Cubs radio moving to 780 WBBM

chibears55

Liked Posts:
In correct. Apparently WGN was able to opt out if the ratings were bad enough. So, the Cubs lack of success and resulting diminishing appeal were vere much responsible for this.

cubs lack of success ? LMAO if that was the case WGN should of walked away back in the 70's early 80's when they went a stretch of being below .500 for 11 straight years..

Liked Posts:
cubs lack of success ? LMAO if that was the case WGN should of walked away back in the 70's early 80's when they went a stretch of being below .500 for 11 straight years..

Good job, genius. You obviously missed the part where the fee doubled since the Ricketts assumed ownership. Another thing that makes your comment a complete failure is that after 2003 expectations were raised. Ricketts belief that fans line up to come no matter what was vorbei. It had gone the way of obsolescence. This is why you have an owner daring people not to show up and a million fan march walking away from Wrigley Field.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Good job, genius. You obviously missed the part where the fee doubled since the Ricketts assumed ownership. Another thing that makes your comment a complete failure is that after 2003 expectations were raised. Ricketts belief that fans line up to come no matter what was vorbei. It had gone the way of obsolescence. This is why you have an owner daring people not to show up and a million fan march walking away from Wrigley Field.

And once again your over blowing this...
They switched radio stations, who cares...

The media which over blows everything didn't make as much out of it as you are..lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
And once again your over blowing this...
They switched radio stations, who cares...

The media which over blows everything didn't make as much out of it as you are..lol

I actually don't care. I'm not invested in the Cubs. I've stopped going to games. I don't listen to them on the radio or watch them on tv. The Cubs are irrelevant, you see. A lot of people aren't going to care if the Cubs are even still on the radio. And that's what brought things to where they are. People have realized there are better things to do with their time. And the thing is, even if the cubs do start winning again, they're only going to get some of the people, who've stopped following them, back.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I actually don't care. I'm not invested in the Cubs. I've stopped going to games. I don't listen to them on the radio or watch them on tv. The Cubs are irrelevant, you see. A lot of people aren't going to care if the Cubs are even still on the radio. And that's what brought things to where they are. People have realized there are better things to do with their time. And the thing is, even if the cubs do start winning again, they're only going to get some of the people, who've stopped following them, back.

You don't follow the team and their irrelevant to you, but yet you come on a cubs message board and offer up your thoughts and opinion on them.. ok..

not disagreeing with you that fans have found other things to do then devote all their time to cubs games, etc.. now..
But if your a die hard and been a fan for many years, your always following good or bad..

Liked Posts:
You don't follow the team and their irrelevant to you, but yet you come on a cubs message board and offer up your thoughts and opinion on them.. ok..

not disagreeing with you that fans have found other things to do then devote all their time to cubs games, etc.. now..
But if your a die hard and been a fan for many years, your always following good or bad..

You're a fool.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

What? You're going to be shocked how many people will come back if this rebuild will actually work. You really think fans won't come back to a winning team? Especially a fan base who has waited for a winning team?

Liked Posts:
What? You're going to be shocked how many people will come back if this rebuild will actually work. You really think fans won't come back to a winning team? Especially a fan base who has waited for a winning team?

Some will but many won't. Some will be turned off by the Ricketts and how they do business. Some will come to the realization that life's too short to sit around watching baseball. Let's face it, baseballs not the most exciting sport and a game is only 1/162 of a season. And then there might be other viable reasons to continue ignoring the Cubs.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some will but many won't. Some will be turned off by the Ricketts and how they do business. Some will come to the realization that life's too short to sit around watching baseball. Let's face it, baseballs not the most exciting sport and a game is only 1/162 of a season. And then there might be other viable reasons to continue ignoring the Cubs.

So the Cubs starting to win is going to cause people to say that "baseballs not the most exciting sport and a game is only 1/162 of a season" and they will continue to ignore the Cubs?

Yeah, I think that's how bandwagon fans work...

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Baseball not being exciting in general hasn't stopped those fans in the past, but bad baseball has. I get what you're saying, but I think more than we think will be back.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

BUT WHAT ABOUT DAT GUY DAT GOT DA HEAD TATTOO?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Baseball not exciting?
:kermit:

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
There's no virtue in throwing loyalty to people who don't give a f*ck about you. Doing so only encourages people to take advantage of you. Yes, this is what's happening. This isn't loyalty, it's stupidity. It's stupidity to encourage people, who don't give a f*ck about you, to take advantage of you repeatedly. The sooner you stop seeing yourself as a fan and start seeing yourself as a customer, you'll be better off.

It's also stupid to defend 3.5 hours of shoe box strike zones, countless mound visits, and infinite throws to first any time a runner gets on base.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
There's no virtue in throwing loyalty to people who don't give a f*ck about you. Doing so only encourages people to take advantage of you. Yes, this is what's happening. This isn't loyalty, it's stupidity. It's stupidity to encourage people, who don't give a f*ck about you, to take advantage of you repeatedly. The sooner you stop seeing yourself as a fan and start seeing yourself as a customer, you'll be better off.

It's also stupid to defend 3.5 hours of shoe box strike zones, countless mound visits, and infinite throws to first any time a runner gets on base.

And yet here you are on a baseball message board , in the cubs forum talking about the game and team you find boring, irrelevant, and a waste of time. .
Gotcha........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
And yet here you are on a baseball message board , in the cubs forum talking about the game and team you find boring, irrelevant, and a waste of time. .
Gotcha........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

What's your point?

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

So you highlight 3 negative aspects of the game and fail to mention the countless great things about it.

Also if baseball is so stupid, how stupid does it make you talking about the stupid game on what I can only assume is a stupid message board?

Liked Posts:
So you highlight 3 negative aspects of the game and fail to mention the countless great things about it.

Also if baseball is so stupid, how stupid does it make you talking about the stupid game on what I can only assume is a stupid message board?

Your response has very little to do with my post. Talking baseball on a message board doesn't cost me anything--I'm giving nothing to the Ricketts. Also, why is it necessary to say there are things I like about baseball. If there weren't things I like, I wouldn't even bother talking about baseball. That should have been obvious even to a stooge like you. But the games are too long. In case you missed it, this was the point I was making when I listed why the games are now lasting so long. It wasn't an exhaustive discussion of pros and cons. Wow, are you dense.