Any golfers on here??

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't play at all last summer due to a wrist injury, but damn I'm good to go now and played my fist 2 rounds this week :) I'm super pumped!

My driver was working "ok", my iron play was shit(especially the first round), but my putter has been saving the day so far! I can almost guarantee a complete reversal in the next few weeks, iron play will get much better and my putter will disappear :( Oh well, I just love this game!

My first round was part of a company tournament, 4 player "scramble" style and I shot a 90 on my 2nd round(yesterday). I'm totally hooked again for the summer, my mistress as my wife calls it is BACK!!!

Anyone else?!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I used to play PGA Tour for Sega all the time and was awesome. Does that count?

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I used to play PGA Tour for Sega all the time and was awesome. Does that count?

Oh I still play Tiger Woods golf on my playstation 3 once in a while ;) I wish I could steer that ball in the air like I can with my controller, lol

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Quite a few guys who I work with do. We even have a few PGA guys who pop in the office from time to time to meet up w/ the other guys to go play. They ask if I want to go, but can't because I am 100% sure I'd embarrass myself bad. Need to learn.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Golfing tomorrow with the people from work :pray:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've gotten a round or two in so far...my driver has been exceptional, but my putter is mad at me for some reason.

Sent from my phone...in my pocket...with my mind.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've gotten a round or two in so far...my driver has been exceptional, but my putter is mad at me for some reason.

Sent from my phone...in my pocket...with my mind.

I was hitting my driver ok, but open faced a couple towards the end of the round, my biggest issue as hitting my irons fat/chunky ... No worries though, I'll be back to normal soon :)

What were your scores? Any birdies?

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quite a few guys who I work with do. We even have a few PGA guys who pop in the office from time to time to meet up w/ the other guys to go play. They ask if I want to go, but can't because I am 100% sure I'd embarrass myself bad. Need to learn.

Lessons, that would be my tip. Learn the correct way right of the start, I wish could have done that.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I was a golf addict for 20 years. Started as a 30 handicap player, finished as a 4 handicap player, 7 years on the board of directors and 7 years as the golf chairman of a private country club. Lived on a private course with my own golf cart. Hosted numerous 100 person events and even paid Curtis Strange $35,000 for him to attend 5 hours of an event I was hosting. Played rounds on golf at the most expensive courses in the country (Pebble Beach $600 round) and the most exclusive private club in the world (Cypress Point Club). Eventually hereditary arthritis in both of my hips ended my golf career. Played as many as 110 rounds of golf a year to not having touched a golf club in four years

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
finished as a 4 handicap player,

If not Internet BS, nice. These guys are mostly 5's...no way I'm playing with them. But I might be able to swing some quality lessons from one of them.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
If not Internet BS, nice. These guys are mostly 5's...no way I'm playing with them. But I might be able to swing some quality lessons from one of them.
True. At the end I won a local seniors (over 50) Tournament in my first try

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was a golf addict for 20 years. Started as a 30 handicap player, finished as a 4 handicap player, 7 years on the board of directors and 7 years as the golf chairman of a private country club. Lived on a private course with my own golf cart. Hosted numerous 100 person events and even paid Curtis Strange $35,000 for him to attend 5 hours of an event I was hosting. Played rounds on golf at the most expensive courses in the country (Pebble Beach $600 round) and the most exclusive private club in the world (Cypress Point Club). Eventually hereditary arthritis in both of my hips ended my golf career. Played as many as 110 rounds of golf a year to not having touched a golf club in four years

Oh yeah... well I used to play Lake Opeka back in the day. 9 iron and a putter. Who hoo...

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like to play...but sadly I only have time to play about 3 rounds a year

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just bought a new chipper...should be in tues or so..

$%28KGrHqJ,%21lQFGiIzl%21wnBRv2H+w6m%21%7E%7E60_35.JPG

Loft of an 8-iron w/ a bulk back that allows for easy short chipping. Pretty stoked about it.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
what's the best way to learn how to golf if you haven't ever done it? i think it's something I'm going to have to learn for my professional well-being...

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
what's the best way to learn how to golf if you haven't ever done it? i think it's something I'm going to have to learn for my professional well-being...

Go to your local course and get some lessons from the local pro. I'm warning you though, this game is addictive as fuck! Especially when you start noticing improvements in your swing/game.

Remember, your worst round of golf still beats your best day at work :)

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just bought a new chipper...should be in tues or so..

$%28KGrHqJ,%21lQFGiIzl%21wnBRv2H+w6m%21%7E%7E60_35.JPG

Loft of an 8-iron w/ a bulk back that allows for easy short chipping. Pretty stoked about it.

Wait a sec, they make those for men too?! Just kidding :lol:

Do you you use hybrids clubs? I had some for a couple seasons but went back to irons 3-4 years ago.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have a real drive and I'm pretty decent with the putter. The stuff in between ..... well, it needs work, to put it charitably.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
You want to find an instructor that teaches a very simple, functional swing. This will allow you to grasp the back and through motion of the golf swing. This approach will bring some early successes

The other side of the spectrum is a very technical swing that depends upon being in very specific positions. This approach is fine if you have years, millions of dollars and lots of practice time

I have taken endless lessons with every approach. By the end of my golf career I had it figured out and was playing my best golf, but only after I radically simplified my approach

Mitchapalooza

I went to the driving range 2 weeks ago and probably whiffed 50 times. I can't even hit the ball. and when I do, I just shank it like 100-150 yards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BNB