The Mythology of the Kings

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
So Scott Burnside, ESPN, writes a column stating that the Hawks are "chipping" away at the Kings' mythology. Uh what? What mythology do the Kings have? The Hawks are the ones with the mythology and a better article would have been Kings chipping away at Hawks mythology (if written after Game 4). I don't get the purpose of the article at all. Kings have no mythology. They have 1 Stanley Cup in the past decade while the Hawks have 2, are reigning Stanley Cup Champs, and crushed the Kings last year in the WCF.

Liked Posts:
So Scott Burnside, ESPN, writes a column stating that the Hawks are "chipping" away at the Kings' mythology. Uh what? What mythology do the Kings have? The Hawks are the ones with the mythology and a better article would have been Kings chipping away at Hawks mythology (if written after Game 4). I don't get the purpose of the article at all. Kings have no mythology. They have 1 Stanley Cup in the past decade while the Hawks have 2, are reigning Stanley Cup Champs, and crushed the Kings last year in the WCF.

In LA you have mythology for being good for 5 minutes.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am of the opinion that there is no "myth" about either of these teams. They are both great, I hope the Blues/Kings have to face off next year because they will find somebody to hate more than us.

Both of these teams are looking dynastic right now, but they stand in each others way. If we win tomorrow its a one sided argument for now....if they win they can tie things up and its a great conversation about who is better.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

It's ESPN. I'm not sure that they were even aware that are teams playing that are not on the east coast. They got the NBA so far up their ass that hockey is an after thought.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Hey man, if your team ever wore purple sweaters - technically there has to be some mythology there ... like the type where you wonder what someone was smoking when they decided to combine a goat with a human torso... snakes for hair, or guys with bulls' heads....

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
maybe you should see an oracle