The Elder Scrolls Online

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have been playing this for about a month and still love it.

There are a lot of negative reviews out there, but they are mostly bullshit. Here is why...

There were primarily 2 camps there were interested in ESO - Skyrim junkies and MMO fans. Both camps had their own hopes/expectations for the game. It turns out that ESO isn't really either and both camps were pissed and many saw ESO as a failure.

But if you try ESO with the perspective of something completely new, than I think you have a very different experience. To a large degree, it is a single player RPG that is played online. It very, very pretty with interesting and engaging stories/quests imo.

The combat is "action" based rather than tab targeting. I think it is a fresh change and exciting.

Anyway, I think the game is pretty awesome and worth playing though once. Close to all the bugs have been fixed and its now a very smooth, fun game imo.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I was super excited when I heard about this game but I heard it was one of those pay to play games?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have been out of the MMORPG addiction since WoW in high school..... I feel like if I get in to another one I will be found dead in my house in a year with a Dr. Pepper can in hand, covered in Cheeto dust.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
is this an add on or is this PC based?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Addon? What? Its a new game only on PC tho its coming out on console sooner or later.

BTW, this one is different from other mmo's. Its not very grindy at all. And its not any more compulsive than Skyrim or Oblivion. Really, in many ways, its not an MMO at all. More like a standard RPG that is populated with other user characters.