Baseline for Kane and Toews Extensions

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah....I'm sure we keep Kane. I should be more concerned about losing Tuevo for future assets or more defensemen in the pipe. It just seems like at some point Hossa's contract has to hurt us right? lol, so far we still look in great shape. Obviously we have had losses, Buff, Niemi, Frolic, and Bolland. Thats rough, but Kane is too much part of the identity of the Blackhawks to lose and has the potential to be the most popular American Born player ever if the U.S. team ever figures out they need to build around him and let him carry them.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Good Lord, they're gonna be as deep as an ocean next year. I'm gonna predict that both Toews and Kane will go for longevity and will sign contracts that reflect that. They will give Bowman a chance to keep this thing going. Hockey players are generally more conservative than NFL, NBA or MLB players....these guys know they'll never have to work a day of their lives after their NHL careers are over and would like nothing more than to be Cup contenders for whatever time they have left.
Not only that...with the way guys like Hull Mikita etc. have been treated after leaving the organization...why would they want to leave?

I thought at one time, Kane would dart for Buffalo, maybe at the tail end of his career now, but in no way do I see Kane leaving Chicago in his "peak years"

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People keep talking about Clendening, are also forgetting about another Swede d-man Klas Dahlbeck.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
“We made it clear. We’ve never wavered from that. There’s no doubting the importance of those two players. The direction this franchise has taken has really been in tandem with those two players,” Bowman said on Tuesday, when the Blackhawks had their closing interviews. “When Patrick and Jonathan came on to the scene, it really breathed life into our franchise and into our team. They've played a huge part in this.”
Bowman wouldn't talk about negotiations, other than to say the team has a great relationship with Pat Brisson, who represents both Toews and Kane.
“He’s the best agent in the game – he gets deals done,” Bowman said. “We’re excited to work with him and get that worked out.”

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I actually think the Hawks are going to trade Leddy this offseason. He has all the tools, but he hasn't been able to put it together. He still gets sheltered minutes and gets exposed too often. He does show flashes so he will still have considerable value around the league at his age. His next contract has to be tendered around 3.5 million based on RFA rules. Not going to happen. I also think the Hawks have redundant players like Clendening and Fournier coming up in the system that are cheaper and will still give you the defensive liabilities. There is no reason Clendening can't give the Hawks the same on the 3rd pair for half the cost plus the assets that the Hawks could get in a Leddy trade.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Hawks do trade Leddy, they had better be getting a nice package back.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Knowing Toews he will take less than we expect to help the team.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I actually think the Hawks are going to trade Leddy this offseason. He has all the tools, but he hasn't been able to put it together. He still gets sheltered minutes and gets exposed too often. He does show flashes so he will still have considerable value around the league at his age. His next contract has to be tendered around 3.5 million based on RFA rules. Not going to happen. I also think the Hawks have redundant players like Clendening and Fournier coming up in the system that are cheaper and will still give you the defensive liabilities. There is no reason Clendening can't give the Hawks the same on the 3rd pair for half the cost plus the assets that the Hawks could get in a Leddy trade.
I think Oduya is a far more likely trade candidate from the D corps. Seabrook in second.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Oduya is a far more likely trade candidate from the D corps. Seabrook in second.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I would be ok with trading Oduya.... with Brookbank's performance I kinda wonder if he and Hammer would do well as a pure D pairing..... Brookbank seems to play well with a solid defender in Keith right next to him.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would be ok with trading Oduya.... with Brookbank's performance I kinda wonder if he and Hammer would do well as a pure D pairing..... Brookbank seems to play well with a solid defender in Keith right next to him.
I'm the leader of the Brookbank fan club here, but he shouldn't play higher than 5/6 d-pairing.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
a lot of peeps in the media talking kaners money and demands all are circled around who his center is.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good Lord, they're gonna be as deep as an ocean next year. I'm gonna predict that both Toews and Kane will go for longevity and will sign contracts that reflect that. They will give Bowman a chance to keep this thing going. Hockey players are generally more conservative than NFL, NBA or MLB players....these guys know they'll never have to work a day of their lives after their NHL careers are over and would like nothing more than to be Cup contenders for whatever time they have left.

I still say that they need at least another scraper. To get back to the finals, I think that they are going to need a guy that will go balls out to win the skirmishes in the corner and in front of the net. Especially if they are going to beat the Kings.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What exactly does that man? He'll sign for less if the Hawks re-sign Toews?

no. if he gets a perm center partner as in his boy kesler.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/23/toews-kane-and-i-want-to-be-in-chicago-as-long-as-we-possibly-can-be/?utm_source=TW%20-%20NBC%20Sports%20-%20NHL%20-%20%40NHLonNBCSports&utm_network=twitter&utm_post=2812990&utm_tags=

“We don’t know what that process is going to entail exactly, but I think everyone knows we love Chicago and we understand how much we’ve been given by the organization and fans,” Toews said. “We want to be there for as long as we possibly can be — hopefully our entire careers. That’s the priority right there.”

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3....