Crawford Should Be Replaced?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People that started caring about the Blackhawks in 2010 are the ones that want Crawford replaced.

Crawford would have been an all star last year if it wasn't for the short season. He played well this year before his injury. Kane said Crawford was the MVP of the last championship.

It's a team game.

It is indeed.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No Crawford is fine. He has streaks where he plays poorly. But he's won a cup and with a win last night we may as well say he got us another. He isn't the player to be tampered with. Start looking at releasing zus steeg Bollig and rosi

Zus' contract is up and I'm guessing he'll retire, not sure of Versteeg's situation other than Florida paid most of his salary this year....Rosi still has a year left but may retire....but the real bad news is that the Hawks signed the stiff named Bollig to a new multi-year deal. So that asshole is going nowhere.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
but the real bad news is that the Hawks signed the stiff named Bollig to a new multi-year deal. So that asshole is going nowhere.
There HAS to be a trade market.

Toronto?
Edmonton?
Calgary? SOMEONE has to take him.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Toronto?
Edmonton?

Bollig aint going anywhere IMO.... Q likes him, for some reason I cannot figure out..... if Q would play his garbage ass instead of benching him in the playoffs..... in game 7 of the WCF..... fuck I saw Q choose to put him out there against Kopitar once last night..... if Q will do that, I seriously doubt they cut or trade him.

Question is, wtf does Q see in Bollig? I mean even if he played up to his ceiling..... what is that? LW on the 3rd line..... checking line?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Toronto?
Edmonton?

I was thinking maybe Tallon in Florida might like him but I think he came along after Dale left so Dale didn't draft him and that's the ONLY reason he might be interested.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Actually I think Crawford's biggest problem was not having a back up goaltender ... Khabibulin wasn't one ... and Raanta -they lost confidence in- at least with a guy like they had in Emery in 2013 -there was a second option in the playoffs if things had turned out that way ... although I know that Quennville habitually only goes with one guy once the playoffs start over the years (and you can't argue much with the results).

Maybe getting a solid backup guy could help share the load more during the regular season.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bollig aint going anywhere IMO.... Q likes him, for some reason I cannot figure out..... if Q would play his garbage ass instead of benching him in the playoffs..... in game 7 of the WCF..... fuck I saw Q choose to put him out there against Kopitar once last night..... if Q will do that, I seriously doubt they cut or trade him.

Question is, wtf does Q see in Bollig? I mean even if he played up to his ceiling..... what is that? LW on the 3rd line..... checking line?

I think that we had iced the puck, and that is why he was up against the Kopitar line. At least that's what I think happened. We both had a wtf moment when we saw that bromigo.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was just about to post something about this, good call....there's an old saying "there's a sucker born every minute". Yep, and this one resides in Calgary.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol good call fisch.... maybe Bowman knew he had to get Bollig away from Q for the good of the team

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I was just about to post something about this, good call....there's an old saying "there's a sucker born every minute". Yep, and this one resides in Calgary.

And his name is Brian Burke or as Les Shithispants Grobstein calls him Butthead Burke.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fun with Numbers Part 1 Goaltending

Corey Crawford's season numbers from last year 32-16-10 2.26 .917

Hall of Famer in waiting Martin Brodeur's lifetime numbers 688-394-49 2.24 .912

Dominick Hasek's lifetime 389-223-95 2.20 .922

One could say Crawford had a Hall Of Fame type of season.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish