Time for changes: Fire Quenneville and Staff thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think that this should be the last year for Crawford. They need to send a message also next year by shaking the line-up up a bit. Not sure
what they do but they need to be able to respond better to a physical team. What Sutter and the Kings did was to get the Hawks to play their game.
They pretty much broke every rush at the blue line and forced the Hawks to dump it in where they lost most of the battles in the corners and
behind the net.

The Hawks also need to figure out how to play with a lead by putting a premium on defensive hockey which they haven't done worth a crap in
the entire play-offs. They just are not as good as last year's team.

I want to make sure you read the part that I'm quoting below from diehard's post and then reconsider how much you want the Hawks to make those moves.

The Hawks have drafted well....we have to hope these players develop into good NHL players and there's no reason to believe they can't. Has Bowman been perfect....far from it but he's been better than most GM's in this league. Ray Shero who everyone here was cream jeans over is now out of work...why? Because he tried to win....now. Armstrong in St. Louis has got to be on shaky footing, why? He shipped picks and talent for an aging goalie, trying to win now. The Hawks management has stayed solid with the idea of being a winning franchise for a long time....will they win every year? Nope, not too many teams do but they have built a solid foundation and should be contenders for a long time.

So I'm not gonna panic and say cut this guy or trade for that guy....I'm gonna trust that this organization knows what its doing and will retool a bit for next season and the team gets it rolling again. I've seen a lot of bad hockey teams and organizations over the years and I'd really rather not go back to that.

Excellent, excellent stuff, dhf.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And if Dale Tallon had any idea of how to manage a salary cap he may still have a job. You keep beating the drum for Tallon but he earned his pink slip with his financial missteps.

Bowman delivered a Cup and has the team in position for several more. The only mistake he's made, IMO, was the re-signing of Bollig. That's it. Pretty damn good record.

have you read what most feel happened within the hawks brass about the deadlines of contracts? there are some pretty good insiders that see it a bit different. but lets go with your side of things....still does not change the fact that this core is all dale tallon, regardless of intentional or negligence on the contracts.

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
have you read what most feel happened within the hawks brass about the deadlines of contracts? there are some pretty good insiders that see it a bit different. but lets go with your side of things....still does not change the fact that this core is all dale tallon, regardless of intentional or negligence on the contracts.

I've read plenty of theories that Bowman was the desired GM of McD/Rocky and they were just waiting for Tallon to mess something up so they could fire him. The botched RFA contracts turned out to be that something.

Doesn't change the fact that this team was financially screwed by Tallon's moves. Bowman was able to win a Cup without sacrificing salary cap stability.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I still don't understand how people can be so opposed to Bowman getting any credit for winning in 2013.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

Even if you don't give him credit... I don't see any merit to firing him based on the results... is there any GM that would have brought us to 5 or 6 Conference Finals or 3 or more Cups in the past 6 years?

Like him or not, he's been doing what he needs to do.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like both of your posts. And I am not suggesting that they panic. I just have little confidence in Crawford anymore. And I also
think that our ability to physical has slipped since last year. Which may also be the reason why the Hawks haven't done well with
playing with a lead.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like both of your posts. And I am not suggesting that they panic. I just have little confidence in Crawford anymore. And I also
think that our ability to physical has slipped since last year. Which may also be the reason why the Hawks haven't done well with
playing with a lead.

No offense intended, but Crawford is being used as a scapegoat by an awful lot of uninformed hockey fans.... the Kings have not been putting many soft goals by him, but rather they are exploiting our lack of defense in our own zone and putting alot of traffic and screens in front of Crow.

I would like to see better from him, but I do not think he is the weak link on this team, if he was we would not have won the Stanley Cup last year.

I find the common overreaction from hockey fans is to blame the goalie similar to the common football fans overreaction is to blame the QB and they look no deeper in to the play of the team as a whole.

Our offense should be putting up more goals, our defense should be keeping the screens and traffic off of Crow, and our guys should not be taking dumb penalties against a great LA PP. There are a ton of pieces not performing as expected in front of Crow and no goalie can simply stand on their head for 60 mins a game and shutout their opponent with no help from the D and a lack of offense going the other way.

Liked Posts:
The second we lose the series to the Kings, Chicagoians will be like :
[video=youtube;BvxVla_vATc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvxVla_vATc[/video]

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I think the decision to bring back Khabby was pretty awful too but Raanta sort of bailed them out in some ways on that one

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I thought this would of been a year old created thread, huh guess not.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh look, Bollig providing nothing as usual & is a -2..enough with playing your pets Q.

God damn ass clown.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sorry, but I do not think that Crawford is dependable.He gives up some very doubtful goals. I think that he is weak to his blocker side and they know it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No offense intended, but Crawford is being used as a scapegoat by an awful lot of uninformed hockey fans.... the Kings have not been putting many soft goals by him, but rather they are exploiting our lack of defense in our own zone and putting alot of traffic and screens in front of Crow.

I would like to see better from him, but I do not think he is the weak link on this team, if he was we would not have won the Stanley Cup last year.

I find the common overreaction from hockey fans is to blame the goalie similar to the common football fans overreaction is to blame the QB and they look no deeper in to the play of the team as a whole.

Our offense should be putting up more goals, our defense should be keeping the screens and traffic off of Crow, and our guys should not be taking dumb penalties against a great LA PP. There are a ton of pieces not performing as expected in front of Crow and no goalie can simply stand on their head for 60 mins a game and shutout their opponent with no help from the D and a lack of offense going the other way.

No offense intended either but as one of those who has harpooned Crawford in these play-offs I still say that he isn't dependable to make even routine
saves from the point let alone if anyone is in front of him. He really doesn't cut down the angle and instead waits to react to the shot. Watching him
in this game, he looked surprised even at shots hitting him in the chest.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Damn........ Shaw needed to score there.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Come-on Bickell

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Saad is becoming a star right before our eyes

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is quite a period!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If only we would fire this damn staff!! what the fuck is an old guy like Handzus doing here with Tuevo sitting on a couch!! did you see the lack of speed?!! old guys don't do overtime!! damn!! phonies!!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ares.....

Congrats....what a great game you saw tonight!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.