey on some level without resorting to making generic conclusions.... I think you sound like an idiot when you post about hockey, If you can't accept that, then I can't help ya.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Actually BB, the Hawks dominated 2/3 of the game; then Crow gave up a soft one; then they shit the bed for almost the entirety of the 3rd period. The last 3 goals given up were due to either an empty net (last one obviously) or giving up odd-man rushes -- which was due to the fact that they were playing a heavily offensive style (basically a 3-1-1 [3 forecheckers, 1 mid-zone, 1 D]) at that point in order to attempt to tie up the game, which backfired, obviously.

Perhaps you should watch more hockey before commenting on it? Especially since you've apparently only watched a handful of the games since the playoffs started and they were "shitty in the 3 games [you] saw."

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
BearsBud, being totally honest.... idk what you are arguing anymore..... not sure you do either, you just keep making more and more general statements about shitty play and I keep telling you hockey is much more complex than "They played shitty and then they lost/won or They played good and they lost/won".

Every other poster in the Hawks forum can discuss hockey on some level without resorting to making generic conclusions.... I think you sound like an idiot when you post about hockey, If you can't accept that, then I can't help ya.

Leddy and Bollig suck brah.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Leddy and Bollig suck brah.

I still want to know what the fuck Quick was thinking on that goal.

Side note: one of the chicks I was hanging out with last night was rooting for a game 5 (bought tickets), so I blame her for the loss.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The last 3 goals given up were due to either an empty net (last one obviously) or giving up odd-man rushes -- which was due to the fact that they were playing a heavily offensive style (basically a 3-1-1 [3 forecheckers, 1 mid-zone, 1 D]) at that point in order to attempt to tie up the game, which backfired, obviously.

What I want to know is why the hell have you not been posting in this forum more. Good stuff.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What I want to know is why the hell have you not been posting in this forum more. Good stuff.

Hockey is one of those fluid sports that doesn't really lend itself to post-game analytical discussion the way football does...so there really isn't all that much to post about most of the time (and the same goes for the roster of hockey teams, it doesn't vary nearly enough to warrant a ton of discourse [barring FA and deadline trades]). So I just poke my head in occasionally and if someone is out of line I'm forced to comment...see BB's lunacy.

Edit: As a bonus, here's John LeClair's stick blade. In an interview, back in the day, he was asked how the fuck he used it and he answered (paraphrasing) "well, if I'm two feet away from the net I can roof it. Any further than that I have to shoot with the heel; otherwise it's [the puck] sailing into the stands." I tried playing with that curve for a few games and was completely useless...fucking thing is like a pitching wedge.

IMG_1180.jpg

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hockey is one of those fluid sports that doesn't really lend itself to post-game analytical discussion the way football does...so there really isn't all that much to post about most of the time (and the same goes for the roster of hockey teams, it doesn't vary nearly enough to warrant a ton of discourse [barring FA and deadline trades]). So I just poke my head in occasionally and if someone is out of line I'm forced to comment...see BB's lunacy.

Edit: As a bonus, here's John LeClair's stick blade. In an interview, back in the day, he was asked how the fuck he used it and he answered (paraphrasing) "well, if I'm two feet away from the net I can roof it. Any further than that I have to shoot with the heel; otherwise it's [the puck] sailing into the stands." I tried playing with that curve for a few games and was completely useless...fucking thing is like a pitching wedge.

IMG_1180.jpg

I agree with DMelt...where the hell have you been? You're like the exact opposite of BearsBud. Don't be a stranger here.

At one time the curved blades were even more exaggerated than that one. I believe it was our own Stan Mikita that first came up with it. Paraphrasing, he once broke a stick in practice but it still stayed connected to the shaft and he started farting around with it and discovered he could make his shots rise or drop depending on the angle of the curve. Figured out some way to bend the blade without breaking it and found himself in business. Bobby Hull with that cannon shot of his soon picked up on it and the curved blade soon became a goalie's worst nightmare. Years later the league put a limit on the amount of curve you have, with a 2 min penalty be assessed if you used a blade that was too curved. I remember playing with a stick that was shaped like a half moon....my shot did some crazy shit but backhand shots and passes were put on the backburner.

34zat5s.gif

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The main official still carries a tool to measure blade height and curvature. Every random once in a while a team, at the behest of their center, will challenge the legality of a stick...it's fucking hilarious when it happens.

The weird thing with LeClair's blade is that it isn't curved at all, just twisted; which is really odd. For example, here are some modern sticks.

ccm-curve-chart.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.