Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
A sentence I am not sure any of us thought would be seriously written ever.

I always liked his game, even though he was a -2 in the game last year vs. LA in the playoffs, I think he plays smart responsible hockey and can drop the gloves.

Something that Bollig has 0 interest in doing.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am so pumped for this game.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
1 Person voted Kings so far, I was gonna guess it was Capt. Serious but it wasn't :(

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This game is somewhat worrisome. There are so many things. Crawford must play well. The Carter line needs to be quiet again. The Saad line needs to keep it going. Kopitar and or Doughty can't go off.

Also, it would be swell if Hossa and Sharpe picked now to contribute something positive to the series.

Keep Versteeg on the bench.

Hossa has contributed positive things. He is unreal at not getting knocked off the puck. But for the love of all that is holy, somebody tell him to stop shooting low on Quick!!

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Think this is the game Sharp gets one if not two in the back of the net. Can't stay snake bitten to long. As a fan all I wanted was us to get this to a Game 7, going to be a great game. We have all the momentum right now, man so fucking pumped for tomorrow.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hossa has contributed positive things. He is unreal at not getting knocked off the puck. But for the love of all that is holy, somebody tell him to stop shooting low on Quick!!

He is just one of many which is perplexing for a team that is coached by a future hall of famer.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He is just one of many which is perplexing for a team that is coached by a future hall of famer.

You seem vastly conflicted by your onions concept. Yes quick gets low, but also when you come out far aggressive, he takes away height and is greatly susceptible to rebounds for it, that's why shooting low on him is wise!

Oduyas goal, caused by a bad rebound from Kane shooting lower. You have multiple approaches to beating a goalie.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
As long as they play to win and not play to not lose like they've been playing the entire playoffs I think they have a good chance. I don't know much about hockey except for what I watch and it seems all of these other teams consistently play to WIN. Hawks look lazy sometimes or maybe they are just chilling because they are confident?

It's gonna come down to which goalie plays to win too. Crawford sometimes looks like he's playing to try not to get pissed off whereas Quick looks llike he's playing to not let pucks get into his net. Crawford has to play like that if the Blackhawks are gonna win.

Please don't get mad at me for my opinion as I'm really new to what hockey is all about and want to learn more. :)

Youre not a real fan...You should listen to all the "expert" posters here..You sound like a bandwagon fan... Youre in over your head here

:X

Damn fuckin newbies

Last edited:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
this the game we all wanted. at the uc, all momentum with us. hawks need to come hard and smart. i hope brookbank is dressed again.

I'd certainly take Brookbank in over Versteeg, but I think I'd rather have Morin or Regin in the lineup ... you know, actual forwards in to replace a scratched forward. I don't think 7 D is the way to go in the postseason because I feel that it puts too much stress on your top forwards.

That said, Brookbank continues to play far better in the postseason than he did in the regular season.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd certainly take Brookbank in over Versteeg, but I think I'd rather have Morin or Regin in the lineup ... you know, actual forwards in to replace a scratched forward. I don't think 7 D is the way to go in the postseason because I feel that it puts too much stress on your top forwards.

That said, Brookbank continues to play far better in the postseason than he did in the regular season.

id prefer morin too.

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You seem vastly conflicted by your onions concept. Yes quick gets low, but also when you come out far aggressive, he takes away height and is greatly susceptible to rebounds for it, that's why shooting low on him is wise!

Oduyas goal, caused by a bad rebound from Kane shooting lower. You have multiple approaches to beating a goalie.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Have you ever played? Judging by that statement, I'd guess no. No scorer is ever and I mean ever trying to "set up" a rebound...you're trying to score. You're looking for an opening and Quick gets down so low...probably lower than any goalie in the league, so there will always be an open space up top. The replays of missed Hawk chances bear this out....lack of top shelf elevation has cost the Hawks a good 5 or 6 goals. I will give you that when he challenges the shooter by coming out, it takes a lot of that away but he's not done a lot of that in this series....he's staying home for the most part.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think I know what Q's reasoning was. I don't know if you noticed, but Brookbank also took a couple of shifts on the backline. I'm thinking Q wanted to have a guy to be kind of a swing man....like if Leddy blew another mental fart or if he finally tired of watching Bollig's sorry ass, Brookbank could fill either spot for him.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think I know what Q's reasoning was. I don't know if you noticed, but Brookbank also took a couple of shifts on the backline. I'm thinking Q wanted to have a guy to be kind of a swing man....like if Leddy blew another mental fart or if he finally tired of watching Bollig's sorry ass, Brookbank could fill either spot for him.

that is exactly what jay zawaski said last night

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I noticed that during the 2nd period that Brookbank was in there for Roz for a few shifts. Not sure if was due to the break away the Kings had when Saad was chasing the play down. I know O and Roz were the D on that play.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have you ever played? Judging by that statement, I'd guess no. No scorer is ever and I mean ever trying to "set up" a rebound...you're trying to score. You're looking for an opening and Quick gets down so low...probably lower than any goalie in the league, so there will always be an open space up top. The replays of missed Hawk chances bear this out....lack of top shelf elevation has cost the Hawks a good 5 or 6 goals. I will give you that when he challenges the shooter by coming out, it takes a lot of that away but he's not done a lot of that in this series....he's staying home for the most part.

it depends on designed plays and how Q wants to attack. I agree common logic would have the hawks shooting high, and for the most part there have been attempts from the perimeter. I get mad when they shoot low when they are closer to quick.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Emailed Q some cheats he could use before the game. Giant player head mode, turbo skates, super slapshot and Crow is going to be defending a goal that's the size of a tampon box. Kopitar will face an onslaught of Elton John look-a-likes trying to make out with him for 60 minutes. Jim Cornelison makes me cry like when I attended the Stadium Series game this year. Hossa finally finds the back of the net for some sexy boo-boo time in the first period.

Hawks 17
Kangz 0

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
I feel pretty good about this game. If the kings had the skill to forcefully end the series last night they would have. Our team has the skill players to get it done. Keep their Kopitar and 70s line in check and we are in great shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.