1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Rizzo HR...:kermit:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
He's legitimately the only hitter I love on this team. His season is going to get lost on how bad the cubs have been but he's playing pretty great. He's probably going to be a 4+ WAR player.

You gotta give castro a little love.. ; ))

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
You gotta give castro a little love.. ; ))

Hard for me to get excited by him. Why I love Rizzo is he's so consistent. Even if he goes 0-3 he will get on base by walking. I'm not going to go into it too much because I've pretty much said all I can. But, Castro often frustrates me.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I don't know what to make of Arrieta. I don't have the game on tv but looking at the stats tonight he looks to have good stuff. When he has good stuff he looks like a #2/3 type. But then he has games where he's not very efficient and only goes 5 innings. I wavier between him being a core piece and him being a bridge.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I was watching baseball tonight and they were talking about the Dodgers and their OF rotation between Kemp Crawford and Ethier being bad for their defense rather than just playing a standard 3 person OF. I'm curious what it would take to get Ethier. He's got 3 years left(18, 16, 18 mil) with a option year at $17.5 mil or $2.5 mil buy out. If they could get the dodgers to eat $5-7.5 mil and make it essentially a 3 year $45 mil deal it seems pretty reasonable. You'd get him from 33-35 so he wouldn't be super old.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Also, it appears whatever funk Lake was in has shifted in May. He's hitting .333/.344/.561 in may. Not walking enough for my tastes but hey if you can make it work.... all the power to ya.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Also, it appears whatever funk Lake was in has shifted in May. He's hitting .333/.344/.561 in may. Not walking enough for my tastes but hey if you can make it work.... all the power to ya.

best thing to happen for lake was sweeney and Ruggiano getting hurt, now he playing everyday and getting consistent ABs

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
best thing to happen for lake was sweeney and Ruggiano getting hurt, now he playing everyday and getting consistent ABs

Yeah... I wish they'd just leave Ruggiano in AAA.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Lets see if Jackson can build on his last start.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I don't know what to make of Arrieta. I don't have the game on tv but looking at the stats tonight he looks to have good stuff. When he has good stuff he looks like a #2/3 type. But then he has games where he's not very efficient and only goes 5 innings. I wavier between him being a core piece and him being a bridge.

His change was his best pitch. He was running 53% fastball. Change 14%. Breaking pitches the rest. His change was in the high 80's with a fastball in the mid 90's.

He got burnt on a cutter for the HR. He is not a bad pitcher at all.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
His change was his best pitch. He was running 53% fastball. Change 14%. Breaking pitches the rest. His change was in the high 80's with a fastball in the mid 90's.

He got burnt on a cutter for the HR. He is not a bad pitcher at all.

From what I've read on him most believe he has top of the rotation stuff but his control often kills him. That's where I was going with my efficient comments. Even when it isn't hurting him run wise he often gets his pitch count pretty high and thus into the bullpen.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
From what I've read on him most believe he has top of the rotation stuff but his control often kills him. That's where I was going with my efficient comments. Even when it isn't hurting him run wise he often gets his pitch count pretty high and thus into the bullpen.

Is it just my feed, or are the announcers voices different?

Sent from my phone...in my pocket...with my mind.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it just my feed, or are the announcers voices different?

Sent from my phone...in my pocket...with my mind.

Sounds fine on my end in Louisiana.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
So nice of the padres to wear their 84 uniforms and have their reunion this weekend. Hope we sweep their asses

CSF77

Liked Posts:

His breaking stuff for the most part was a ball. Think he had one that was a strike. His change was inner half to lefties. Fastball was outter edge and down in the zone. He did not throw many fastballs for strikes. If he was going to put a ball in the zone it was off speed.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
That was a long inning to get nothing, we'll see which Jackson pitching tonight

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
This is the kind of inning I like seeing from the cubs. Obviously I'd like to see them score but they saw 27 pitches in the first inning. That should pay off in the 6-8th innings when you get into the Padres bullpen.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Ball just isn't carrying. Thought Luis got that one..