Around The NHL

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Kind of a head-scratcher here:

Avalanche acquire Danny Briere for P.A. Parenteau and a fifth-round pick.

Why would the Avs trade for a guy who'll be 37 this fall? Briere is usually money in the postseason, but he didn't do all that much for Montreal this year. Age is catching up to him. They shouldn't be in win-now mode, not with their two best players (MacKinnon and Landeskog) just at the ages of 18 and 21.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Why would the Avs trade for a guy who'll be 37 this fall? Briere is usually money in the postseason, but he didn't do all that much for Montreal this year. Age is catching up to him. They shouldn't be in win-now mode, not with their two best players (MacKinnon and Landeskog) just at the ages of 18 and 21.

Maybe Jerry Angelo took over as GM? seems legit

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I asked Fisch and he said Drew Doughty was the next Gretzky :shrug:

Did he also tell you we were trading Patrick Kane for Ryan Miller and that Iowa is a great place to live?

Liked Posts:

PAP didn't fit in in Colorado. They've been trying to trade him for a while. Each player makes 4 mil per but the difference is, Briere only has this upcoming year left, while PAP has two years left, which lines up with MacKinnons likely raise.

The Avs still have the 2 compliance buyouts which go away after this summer. But the Avs have said they intend to keep Briere on the roster. Part of it might have to do with PAP being garbage in the playoffs. In the playoffs, the Avs were really a one line team with Duchene being injured. So Briere's playoff success might have appeal for this reason.

But without seeing how other things unfold it's hard to see this trade forj what it is with a high degree of certainty. There's also a lot of talk of the Avs adding Ales Hemsky and who knows what with Stastny. A lot of people are also hoping for Ehrhoff.

Liked Posts:
why would you or your thankers be thrilled?

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

I like the Blackhawks too but the Avs are my team. If St Louis trades for Spezza, they'd be out of the running. To be honest though, I'm kind of starting to get annoyed with Stastny. This is kind of starting to turn diva-ish. While Stastny is a very good player, I'm not sure the hype measures up to what he actually is.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the Blackhawks too but the Avs are my team. If St Louis trades for Spezza, they'd be out of the running. To be honest though, I'm kind of starting to get annoyed with Stastny. This is kind of starting to turn diva-ish. While Stastny is a very good player, I'm not sure the hype measures up to what he actually is.

ahhh so you have a legit reason. im curious on why your thankers who are known hawks fans wouldn't want spezza.

Im curious on why they wouldn't want a 23/43 2nd line center with some size. with a 6.4 OPS in the point shares department. also averaged a point a game. very confusing.

Liked Posts:
ahhh so you have a legit reason. im curious on why your thankers who are known hawks fans wouldn't want spezza.

Im curious on why they wouldn't want a 23/43 2nd line center with some size. with a 6.4 OPS in the point shares department. also averaged a point a game. very confusing.

What? Are you asking why I don't think that the Blackhawks should be connected with Spezza too?

If that's what you're asking, my answer is simply that I've seen reports of St Louis considering such a move but not Chicago..

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If I had to guess a couple of reasons why Spezza wouldn't be considered

1. He's 31 years old

2. He carries a $7M cap hit

3. He had a -26 last year

Just a few reasons :shrug:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

1. He's 31 years old

Plus both Spezza and Quick were fitted for the Dilfer Overrated/Dunce cap......

:dilfer: :dilfer:
Spezza..................................................Quick

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

1. He's 31 years old

plus minus is a team stat. to evaluate a player based on that is a fucking reach. a huge reach.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What? Are you asking why I don't think that the Blackhawks should be connected with Spezza too?

If that's what you're asking, my answer is simply that I've seen reports of St Louis considering such a move but not Chicago..

no no not you sir

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Plus both Spezza and Quick were fitted for the Dilfer Overrated/Dunce cap......

:dilfer: :dilfer:
Spezza..................................................Quick

doesnt change the fact he is a 23/43 6.4OPS and almost a point per game player.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
im guessing some of the people who dont want spezza is due to the block to nashville because that would kinda be like brodeur ya know those bad things about him.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
im guessing some of the people who dont want spezza is due to the block to nashville because that would kinda be like brodeur ya know those bad things about him.

I don't want him because he's old, cost too much money, and would take away time from youth in the pipeline ready to contribute this year.