We can exile Sammy Sosa without forgiveness yet hire Manny Ramirez as player/coach?

diavolos

Liked Posts:
Insults? Lol. Like I said. I am done conversing with you on this subject.

lol. is this the fourth or fifth time you are done conversing now? but it is probably hard to be done with something you never started doing as to have actually conversed with me on the subject you would have had to provide your own professional analysis that was requested that you have repeatedly ignored.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Don't get me wrong, Manny carried one hell of a bat. He may be able to help the kids.
But after reading about the new FOs', inches thick manual, about doing things the "Cub Way". Does this not feel like desperation?
Again, Manny raked !

Manny hits the way the front office wants. That's what he'll be teaching. Again I could see this argument if you said he was also going to be teaching fielding but I don't see that as the case.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Manny can help this team hit then he is worth every time. I personally don't care about his past transgressions as long as they remain in the past.

Like him or not he was probably the best pure hitter in the game 10 years ago and if he has the ability to teach that hitting skill to players then he is valuable.

Sammy Sosa may not have that teaching ability. I also don't think Sosa was the pure hitty Manny Ramirez was. Yes, i'm sure that his abilities were, ahem, 'enchanced' during that period but he still had a natural ability to hit a baseball and Theo must think that he has the ability to pass on this ability to younger players. Otherwise there would be no sense in the hire.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Manny hit a 450 foot HR in first game as player coach yesterday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yet he couldn't help with the MLB roster.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Isnt he like 40 ? I wouldn't be surprise if he a Sept call up though

Theo said he isn't playing at the MLB level for the Cubs...but still

It's pretty sad a 40 year old in AAA has more power than most of our MLB roster as currently constructed :lol:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

It's pretty sad a 40 year old in AAA has more power than most of our MLB roster as currently constructed :lol:

Makes perfect sense to me. He's probably the only one pumped up on steroids. Bring in Sosa to be 1st base coach and the two of them can bash homers and give each other injections....now, that's what you call team work.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

Yea but thst goes to show how great a player he was, even at 40 he can rocket a fastball. Plus yea he in AAA but he no minor lge player

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
That's awesome! I would love to see Manny in a Cubs uniform. Even if it's for half the year.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
ezyba5yd.jpg

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
A career .300+ hitter is not fundamentally sound? God I'd love to have a lot more unfundamentally sound players. As for laziness, I've already addressed that. As for selfish, as I've said before, if the front office gets any wiff of him negatively impacting any players he's going to be gone just as quick as he was hired. So yeah that's being ridiculous.

At the plate, yes. In the field, absolutely not.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I won't be providing you anything of the sort. You haven't demonstrated yourself to be worthy. I asked you to describe what a good swing looks like. Instead of describing the actual swing, you described elements of personal style that allow the player to load/unload with power. It means you don't know jack. You should look for elements of his swing from toe touch to contact and then also explain why waving the bat in his hands before he even lifted his leg was really bad. IOW, you're in over your head.

Edit: YT Video analyzing Manny's swing. The person analyzing this swing is likely Don Slaught. The voice sounds like him. Just so you know...16 years MLB experience. .283 lifetime BA. He is known as a guru in the hitting instruction community and his company sets up a lot of the video systems that allow you to get your hands on MLB swing videos.

[video=youtube;4e7p6nvA6po]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e7p6nvA6po[/video]

A swing guru only hitting .283? LOL.

/troll post.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini