Thank You Blackhawks

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I read the stuff about 'failure; and Rosenbloom in the Trib talking about choking yadda yadda yadda -here's the deal - Darryl Sutter is a damned good head coach ... he was when he replaced Keenan in the 90's and he still is. Here's a guy who was as banged up as anything in his playing career with the Hawks, but yet was still the guy chosen to be captain on a team with some fairly decent talent - I would have loved to have watched the team win - but, well hey if you are going to lose -and if a guy like that beats you... sometimes that's the way it goes.

Never bet against a Sutter.

Ok- aside from that ... Rosembloom or whatever - 'choked'?! Ok- really the only guys that have consistently 'choked' with regards to Chicago hockey are the band wagon media types that hopped on a team that was winning and never bothered to actually learn about the game that they were paid (emphasis here PAID) to write about ... how in the world you can give a team plaudits 2 days before after fighting back from basically being flat lined - to 'choking' on what replay shows is just one of those hard luck shitty bounces - is pretty amazing ... like Savardian Spinorama amazing ... but I digress - as the silver lining in all of this is that with any luck at all some of these band wagon ninnies go and eff off to whatever idiotic planet they live on.

Me? Hell, I'm going to get my ass back out on the ice and wear my Hawks jersey (over some pads). It has always been the best team sport in the world.

The league -well, you know with a cap paradigm the entire point was to have a competitive tournament when anyone had a chance at it - and they definitely got that.

The Hawks -well they have been the only team that I actually always go for... and I am the only guy in town that regularly wears their gear (although strangely enough last year during the finals some English guy asked me what the score was ... this on the entire other side of the planet from it all..

No idea why I am still writing this ...I guess I had some time on my hands (and I don't golf :p ). :D

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly I can't help but tell anyone who calls this season a failure or says they choked....to piss off and choke on a bag of dicks. It was as honorably fought and only fitting it had to be some bullshit bounce in overtime to take them out.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Maybe if were a loser franchise like Columbus then you can feel good about this season. But given the expectations, and knowing the talent of this team, this season was a failure.

Sure, down 3-1 & almost coming back is nice...but, we failed.
You picked the Kings, :gtfo:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I read the stuff about 'failure; and Rosenbloom in the Trib talking about choking yadda yadda yadda -here's the deal - Darryl Sutter is a damned good head coach ... he was when he replaced Keenan in the 90's and he still is. Here's a guy who was as banged up as anything in his playing career with the Hawks, but yet was still the guy chosen to be captain on a team with some fairly decent talent - I would have loved to have watched the team win - but, well hey if you are going to lose -and if a guy like that beats you... sometimes that's the way it goes.

Never bet against a Sutter.

Ok- aside from that ... Rosembloom or whatever - 'choked'?! Ok- really the only guys that have consistently 'choked' with regards to Chicago hockey are the band wagon media types that hopped on a team that was winning and never bothered to actually learn about the game that they were paid (emphasis here PAID) to write about ... how in the world you can give a team plaudits 2 days before after fighting back from basically being flat lined - to 'choking' on what replay shows is just one of those hard luck shitty bounces - is pretty amazing ... like Savardian Spinorama amazing ... but I digress - as the silver lining in all of this is that with any luck at all some of these band wagon ninnies go and eff off to whatever idiotic planet they live on.

Me? Hell, I'm going to get my ass back out on the ice and wear my Hawks jersey (over some pads). It has always been the best team sport in the world.

The league -well, you know with a cap paradigm the entire point was to have a competitive tournament when anyone had a chance at it - and they definitely got that.

The Hawks -well they have been the only team that I actually always go for... and I am the only guy in town that regularly wears their gear (although strangely enough last year during the finals some English guy asked me what the score was ... this on the entire other side of the planet from it all..

No idea why I am still writing this ...I guess I had some time on my hands (and I don't golf :p ). :D

His act is an old one. Following in the footsteps of some literary "giants" such as Jay Mariotti, Skip Bayless and Terry Boers. For the most part, they all lack suitable knowledge of the team or sport they rake across the coals but that would never stop them from doing so. Rosenbloom is pretty much a caricature of himself these days.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Hawks better of taken Leddy in to the locker room and worked him over with any heavy objects within reach.... Nick "Herp-A-Derp" Leddy lost his stick, was late getting to his defensive position, screened his goalie, and then failed to block the puck.

Like a perfect storm of full-Special person to end our season..... for the record I don't hate Leddy as a player, but I do hate him for the remainder of the offseason.

Godamned Herp-A-Derp

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I wonder who said Leddy sucks :thinking:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Hawks better of taken Leddy in to the locker room and worked him over with any heavy objects within reach.... Nick "Herp-A-Derp" Leddy lost his stick, was late getting to his defensive position, screened his goalie, and then failed to block the puck.

Like a perfect storm of full-Special person to end our season..... for the record I don't hate Leddy as a player, but I do hate him for the remainder of the offseason.

Godamned Herp-A-Derp

That has gone pretty much unmentioned here....I thought maybe I was the only one who saw it. Thanks for confirming that dementia hasn't set in completely yet. Yes, Leddy once again got himself into a bad situation but a lot of this goes back to Q's bizarre decision to bench Brookbank who he deftly used as a swingman in game 6, to play the useless Bollig. Bollig played 2:28.....two and a half fucking minutes. Wouldn't it have been nice to get a safer, more defensive option out there in Brookbank instead of the unsteady at best, Leddy when one bad defensive play could end your season?

Barry Rosner, who to my knowledge has always been a huge backer for Q....said in his column today that the Hawks were out coached. He is right.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Yep guyzzzz, every year you don't win the cup, you have to blow it up and fire everybody because of passionz and stufzzz!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Rock on and commit to the Indian

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wonder who said Leddy sucks :thinking:

You.... and you are still wrong about that IMO.... Leddy isn't a bad player but he did fuck up in a crucial moment so I will join da hater train on him for the offseason.

Leddy will get better, but I do think now is the time to finally replace Rozival and Handzus..... old geezers were very noticeably slow at times against LA.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That has gone pretty much unmentioned here....I thought maybe I was the only one who saw it. Thanks for confirming that dementia hasn't set in completely yet. Yes, Leddy once again got himself into a bad situation but a lot of this goes back to Q's bizarre decision to bench Brookbank who he deftly used as a swingman in game 6, to play the useless Bollig. Bollig played 2:28.....two and a half fucking minutes. Wouldn't it have been nice to get a safer, more defensive option out there in Brookbank instead of the unsteady at best, Leddy when one bad defensive play could end your season?

Barry Rosner, who to my knowledge has always been a huge backer for Q....said in his column today that the Hawks were out coached. He is right.

Yeah I have not heard much uproar, but I am sure most of our bandwagon fanbase will not understand what Leddy did wrong or why he should have stopped that shot...... they will just bitch about Crow assuming it is his fault cause they do not know any better.

I give Leddy full blame on that play and he should lay it on his own shoulders and let it motivate him for next year.

The Bollig thing I still cannot understand, I joked about Brookbank during the season but came to admit he was much better than just a punching bag for the opposing team's goon to wail on once a game. With game 6 working out well for us I do not understand how you decide to bring Bollig back in and sit Brookbank down.... I don't see why you play Bollig over anyone else on the roster by game 5 TBH.

Bollig provided nothing useful to us during the playoffs..... I do think he is a useful depth player for the regular season to keep the goons in check a bit, but come playoff time he is not worth keeping on the ice.

If anyone can explain what Q was thinking I would be all ears cause it seems like a no-brainer to keep him off the ice against the Kings.... but then again I said it was a no-brainer for the Bears to draft O-line for like 6 years and Jerry Angelo pissed in my face, so wtf do I know.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rosenbloom reminds me a lot of Jay MORONatti. I'd love for that bozo to go into the Hawks locker-room after that loss and call them a bunch
of chokers:)

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
I think we can all agree, coming back 3-1 against a championship caliber team in LA was a long shot. They actually got much closer than I expected. I figured they would have lost in game 6 honestly