Crawford Should Be Replaced?

juanmacker1

Liked Posts:
Can anyone tell me if it's the norm for a goalie to stand at the top of the crease all the time? Many opponents go behind him and score at will.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
not sure he will be replaced. I do however feel he is an avg goalie on an amazing team in front of him. his stats are a little skewwed. would i trade him? all day.

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
not sure he will be replaced. I do however feel he is an avg goalie on an amazing team in front of him. his stats are a little skewwed. would i trade him? all day.

The say the "grass is always greener"......who would you want to replace him. The goofs on TV think Quick is the best thing since sliced bread...I think he is HIGHLY overrated and he once again did not impress me. Everybody wanted Miller....some wanted to trade Kane for him. You want him now? I sure don't. I think a lot of people over state the quality of the Hawk defense. The Kings got a lot of real good looks, some missed the net while others were inches off a shooters blade. It's my opinion that the Hawk defense cost the Blackhawks this series and if it wasn't for Crawford....they might not of even made it to this series. That being said...is he a top goalie in this league? I'd have to say no but I think he could be with a little more help.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The say the "grass is always greener"......who would you want to replace him. The goofs on TV think Quick is the best thing since sliced bread...I think he is HIGHLY overrated and he once again did not impress me. Everybody wanted Miller....some wanted to trade Kane for him. You want him now? I sure don't. I think a lot of people over state the quality of the Hawk defense. The Kings got a lot of real good looks, some missed the net while others were inches off a shooters blade. It's my opinion that the Hawk defense cost the Blackhawks this series and if it wasn't for Crawford....they might not of even made it to this series. That being said...is he a top goalie in this league? I'd have to say no but I think he could be with a little more help.

yes, the defense was shitty this series. but shitty for the hawks standards. put him on a run of the mill team and he will get exposed. as far as quick...yup overrated. bryz scared me more vs the wild.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Whatever (wrg to Quick and what the TV folks like saying) - the Rangers' goalie 'isn't half bad' either - I doubt it will be as lopsided of a series as some people think.

LA is getting the bounces though ... so it is hard to pick against a team that makes its own 'luck'.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yes, the defense was shitty this series. but shitty for the hawks standards. put him on a run of the mill team and he will get exposed. as far as quick...yup overrated. bryz scared me more vs the wild.

I can't argue with any of the above. :cool:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No.... FFS of all the pieces the Hawks could look to mess with..... goalie is not something we need to change.

Crow kept us in it more than he gave us up..... the D in front of him failed far more times than he did..... and in the end he did not give up a bad goal.... his D in front of him failed him by screening him and then failing to make the block and then LA got a great deflection off a puck which was headed over the net.

Crawford is not the best goalie in the NHL, but the guy already won us a Stanley Cup and we went to the WCF with him the year after.

Imagine winning the Super Bowl, then barely losing the NFCCG on an OT field goal and then people ask if you ought to replace the QB..... no certainly not.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No.... FFS of all the pieces the Hawks could look to mess with..... goalie is not something we need to change.

Crow kept us in it more than he gave us up..... the D in front of him failed far more times than he did..... and in the end he did not give up a bad goal.... his D in front of him failed him by screening him and then failing to make the block and then LA got a great deflection off a puck which was headed over the net.

Crawford is not the best goalie in the NHL, but the guy already won us a Stanley Cup and we went to the WCF with him the year after.

Imagine winning the Super Bowl, then barely losing the NFCCG on an OT field goal and then people ask if you ought to replace the QB..... no certainly not.

Unless his name is Cutler :troll:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, you beat me to that one.

Svic

Liked Posts:
Who ever said Bryzgalov was better is an idiot. That flapping around that he was doing was pathetic. Name ONE game where hawks played a whole 60 minute game. You can't block shots you can't see. Even the all mighty Quick looked pathetic when he was screened. Hawks choked just think about that.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that Crawford needs to go. Bring in a center-ice guy and a scrapper like Shaw only a bit bigger.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who ever said Bryzgalov was better is an idiot. That flapping around that he was doing was pathetic. Name ONE game where hawks played a whole 60 minute game. You can't block shots you can't see. Even the all mighty Quick looked pathetic when he was screened. Hawks choked just think about that.

Before trying to "shock" us with yet another sports cliche....you might want to actually know the meaning of the word.

"In sports, a "choke" is the failure of an athlete or an athletic team to win a game or tournament when the player or team had been strongly favored to win or had squandered a large lead in the late stages of the event."

Sorry, I did not see any evidence of that in this series. I think the only series the Hawks were favored in was Minnesota. They were only the 3rd seed in their own division.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree the D let us down and up until this series Crow was a beast. As for the series against the Kings, he blew chunks, and I'm sugar coating it.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I think that Crawford needs to go. Bring in a center-ice guy and a scrapper like Shaw only a bit bigger.

Meatball Nation: Crawford's got to go!

Reasonable Nation: Okay, which guaranteed upgrade are you going to replace him with? And how do you move a player with a 6/36mil coming to him starting next year?

Meatball Nation: *Crickets*

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Before trying to "shock" us with yet another sports cliche....you might want to actually know the meaning of the word.

"In sports, a "choke" is the failure of an athlete or an athletic team to win a game or tournament when the player or team had been strongly favored to win or had squandered a large lead in the late stages of the event."

Sorry, I did not see any evidence of that in this series. I think the only series the Hawks were favored in was Minnesota. They were only the 3rd seed in their own division.

Hawks were favored over the Wild and the Kings, the Blues were a toss up.

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
No Crawford is fine. He has streaks where he plays poorly. But he's won a cup and with a win last night we may as well say he got us another. He isn't the player to be tampered with. Start looking at releasing zus steeg Bollig and rosi

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Meatball Nation: Crawford's got to go!

Reasonable Nation: Okay, which guaranteed upgrade are you going to replace him with? And how do you move a player with a 6/36mil coming to him starting next year?

Meatball Nation: *Crickets*

I'm going to bookmark this post for repeated use in the offseason.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Can anyone tell me if it's the norm for a goalie to stand at the top of the crease all the time? Many opponents go behind him and score at will.

Quick is a wildly aggressive goalie, too.

Crawford seems to play better when he doesn't come out that far to challenge, IMO. When he gets out too far he tends to lose his net.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
People that started caring about the Blackhawks in 2010 are the ones that want Crawford replaced.

Crawford would have been an all star last year if it wasn't for the short season. He played well this year before his injury. Kane said Crawford was the MVP of the last championship.

It's a team game.