No Donovan On World Cup Roster

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know if this picture is edited or real but WOW if this is real.

nDTRASi.jpg
Looks like he made a decision

chicken wings > soccer

not the worst decision ever

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
2 Goals tonight... sole possession of MLS All-Time Goals Lead at 136.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2 Goals tonight... sole possession of MLS All-Time Goals Lead at 136.

yeah....you can't tell me having Donovan in the stable at 70th minutes isn't a tool you can use as a coach. He is the greatest scorer in U.S. history so far, likely to be passed by Klinsman and Altidore. I was excited to have all 3.

If you are tied 1-1 maybe you don't play him, if you end up with a lead, maybe you bring in a different sub, but if you end up needing a goal at some point and a change of pace?

how is Donovan not one of the most useful players you could bring in at 70 minutes? you aren't really going to bring in Julian Green are you? I expect some of those young guys to stay on the bench, Donovan would have been a useful quiver but for Klinsman this must send some message to the team, if Landon is out of shape at all keeping him sends the wrong message.

We'll see, I'm willing to trust it as Klinsman is trying to let Dempsey and Altidore make this their team, there seemed to me to be some tension between Dempsey and Donovan that was spilling over onto the pitch in the game vs Mexico. Can't have that either whoever's fault it is.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I think you will change your mind after June 1st game. We will have to face both Keane and Donovan (pissed of Donovan), he had 2 goals and 1 assist against Philadelphia last night.

As a USMNT fan vs. as a Fire fan, it is easy enough for most to hate a player sometimes and love him sometimes haha.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you will change your mind after June 1st game. We will have to face both Keane and Donovan (pissed of Donovan), he had 2 goals and 1 assist against Philadelphia last night.

[video=youtube;k29wBfLmNP0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k29wBfLmNP0[/video]

I like the Fire and I root for them to win, but maybe I'm not as big as a fan as some of you. I personally root for the USMNT more so then the local team and I enjoy when other USA players play well even with their respect MLS teams. Happy that he got the record also.

But yeah, I get your point :)

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The words of Mike Magee (@magee9):
"HAHAHAHAHAHA DONOVAN HAHAHAHAHA I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE HE BROKE THE MLS GOAL SCORING RECORD UNTIL MY PHONE NOTIFIED ME ������ HAHA #LegenD"

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
LOL Magee.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
yeah....you can't tell me having Donovan in the stable at 70th minutes isn't a tool you can use as a coach. He is the greatest scorer in U.S. history so far, likely to be passed by Klinsman and Altidore. I was excited to have all 3.

If you are tied 1-1 maybe you don't play him, if you end up with a lead, maybe you bring in a different sub, but if you end up needing a goal at some point and a change of pace?

how is Donovan not one of the most useful players you could bring in at 70 minutes? you aren't really going to bring in Julian Green are you? I expect some of those young guys to stay on the bench, Donovan would have been a useful quiver but for Klinsman this must send some message to the team, if Landon is out of shape at all keeping him sends the wrong message.

We'll see, I'm willing to trust it as Klinsman is trying to let Dempsey and Altidore make this their team, there seemed to me to be some tension between Dempsey and Donovan that was spilling over onto the pitch in the game vs Mexico. Can't have that either whoever's fault it is.

That's what scares me the most about this decision. I trust Dempsey...But Altidore on the other hand is a different question. You never know which Jozy will show up. If he struggles, then we will look back on this and ask why Donovan wasn't included.

Jurgen wants to go youth, which is fine. The only problem is, the World Cup is every 4 years. A lot can change.. If Green is here, use him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wondo is playing great. Its possible Klinsman thinks of the fourth striker as a youth apprenticeship spot and had Wondo ahead of Donovan this year based on performance.

My issue not with cutting Donovan from the strikers, as I agree he is the fourth best and the kid can sit in that 4th spot and it helps us more in 2018. fine.

The problem is if Donovan could have played wing better than Bedoya, Davis, or those guys who I think are weak links. Maybe he can't cover that much ground, but think about this

Taking out Altidore in the 65th minute in favor of fresh legs and Wondo who excels in that role, and bringing in Donovan as a winger at 75th minute where he can run for 20 minutes and cover ground and create chances for Wondo and Dempsey. I think thats the best role for both those guys, come in late in matches we need a score, if protecting a lead other subs are best.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
USA hosting Azerbaijan in a half hour at Candlestick Park in San Francisco on ESPN2.