California Chrome Owner Sorest Loser Ever?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Steve Coburn, a Co-Owner of California Chrome, was understandably upset when his horse lost the Belmont last night, preventing him from winning the triple crown. Then he became a sore loser.

[video=youtube;zZRSg-yabP0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZRSg-yabP0[/video]

Essentially, he thinks horses should sign up to race in all 3 races, not just eligible to race in one of the races. Tonalist won the Belmont yesterday, and it was the only one of the three "triple crown" races the horse was entered in. Coburn's reaction? "It's a coward's way out."

He made it worse this morning, saying that using that strategy is like "Me, a 6'2 man, playing a game of basketball against a kid in a wheelchair."

What a toolbag.

iu

If he dresses like a clown and acts like a clown....must be...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Maybe he should be blaming his jockey for getting tied up early on the inside and then trying to make a move too early on the third turn.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What he is essentially saying is: if Tiger Woods doesn't compete in the Masters he can't compete in the British Open. Dude is a tool, and has been a tool throughout this whole thing. Despite the ESPN and NBC hype, Chrome just isn't an overpowering horse. You'll notice all of the commentators took Chrome while the two handicappers picked other horses.

PS, somebody who has participated in this thread had Tonalist since Friday

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, but who did you have?

;)
Sent from my phone...in my pocket...with my mind.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's right that horses that didn't run in the previous races have an advantage. Horses get extremely worn out and take a long time to recover. They can lose 100 pounds in 1 race.

That said, he knew all that going in and used a terrible analogy so it's not like I feel bad for the guy. This horse is now a goldmine for him.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He's not right. These are three separate stakes races, that all have different criteria to enter. Why is it Tonalist's owner/trainers fault their horse is better bred/trained for the longer races and want to hold out for a bigger purse bc of Chrome's presence in the race? Fuck this guy, your jockey raced a bad race.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He's right that horses that didn't run in the previous races have an advantage. Horses get extremely worn out and take a long time to recover. They can lose 100 pounds in 1 race.

That said, he knew all that going in and used a terrible analogy so it's not like I feel bad for the guy. This horse is now a goldmine for him.

Doesn't matter if the other horses have an advantage. If you have a triple crown winning horse, he is the fastest horse in the world, a champion horse, a horse that had proven his worth time and time again. If you can't win 3 consecutive races in 5 weeks, you don't have one of the top ten racing horses of all time. Its an exclusive club that's harts to get in to, which is why its awesome. They already let the horse wear a nasal strip at the Belmont, which is against some sort of track regulation (they prevented a potential triple crown winner from wearing one in the last decade), and he just didn't have it. The horse is worth his weight in alien gold, and the owner needs to fade back into obscurity. /rant

Sent from my phone...in my pocket...with my mind.

Last edited:

Hurvatat

Liked Posts:
I may be one of the last people on earth that really cares about Horse racing and I wanted to slap the shit out of this guy.