Any golfers on here??

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Just saw this, so I thought I'd come in and say hey. My dad taught golf when I was a lil' Samurai (not his primary job, just a way to make extra money & impress business clients), so I had a good swing by age 7. Played first full round at 11...41 years ago. :pity:

Last June/July, I started playing again after 6 years off. Played a full round a week, plus 9 holes late afternoons 2x/week, so I could walk & carry. (I hate carts). My goal is to qualify for some state amateur events by 2016.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good luck man! I'm not that good, I just want to break 80 consistently, I'd be happy with that.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Good luck man! I'm not that good, I just want to break 80 consistently, I'd be happy with that.

Thanks. The average golfer shoots 95-105 (depending on whose survey you believe), so you are way ahead of the curve. You may want to find a weekly 9 hole league to play in. A little fun competition is a great way to focus on improving, plus there's usually a hot chick driving by in a beer cart when it's not going well. Win/Win.

Finally, the quickest way to improve is to spend the majority of your practice time on the putting green and chipping/pitching. Think of it this way, I use a driver an average of 10-12 times a round. For a really good round, I'll have around 28 putts +/- 2. It's simple math, and yet I always see average golfers spending the majority of their driving range time with a driver in their hand. Then, if at all, they'll putt for a few minutes only before they play. It makes no sense...and they will not improve.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks. The average golfer shoots 95-105 (depending on whose survey you believe), so you are way ahead of the curve. You may want to find a weekly 9 hole league to play in. A little fun competition is a great way to focus on improving, plus there's usually a hot chick driving by in a beer cart when it's not going well. Win/Win.

Finally, the quickest way to improve is to spend the majority of your practice time on the putting green and chipping/pitching. Think of it this way, I use a driver an average of 10-12 times a round. For a really good round, I'll have around 28 putts +/- 2. It's simple math, and yet I always see average golfers spending the majority of their driving range time with a driver in their hand. Then, if at all, they'll putt for a few minutes only before they play. It makes no sense...and they will not improve.

My chipping and putting is usually what keeps my score under control and something I practice a fair bit. I bought a multi course pass this year and i am planning in playing 36 or so a week plus a range session. I take this golfing addiction seriously :)

I just bought some Ping G30 irons, so I can't wait to get out there and start playing with my new gear. I was hitting them way to good at the golf store(where I bought them), so I can't wait to see if they will be actually that good in the elements. It should be 3-4 weeks from now ... Damn winter!

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
My chipping and putting is usually what keeps my score under control and something I practice a fair bit. I bought a multi course pass this year and i am planning in playing 36 or so a week plus a range session. I take this golfing addiction seriously :)

I just bought some Ping G30 irons, so I can't wait to get out there and start playing with my new gear. I was hitting them way to good at the golf store(where I bought them), so I can't wait to see if they will be actually that good in the elements. It should be 3-4 weeks from now ... Damn winter!
I wish I could make that much time for golfing love the game couldn't call how I play it anything more than smacking the ball around at this point I only manage to get to the range 3 times a year at best and play 2-3 rounds a years but I do enjoy it

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish I could make that much time for golfing love the game couldn't call how I play it anything more than smacking the ball around at this point I only manage to get to the range 3 times a year at best and play 2-3 rounds a years but I do enjoy it

Nothing wrong with that at all, I guess I'm lucky that I have time on my hands to play this game a fair bit.

JefferyNotJefferies

Liked Posts:
New to this forum. Thought I'd jump in here.

10 handicap right now. What about y'all?

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've played 7 rounds so far this year. I'm playing a new driver and 3 wood, they are Ping i25's. So far so good! :)

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love golf, wish I could get out more.

I shoot in the 95-110 range. Not great but good enough to enjoy it.

Been using Giga Golf Clone Irons, I must say they are great. For someone like me who clubs do not affect my game much, they are perfect. Only cost about 150 with Wynn dritech grips. They also custom make the clubs to your measurements.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have mid sized Golf Pride grips on all of my clubs other than my wedges. They are regular sized Golf Pride and I put a Super Stroker 5.0 "Fatso"(I freaking love it!)

Who has a tee time this weekend??? I'm playing Saturday and Sunday with a great weather forecast!!

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have mid sized Golf Pride grips on all of my clubs other than my wedges. They are regular sized Golf Pride and I put a Super Stroker 5.0 "Fatso"(I freaking love it!)

Who has a tee time this weekend??? I'm playing Saturday and Sunday with a great weather forecast!!

No tee time yet, but will likely play old oak or cog course 3 hopefully.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just got got a new(used) putter, it's the Craz-e Ping G5i putter. I'll be swapping the stock grip with a 2.0 or possibly a 3.0 super stroke.

Weather is crap this weekend, so no golfing, but next weekend is a long weekend here north of the border and my wife will be gone all weekend! The weather forecast seems to be good, so can you say "72 holes of golf in 3 days!!!"

Bring it on!!

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
How much did you pay for the putter. I am in the market for a new one.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How much did you pay for the putter. I am in the market for a new one.

I payed 40$ delivered for a 2 year old putter, new ones can be pretty pricey!! However, it's the only club you will just about every hole, so invest and enjoy!

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I payed 40$ delivered for a 2 year old putter, new ones can be pretty pricey!! However, it's the only club you will just about every hole, so invest and enjoy!
Usually I will spend about 100-120. I like Odyssey mallet style putters. Although I really like the Sabre tooth putter just not willing to drop 220 on one of those.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Usually I will spend about 100-120. I like Odyssey mallet style putters. Although I really like the Sabre tooth putter just not willing to drop 220 on one of those.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I just shot an 84, it's a disappointing 84 though as I was +2 after 9 and then shit myself with a +11 on the back. What could have been .... grrrr!!