Excellent Autopsy From The Committed Indian

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
http://thecommittedindian.com/lock-leave/

Summary:

1) The sky is not falling. Yes, this loss hurt and the Hawks were frustrating all postseason long, but the future still looks bright. However, there are a number of issues that need to be addressed in order to go from a team capable of "surviving" playoff opponents to dominating them. Several core players are getting up in age and the Hawks need to solidfy younger "Plan B's" in the event of a dropoff.

2) Are Bowman and Quenneville on the same page? Bowman seems to recognize the necessity of working young talent into the lineup, yet many of the Hawks young players can't get off Q's bench ahead of scrub veterans whose names we all curse and who provide literally no value to the team. Whatever disagreements that are going on behind the scenes need to be solved ASAP.

3) Blackhawks were killed by their lack of depth. Although the Hawks boast more top-end talent, the Kings eventually wore them down over the course of games by rolling all four lines while Q was basically forced to roll 3 and play Russian Roullete with the 4th in order to rest the others. And in the end, they eventually rolled the bullet in the form of a bad bounce. But, the Hawks had plenty of chances to end the series before putting themselves in position where one bad puck could lose it. Lack of depth was a killer factor in their inability to hold leads and sustain momentum.

4) Offseason moves: Teravainen and Johns will play immediately next year, and improve the Hawks depth from opening day. Oduya is likely the biggest name who could move this offseason, although some writers are throwing around a core player "black swan" like Sharp or Seabrook (two mediocre seasons followed by two bad postseasons) as possibilities.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hard to argue with that. I do find Q's roster choices seem to be strange at best. While I don't agree completely that he refuses to play youngsters....he did play Saad...his odd choice to keep Bollig playing when he only used him 3 or so minutes a game is baffling. I think Sharp will return as I'm fairly certain he was playing hurt but the quick, mobile defense didn't look all that quick or mobile in this series and I'm guessing they might want to try get a bit younger there....Oduya, Seabrook or Rozy might be ticketed elsewhere.But in the end, a lot of their problems were self inflicted as the Kings were given pretty much a free ride in front of Crawford....that HAS to be addressed.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Will be interesting to see who we move, and which one of the younger players step up to fill roles next year.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Trade Sharpie for Chara, move Shaw and Saad up a line. #IDontKnowAnythingAboutHockeyOffseasonsSoThisMayNotWorkAtAll

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trade Sharpie for Chara, move Shaw and Saad up a line. #IDontKnowAnythingAboutHockeyOffseasonsSoThisMayNotWorkAtAll

You probably couldn't trade Kane and Hossa for Chara.... dude is the #1 D man in the NHL and a physical freak in hockey.... I doubt Boston would consider this:

TzKDdLk.gif

For this:

849316025.gif

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You probably couldn't trade Kane and Hossa for Chara.... dude is the #1 D man in the NHL and a physical freak in hockey.... I doubt Boston would consider this:

TzKDdLk.gif

For this:

849316025.gif

I wouldn't want him. The Hawks exposed him big time by going right at him. He's big but also very slow in foot speed and reaction. He wouldn't be a good fit here anyway.