1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Great baseball guy. Sad news. RIP, Don

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sad. Real sad. RIP.

Is it too early to blame Pedro? Nothing pissed me off more at the time than this garbage.

[video=youtube;KLpaZ5VQVn0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLpaZ5VQVn0[/video]

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'd hold my hof vote from Pedro first year because of it

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Would you vote Don into the Hall of Fame? I know he doesn't have any numbers, but he did meaningful baseball for 66 years. For intangibles I have a bias and would say he's got the greatest group of intangibles of all time.

I'd vote yes on Don

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did Zimmer charge after Pedro first? I forget how that went down.

corey

Liked Posts:

Im not totally positive, but I think he made a movement or at least words were exchanged before Pedro went Chuck Norris on him

chibears55

Liked Posts:

Yes he went after Pedro and all pedro did was pull him down and backed away.. Zimmer emotionally apologies for what he did afterwards

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Yes he went after Pedro and all pedro did was pull him down and backed away.. Zimmer emotionally apologies for what he did afterwards

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

Being pulled down to the ground is a considerably more dangerous thing when you're 72 years old...

Not to excuse Zimmer for charging Pedro, but it's not like Pedro was exactly gentle with the old man.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Being pulled down to the ground is a considerably more dangerous thing when you're 72 years old...

Not to excuse Zimmer for charging Pedro, but it's not like Pedro was exactly gentle with the old man.

I guess I should of been more clearer but when I wrote "all" it was just meant as he didn't puch him or attack him in any other way..

but if you really look at it zimmer had his hands up towards pedro face, pedro grabbed zimmers jacket collars and pulled him down..
it wasn't vicious or anything, it was more in a self defense mode..

im a zimmer guy and don't care for pedro and yea zimmer being 72 made it dangerous but he put himself in that situation and pedro only reacted in a way we all would of...

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
I guess I should of been more clearer but when I wrote "all" it was just meant as he didn't puch him or attack him in any other way..

but if you really look at it zimmer had his hands up towards pedro face, pedro grabbed zimmers jacket collars and pulled him down..
it wasn't vicious or anything, it was more in a self defense mode..

im a zimmer guy and don't care for pedro and yea zimmer being 72 made it dangerous but he put himself in that situation and pedro only reacted in a way we all would of...

Gotcha... I think we're pretty much on the same page... but if you look at it again, Pedro definitely has his hands on Zimmer's head, not his collar... I don't necessarily buy the self-defense thing since I don't see how Zimmer really presented a serious threat to Pedro but yeah, I don't think it was particularly malicious on Pedro's part. Just overkill.

Whatever. Doesn't really matter at this point.