Around The NHL

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
And the assist came off the Scott of Adam Burish... Burish and Scott both playing in the same game. People can live in their hyper idealized world all they want and bash Q as if he isn't a great coach, he's never tottered to that level of skill-less players on a line or single lineup. I'd take a Dman like Brookbank or even Hendry on wing over either of this in this season.

Sent from my 20CDCTO1WW using Tapatalk
I mean, he did use Scott on the power play in a postseason game once ...

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=734884

Cumiskey sent down to the AHL. Thought he had a real nice camp but the Blackhawks weren't going to risk losing Rundblad on waivers over Cumiskey - especially after just giving up draft picks for Rundblad. Should mean that Rozsival is good to go Saturday night.

(Didn't see a Blackhawks discussion thread and this didn't deserve its own thread - so if this needs to be moved, that is fine)

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Just hope that Cumiskey isn't going to take away playing time from guys in Rockford when he's not part of the team's future plans.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Buffalo fans are hoping to achieve maximum orgasm at the draft next year. I don't even think they care if they lose every game if it means getting Connor McDavid. And then if NYI is bad enough maybe they can also get Eichel or Hanifin.

Think Carolina is well on their way to wrapping it up so far......no Staals for a month plus and they're relying on Jiri Tlusty and Jeff Skinner, who when you're not looking Skinner's fantastic. But when the spotlight is on him, he's nowhere to be seen.

Also heard talks of possibly trading Eric Staal to the west because nobody wants Cam Ward or his contract, and Staal's situation similar to Jason Spezza--bad team going nowhere/rebuilding, 2 years left, making a lot of money.

Carolina does still have both buyouts, but Ward is useful when healthy......so it'd be smarter not to outright dump him.

Gotta figure this upcoming season or offseason they lock up Tlusty too, due a raise from his 3 mil a year.

Last edited:

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
^^^ Had to use both compliance buyouts before this season otherwise the team loses the ability to use a compliance buyout.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=675349

Now that the period has ended, it is interesting to see what teams used the compliance buyout and how much money was tossed around through it.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
^^^ Had to use both compliance buyouts before this season otherwise the team loses the ability to use a compliance buyout.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=675349

Now that the period has ended, it is interesting to see what teams used the compliance buyout and how much money was tossed around through it.

^^^^^^

Good call, I missed that.

Regardless, Carolina's best trade chips to bank on the future/draft that realistically go are the Staals, Ward, Khudobhin, Sekera, and Hainsey. Tlusty if he wants too much, but he wouldn't get moved unless they got a big trade chip back.

Nashville, San Jose, and Anaheim could easily afford Eric Staal's salary and extend him according to capgeek with what they have available now. The Wild could too.

http://www.capgeek.com/

Right now, and I know, 4-5 games in isn't a tell tale sign of anything but still; Canes are ahead in the McDavid races. Buffalo not far behind.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Anybody else want to punch Milan Lucic in the face?

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone see that injury to Patrik Nemeth of the Stars?

Yikes..that was scary.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Anyone see that injury to Patrik Nemeth of the Stars?

Yikes..that was scary.

He was the guy that got his arm sliced, right?

Also, Martin Havlat's recent injury was incredibly gruesome. His lip was hanging from the rest of his face. I can link it if ya'd like but won't post the photo in here.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alex Pietrangelo shaves head for niece battling cancer.

Bravo man. We need more stories like this.

10603732_839137296106549_783895657022271442_n.jpg

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Nathan Horton's career could be over.

Link

Saw that. Sad.......though I never respected the Beantown Bowel Movements; but I rooted for this guy and Columbus. Hopefully he can play again.

Also horrible what happened up in Ottawa. Crazy world we're living in...

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nathan Horton's career could be over.

Link

Best of luck to him, I have degenerative disc's in my lower back, and it is a constant battle everyday. Been going on now for 6 years, and still hasn't gotten better. Hopefully he can come back from it.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Leafs forward Carter Ashton has been suspended 20 games for violating the NHL's performance-enhancing substance policy.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Penguins announced Wednesday that Pascal Dupuis has been diagnosed with a blood clot in his lung.

Expected to be sidelined for at least 6 months.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Holy hell, Pittsburgh. Letang has a stroke, Maata gets cancer, and now Dupuis with this. Awful circumstances for their team.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
That Olczyk feller is a workin' fool. Does he always do the Wednesday Night Rivalry games on NBCSN?

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
That Olczyk feller is a workin' fool. Does he always do the Wednesday Night Rivalry games on NBCSN?

Yes... even when Hawks games are on Wednesday, then Steve Konroyd would join Pat to fill in for him.

You know.. I would feel bad for Pittsburgh... but then they go ahead and do something like extend Fluery.. sooo, no, I can't feel sorry for them. Though I hope Maata turns out fine because he looked unbelievable in the Olympics, he could develop into an elite Dman.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Ovechkin might be good at this hockey thing.

yK89cAO.gif

Holy shit.

3XzcJP3.gif