• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hope you fuckers are taking the time to enjoy this.

Best goddam team in the city and 2nd place isn't on the same continent.

Showtime forever.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

the 2nd best team isnt even in the same solar system. its slowly becoming a hawks town again...and i love it

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed. But they really, really need to be more assertive on the PK....that backing in and letting the point men shoot unchallenged is a recipe for disaster.

thats what I have been trying to say since the opening month, but people said I was jumping to conclusions. then that shit somehow worked its voodoo and climbed back to respectable numbers and I had to shut up, but fuck....I just don't like the look of how we play it. The loss of Frolic running around everywhere and disrupting the upper half near the blue line is a big damn loss, but it seems like this slow skating creep kill strategy is what we wish to employ....I don't like it. thank you

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Agreed. But they really, really need to be more assertive on the PK....that backing in and letting the point men shoot unchallenged is a recipe for disaster.

It really doesn't lead to disaster at all.. It worked great all last year, and all this year sans the first two months of the season. It's only seemed to be an issue this Kings series.

But when you look at most of the goals given up, they're off situations where the unit isn't in it's set mode. A few off gave off losses, a game ago from the 4 on 4 to PP transition, and this game 6 goal allowed was suffered because Smith had his stick break... Ran off the ice and hossa followed the puck to the left point.. By the tone zeus got on ice neither he or Hoss coveted the right point and doughtys pass went there.

The vast majority of the time the passive diamond has worked great. People jumped all over it without Frolik early and still carry that mental concept as if it's legitimate.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yeah but some of us old guys (well me) - as an old time Chicago fan I have been programmed to expect failure.... it isn't really pretty nor a good feeling - I couldn't watch the game - but I did catch the last half minute ... that's right ... 30 seconds.

And I still nearly had heart failure.

I can't really look at the Hawks dispassionately for some reason - it is what I am ... even during the dark days when they were gunning for winning the lottery. Hockey itself -you can look at all sorts of different analytical angles when there is nothing at stake for you (I guess technically there is really nothing at stake for me) -apart from emotional attachment.

And there *is* (and has been) an emotional attachment - you know I never really got over getting swept by the Penguins in the early 90's -or dropping the opening round to the No Stars the season they went all out to win the President's Trophy.

I sure as hell would rather have game seven at home and after having won on the road though ...

This one team is changing that. I have seen enough of these guys that I expect greatness and clutch performances. I am surprised by the poor showings, not the great ones. These are not the Cubs. These guys are as clutch and resilient as any team I have ever rooted for. Love this team. LOVE 'em.

Liked Posts:
This one team is changing that. I have seen enough of these guys that I expect greatness and clutch performances. I am surprised by the poor showings, not the great ones. These are not the Cubs. These guys are as clutch and resilient as any team I have ever rooted for. Love this team. LOVE 'em.

This is the closest thing Chicago has had to the 90s Chicago Bulls unless you go back before the 1960s.

I also have to hand it to Quennevile. He tinkers until he has favorable match ups and when the series gets into deep water he always has an ace to play by putting Kane and Toews on the same line. But by tinkering he was able to zero in on the Saad-Shaw-Kane line just in time. Saad has looked like one of the best players on the ice the past two games.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man.... see what happens when you just play to win instead of playing to lose.... shit is unreal.... :troll:

One of the few correct statements you have made...We agree on this..Hawks are finally playing to win..The last 2 games were very good

Now ...Go back to the circle jerk and have fun....Puff out your chest and brag a little why doncha.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
One of the few correct statements you have made...We agree on this..Hawks are finally playing to win..The last 2 games were very good

Now ...Go back to the circle jerk and have fun....Puff out your chest and brag a little why doncha.

I thought you were supposed to leave this forum?

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought you were supposed to leave this forum?

I have 1 day left( unless the hawks shit the bed tomorrow)...lol..Im milking it for all its worth

Does that bother you?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

They absolutely have a guy who has an extra gear or switch and that guy gets really great in the play-offs. He literally takes over the game
when his switch is on. That player is Patrick Kane.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
Kane for miller? do you do it. dont be grumpy dews answer me,..

Status
Not open for further replies.