Greatest Sports Video Game

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
Baseball Stars for NES. I think it came out in 1989 or 1990.

For it's time, the greatest sports game ever.

Create-a-player, before any other game. Create-a-team, before any other game. Salaries for players, before any other game. And season mode, long before any other sports game.

Baseball Stars was the greatest.

Now for the best franchise.....I'd go with NHL by EA.
Baseball Stars was awesome!! I was like 13 and use to recreate my whole lil leauge team and play season after season,the good ol days..lol...I was also a big Jordan vs Bird fan back than ..Through out the yrs Madden has been the best tho..

BullsBuddy

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
BullsBuddy wrote:
1. NBA 2k8 for ps2. i mean, you can do dunks from the elbow! lol
2. Madden 04 for ps2. the running animations were tight, and there was also playcreater which was really cool. too bad the madden series has taken steps back IMO. the running animations on the next gen consoles look really crappy.

NBA 2K8 was the best basketball game ever IMO. 2K took steps backwards with 2K9 I think.

Madden 04 was my personal favorite. Isn't that the one with Vick on the cover? If it is, that's the one I think is the best.
Madden really didn't wow me with anything up until last season. I thought Madden 09 was very good. And now Madden 10 is gonna have online franchise mode. Madden 10 is a must get for me this year.

its just the player kind of move like they are robots. the running animations are better on the ps2 than ps3, although the graphics have improved on the ps3. im still gonna get it, but i might get this too.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JlW_0V8DvM[video type=youtube][/video][/video]

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Backbreaker looks great but i cant get into games as much if they dont have the real teams and players.

BullsBuddy

Liked Posts:
SouL EateR wrote:
Backbreaker looks great but i cant get into games as much if they dont have the real teams and players.
yeah me 2. if backbreaker had an NFL license, it would definitely give EA and Madden a run for its money. and ultimately we would get two really good football games because they would have to compete. right now madden can do whatever it wants. how long does EA have all of the nfl license stuff?

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
OMG NBA Live 1997 with Mitch Richmond on the cover. I would go crazy with Dennis Rodman and player #99. Rodman had the blond hair and I would modify Robert Parish to make him faster. Also MLB Triple Play 1999.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
BullsBuddy wrote:
SouL EateR wrote:
yeah me 2. if backbreaker had an NFL license, it would definitely give EA and Madden a run for its money. and ultimately we would get two really good football games because they would have to compete. right now madden can do whatever it wants. how long does EA have all of the nfl license stuff?
Im not sure how much longer EA has the license and they have done a fine job with Madden but i would be cool to have som compettion for them.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
SouL EateR wrote:
BullsBuddy wrote:
SouL EateR wrote:
Im not sure how much longer EA has the license and they have done a fine job with Madden but i would be cool to have som compettion for them.

EA just re-signed with the NFL for 5 more years.

The first Madden under the exclusive was 06, and the original contract would have ended with Madden 10. But now they are locked up through Madden 2015.

Backbreaker has some interesting features, like split-screen multiplayer. But I can't see it lasting. If All-Pro Football by 2K8 couldn't make it, I can't see this making it either.

Blitz the League has done okay, but that's Blitz style.

BullsBuddy

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
SouL EateR wrote:
BullsBuddy wrote:
SouL EateR wrote:

EA just re-signed with the NFL for 5 more years.

The first Madden under the exclusive was 06, and the original contract would have ended with Madden 10. But now they are locked up through Madden 2015.

Backbreaker has some interesting features, like split-screen multiplayer. But I can't see it lasting. If All-Pro Football by 2K8 couldn't make it, I can't see this making it either.

Blitz the League has done okay, but that's Blitz style.
well that sucks. i want something to push ea. when nfl 2k came on the scene, 2005 was possibly the best year for football video games. i mean, nfl 2k5 was awesome, and madden 05 brought in the hit stick which has been a big part of madden. if something comes on the scene in 2015, and pushes ea, there are going to be some really good football games out there to buy

Kush77

Liked Posts:
These exclusive licenses suck hard. But it's all about money so screw the gamers.

I got screwed twice because I was a fan of NFL 2K5 over Madden 05. And I also liked MVP baseball much more than 2K baseball.

And 2K baseball was an absolute joke this year. Thank goodness their contract is only third-party exclusive and Sony can make "The Show" which blows 2K out of the water.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
SouL EateR wrote:
Kush77 wrote:
Baseball Stars for NES. I think it came out in 1989 or 1990.

For it's time, the greatest sports game ever.

Create-a-player, before any other game. Create-a-team, before any other game. Salaries for players, before any other game. And season mode, long before any other sports game.

Baseball Stars was the greatest.

Now for the best franchise.....I'd go with NHL by EA.
Baseball Stars was awesome!! I was like 13 and use to recreate my whole lil leauge team and play season after season,the good ol days..lol...I was also a big Jordan vs Bird fan back than ..Through out the yrs Madden has been the best tho..

Baseball Stars, for it's time, was the best sports game ever. I found this on Youtube and seeing the team logos brings back memories.

The American Dreams, the SNK Crushers, The Lovely Ladies, the Ninja Blacksox, Ghastly Monsters, that's all I can remember. There were a few more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a_Kh4Kq8Ts

BullsBuddy

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
These exclusive licenses suck hard. But it's all about money so screw the gamers.

I got screwed twice because I was a fan of NFL 2K5 over Madden 05. And I also liked MVP baseball much more than 2K baseball.

And 2K baseball was an absolute joke this year. Thank goodness their contract is only third-party exclusive and Sony can make "The Show" which blows 2K out of the water.

yeah i have the show, it really rocks. does anyone know if madden is bringing back the adapting cpu? i thought that was pretty neat

Kush77

Liked Posts:
BullsBuddy wrote:
Kush77 wrote:

yeah i have the show, it really rocks. does anyone know if madden is bringing back the adapting cpu? i thought that was pretty neat

Yeah, it's gonna be on NCAA 10 too.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
It's really pissing me off that the Wii virtual console has yet to put up Baseball Stars, but had put up Baseball Stars 2. And I did download Baseball Stars 2 and it's not that great. Too much color. It's like playing a Mario game. It was like Neo Geo wanted to show off what they could do.

But on my Wii I have Tecmo Bowl, Double Dribble, NES Play Action Football, Bases Loaded, Baseball, Super Dodge Ball (awesome game). I play my retro games on my Wii more than the regular Wii titles.

Another great baseball game that not too many people heard of was Dusty Diamond's All-Star Softball. That game was great.

BullsBuddy

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
BullsBuddy wrote:
Kush77 wrote:

i dont usually get ncaa football, but i think i might this season. the season showdown feature is awesome

Kush77

Liked Posts:
BullsBuddy wrote:
Kush77 wrote:
BullsBuddy wrote:
Kush77 wrote:

i dont usually get ncaa football, but i think i might this season. the season showdown feature is awesome

I'm gonna do a shameless plug here. But if you want to hear more about NCAA 10, I interviewed Ben Haumiller who's the lead designer on the game. I had him on my video game podcast. There's also an interview for Tiger Woods 10 with producer Travis Sailer.

http://thesportsstuff.com/?p=1318

NCAA has been my favorite sports game for a few years now. And last year with online dynasty, it just took it to another level. I was in a 11-team league last year and we played about 7 seasons. Maybe we can get one going on here.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
NES: I can remember getting killed by 20 in Double Dribble, but I had a blast playing.

SNES: I was in love with NCAA Basketball with their Mode 7 basketball engine. I always wanted them to make a NBA version, but that never happened.

Genesis: The later versions of Joe Montana Football was pretty darn good. My friends would come over and get killed because they was use to only playing Madden.

N64: I think I was the only kid who played Acclaim's QB Club football franchise

Gamecube: NBA Courtside with Kobe Bryant was a very under-rated basketball game. I think it was one of the first games to have all the fancy dribbling moves.

Dreamcast: The 2K Revolution

XBox: NBA 2K5

PS3: MLB The Show

Kush77

Liked Posts:
NBA 2K5 for XBOX, yes!!!

I was great at that game. I was ranked in the top 150 on XBOX Live for a long time. Then I had a 2-game losing streak that dropped me to around 275.

I also played with the Bulls, who wern't rated high going into that year so I had to have some skills.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
JimmyBulls wrote:
SNES: I was in love with NCAA Basketball with their Mode 7 basketball engine. I always wanted them to make a NBA version, but that never happened.

Was that the one where you played in blue space? And when there was a block you heard a god-like voice that said "rejected?"