Tomb Raider 2013

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just finished this shit and it was amazing. Slows down a little in the middle, but the 3rd act is fuckin great.

I played it on PC with the settings maxed and its probably the most beautiful, cinematic game I have ever played. Fuckin great.

I thought the combat was just a little clunky, but it was ok since imo, the story is the main focus. Only real gripe is there were not enough puzzles and the ones they did have were not that complex.

But overall, an amazing game. If you gots a PC that can run it, get that version.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I tried to play this on max settings, but it crashed my computer and messed it up for a while. I guess my computer couldn't handle it. Will have to try it again on lower settings.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When it was released there was problems with the max setting for the hair that conflicted with Geoforce cards. Nvidia addressed it in a driver update tho.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I beat it almost a year ago. Did it on ultra settings everything as well. I got two steam keys with a CX HD7950 purchase, because it was a tressFX promo. Gave away one copy to someone in the chatbox here, IIRC. I did enjoy it very much. I love Tomb Raider games, and I think for a reboot/prequel series, wow, you couldn't have asked for much better. A little TOO quicktime for my taste, but I understand when you're starting the story over, those details might be important. I hope the next time relies less on quicktime events and more on gameplay physics.

Now I wonder if DLC came out.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sequel "Rise of the Tomb Raider" just announced.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I was happy to see they rebooted the series. I was disappointed in the game tho. It seemed too much like a rip off of uncharted, and I thought the controls sucked. It was still a pretty good game, I think I just had too big of expectations.

If you ever try to play it online, its nuts. People are soo good, and I feel like asking them "Really? THIS is the game youre going to spend all your time getting good at." It just seems like an obscure game to play online.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just realized how much better this game is on PC. Its night and day.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Breaking news from GamesCom says that the sequel is Xbox One exclusive. No PS4, and no PC. One would hope this would get ported to PC in like 8 months like Dead Rising 3 and Ryse were. But it doesn't sound too good.

Seems like odd news since Square Enix was disappointed with how Tomb Raider sold, now they're making it exclusive to one system?

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
And now Xbox is saying it's a timed exclusive deal. But they never said that this game was timed exclusive, just that the franchise is. Confusing industry speak is confusing.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
whew, I was about to get fucking pissed.

Too bad if the game did not do well. It deserves support imo. Although the experience was very different on PC compared to ps3. The environment in the game is possibly the main character of the story. The graphics have a big impact imo.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Breaking news from GamesCom says that the sequel is Xbox One exclusive. No PS4, and no PC. One would hope this would get ported to PC in like 8 months like Dead Rising 3 and Ryse were. But it doesn't sound too good.

Seems like odd news since Square Enix was disappointed with how Tomb Raider sold, now they're making it exclusive to one system?

Yeah, no shit. It was a GOTY runner on most boards.

Really bad move. The game underperformed on sales because people were burned by so many rinse and repeat tomb raider sequels. Now that the game revived itself, the next iteration will be much anticipated and perform significantly better.

To think, all they needed to do, was build the game for nextgen in the first place. If Tomb Raider 2013 was a PS4/Xb1 day-1 release, before it was PC/ps3/360 (still near the timeframe), then it would have increased sales drastically.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's a noob move. Tomb Raider was a fantastic game this time around. They'll be even more disappointed by sales this time...

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dont care about timed exclusive. Let those idiots figure out all the bugs so when I get it, the shit is butter.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
So is the same game that got released for the Xbox 1/PS4 ?

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Just got this for my Xbox One for 20 bucks at gamestop. I'll bust it open once I get tired of playing matchmaking on Halo.