Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Glad they pulled that Miller trade...dumbasses.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sabres acquired goalie Jaroslav Halak, forward Chris Stewart, prospect William Carrier, a 2015 first-round pick and a conditional 2016 third-round pick in a deal reached in advance of the NHL trade deadline Wednesday.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

What on earth is so funny???

You act like those draft picks they gave up are locks for stardom.

Don't be so dense.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Elliott is making 2.5 mil.

Because they traded a goalie, a prospect, a decent young player, and TWO draft picks for a goalie that took them all the way to the first round and then got the fuck out of town.

The Blues got absolutely fleeced by the Sabres in this whole deal and don't have a thing to show for it.

I say again:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Make fun of them all you want but letting Miller walk doesn't make them look all that stupid now huh.

Oh, but that trade. Didn't realize Halak, Stewart & those few draft picks are da awesomez!

God forbid some in this forum would have a lick of perspective on other teams.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Make fun of them all you want but letting Miller walk doesn't make them look all that stupid now huh.

Oh, but that trade. Didn't realize Halak, Stewart & those few draft picks are da awesomez!

If you can't see how badly St. Louis got torched on this deal, then there's no reason for to discuss it further.

St. Louis partially mortgaged their future to make a run at the Cup this year and won absolutely nothing. And now they're restricted in their ability to make the improvements they're going to need to compete with a superior Chicago team and rising Minnesota/Colorado squads.

There's your perspective on other teams. The whole division is about to pass them by.

Last edited:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

2 first round picks and a top prospect is a steep price for a rental Joe.

I would have said the same if it was the Blackhawks making the deal and they fell short.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You act like those draft picks they gave up are locks for stardom.

Don't be so dense.

:obama:

:facepalm2:

:gary:

:cmonman:

:gtfo:

:enough:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

This is the wise move but mocking the trade is legit.

And at this stage, halak has shown he can be quite good and better off. Now they're pining hope on less resources and hoping Allen develops. In any which way they're far worse off than they were before making a trade that was destined to fail. It's well known how the goalie trade midseason isn't a likely success. Only worked with the multiple cup winning Roy to date.

Earlier they should of sought someone like gabroik for their team.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Liked Posts:
i still dont understand y the blues depleted thier already weak offense in order to make their strengths stronger. halak is almost as good as miller, and put up better numbers behind the Blues' defense. gaborik would have made complete sense in a Blues uni, immediately becoming their #1 scoring threat. plus gabby would have come at a cheaper price. Halak had these guys in the drivers seat for the prez trophy. Buffalo is laughing at you St Louis.

Junis

Liked Posts:
I'm actually kind of appalled. Ryan Miller may not have played well in his short time in St. Louis, but I still think he is a very talented goaltender, and can possibly take you farther than Brian Elliot.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1g72w.gif

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Actually... What they should of done is called Yzerman and traded for St. Louis

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
i still dont understand y the blues depleted thier already weak offense in order to make their strengths stronger. halak is almost as good as miller, and put up better numbers behind the Blues' defense. gaborik would have made complete sense in a Blues uni, immediately becoming their #1 scoring threat. plus gabby would have come at a cheaper price. Halak had these guys in the drivers seat for the prez trophy. Buffalo is laughing at you St Louis.
Gaborik sure as hell wasnt gonna fit into that system. Halak has the skill to win a PO series by himself. Still confused about what was nothing but a lateral move in net and then throwing in some picks and a player in Stewart whom, if he actually gets his mind right, could be better then average. Buffalo did indeed make out like bandits here, theres no debating it only because that first rounder has the potential to be a good player or they can parlay those picks into the McDavid sweeps if they dont get the pick themselves.

This trade took about a year off the Sabres rebuild, it was that good.....for them/

ole'