E3 2014

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the DLC which tweaks the endings is big enough to tailor the content of any of the 3 endings to have content which is all directly related to the hundreds of decisions your character made along the way the all 3 games? Or just some of your more recent game decisions tweak a few pieces of the new game endings?
Hmm, of all three games? Probably not. Maybe the love interest tie-in. And of course a big part of the final battle in ME3 deals with which ship you saved in ME1. But other than that, ME3 decisions are the focal point of the Extended Cut extras. But even while the Extended Cut is great for expanding the ending, it's not the best DLC for the game. The Citadel is a great DLC that concludes the trilogy perfectly (even though it's played before the games ending). Then there's the Omega DLC that adds an entire area and new character, but you can't go back to it after you beat that quest. Leviathan DLC explains the origins of the Reapers. Don't know why it wasn't part of the shipped game. The From Ashes DLC adds a new follower and again, I have no idea why this wasn't included in the shipped game. You'll want to have this follower with you at all times to hear their dialogue about everything.

I had considered re-playing all 3 games from start to finish.... mostly so I could bang Miranda instead of Ashley... I was naive playing ME1..... I just saw the only fuckable bitch I could talk to and went for it.... :lol:

Every playthrough I start I intend to date someone new, but I just can't say no to Liara.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Every playthrough I start I intend to date someone new, but I just can't say no to Liara.

Lol HighJump likes dat purple strange....

Do you find yourself taking alot of the same characters on missions either cause they are hilarious or because they are good to have in combat?

I feel like I always wanted the Krogan and Garrus for pure combat and usually I would do the rest.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol HighJump likes dat purple strange....

Do you find yourself taking alot of the same characters on missions either cause they are hilarious or because they are good to have in combat?

I feel like I always wanted the Krogan and Garrus for pure combat and usually I would do the rest.

For me it depends on which game I'm playing. I always had Tali and Garrus with me in ME1 because Tali's abilities would let me open difficult chests and lockers and fix machines.

ME2 I usually had a tough biotic with me like Jack or Miranda. ME3 I always had the DLC character for offense and their dialogue, then whoever my love interest was at the time. Usually Liara :p

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never went back to Mass Effect 3 for the DLC that supposedly saved the ending..... is it worth revisiting the game for it or is it just an add on to the ending videos I can find on youtube?

If you have moved on, than its probably not worth going back to for it. But there is another DLC (Citadel) that is pretty awesome and it would probably be worth going back to for both. Depends how much you like the series I guess.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Miranda isn't in ME1. And agree that Liara is the best romance. Imo, she has the most well developed content. Its like the devs liker her the best too.

But Liara isn't really in ME2, so you can still try someone else in that game.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still pissed how they rushed Bioware with Mass Effect 3. Luckily free DLC salvaged the ending, but it shouldn't have come to that.

I bet the game could have taken up to another year to come out if it wasnt for EA. I forget the specifics, but the main writer could not decide on and end and he kept writing and rewriting things. Finally, EA just brought a team in a wrote what eventually became the end.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Miranda isn't in ME1. And agree that Liara is the best romance. Imo, she has the most well developed content. Its like the devs liker her the best too.

But Liara isn't really in ME2, so you can still try someone else in that game.

Mmhmm. Dat content.

namRw.jpg

But in all seriousness I'm certain the devs meant for her to be the "right choice". ME2's Shadow Broker DLC kinda proved that with all those Paragon QTE's with her on the rooftop, and the final time you have a one on one conversation with her in ME3.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That last conversation in ME3 is the shit.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was really sad when ME3 ended.... now I am getting sad remembering the end.

Why couldn't I get an ending where I survive and get to fuck all the bitches on The Normandy?

Speaking of which, did anyone try to hook up with the assistant girl in the 2nd game? I didn't fully realize when I played it that she was an option.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lmao

They were foreshadowing Shep's death for a very long time. I like that he dies. There was dignity to it. I like they did not give into sentimentalism. Tho shep can survive...

And yeah, I did the one nighter with cabin Kelly, lol. Its just the one scene, not a full romance.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
lmao

They were foreshadowing Shep's death for a very long time. I like that he dies. There was dignity to it. I like they did not give into sentimentalism. Tho shep can survive...

And yeah, I did the one nighter with cabin Kelly, lol. Its just the one scene, not a full romance.

In ME2 in my game she died.... I forget, can she survive ME2 and be there in ME3 or was she dead in the story regardless of the choices you made?

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
In ME2 in my game she died.... I forget, can she survive ME2 and be there in ME3 or was she dead in the story regardless of the choices you made?

Kelly can survive ME2. From the moment she's abducted by the collectors you can only do Legion's mission, then you have to start the final mission if you want her to live. If you do other missions in between that, she dies. I can't remember the specifics, but if you do like 3 mission in between them, she dies and the engineer Gabby dies. If you do a lot of missions in between, everybody that was taken dies I think, including Dr. Chakwas. Which leaves you with one less doctor in ME3.

She has a very small role in ME3, but from my understanding if you had that little fling with her in ME2 something happens in ME3 with her. She's kind of a headcase in ME3 though.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kelly can survive ME2. From the moment she's abducted by the collectors you can only do Legion's mission, then you have to start the final mission if you want her to live. If you do other missions in between that, she dies. I can't remember the specifics, but if you do like 3 mission in between them, she dies and the engineer Gabby dies. If you do a lot of missions in between, everybody that was taken dies I think, including Dr. Chakwas. Which leaves you with one less doctor in ME3.

She has a very small role in ME3, but from my understanding if you had that little fling with her in ME2 something happens in ME3 with her. She's kind of a headcase in ME3 though.

Video Game bitches be cray....amirite?

Damnit you guys really have me thinking of playing Mass Effect all over again.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So is E3 over with.... all the major announcements are done?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So I started a new character on Mass Effect 1 yesterday lol.... its kinda crazy how ME1 feels kinda old compared to the quality of ME2 and ME3..... the combat is a bit less smooth in ME1 than I found it in ME2 or ME3.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
So is E3 over with.... all the major announcements are done?

Yep it's done. All announcements have been made until the next big conference or award show.

So I started a new character on Mass Effect 1 yesterday lol.... its kinda crazy how ME1 feels kinda old compared to the quality of ME2 and ME3..... the combat is a bit less smooth in ME1 than I found it in ME2 or ME3.

Yeah if you're wanting to be a Soldier in ME1 you're going to have a hard time using assault rifles and pistols. It's just not a good shooter. Shotguns are pretty OP in that game though and kinda useless in the next two games.

Man if Bioware would remake ME1 with ME3's combat system... shut up and take my money.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yep it's done. All announcements have been made until the next big conference or award show.

Yeah if you're wanting to be a Soldier in ME1 you're going to have a hard time using assault rifles and pistols. It's just not a good shooter. Shotguns are pretty OP in that game though and kinda useless in the next two games.

Man if Bioware would remake ME1 with ME3's combat system... shut up and take my money.

Damnit HighJump you read me like a book.... Soldier and I love my Assault Rifle.... and yeah if ME1 had ME3 or even ME2s combat system.... I forgot ME1 was so different.... you gotta manage inventory items..... gotta pickup or buy new weapons and outfit each of your teammates.... and there is no "ammo" to pickup in ME1.

I feel like the cover system in ME1 sucks.... its hard to latch on to cover at times..... its amazing what a difference even 3-5 years can make.... I always think going back to old N64 stuff is impossible cause of how different games are now, but find its hard to go back even a few years lol.

Also, I didn't realize it when I played ME1 but the conversations are not as well done as ME2 or ME3..... lol they give you options but often times you pick the mean option and what they actually say is softened anyways like

Anderson: "We need to tell the council about this"
Option Text: "FUCK DA COUNCIL!"
Shepard Actually Says: "I don't know.... can we trust the council?"

Lol sometimes I try to make him be an asshole and its impossible.

WC Jerome

King of the 'Universe'!!!
Liked Posts:
NW Indiana (just outside my hometown of Chicago)
IDK, but it didn't like that there was much buzz surrounding E3 this year, IMO.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damnit HighJump you read me like a book.... Soldier and I love my Assault Rifle.... and yeah if ME1 had ME3 or even ME2s combat system.... I forgot ME1 was so different.... you gotta manage inventory items..... gotta pickup or buy new weapons and outfit each of your teammates.... and there is no "ammo" to pickup in ME1.

I feel like the cover system in ME1 sucks.... its hard to latch on to cover at times..... its amazing what a difference even 3-5 years can make.... I always think going back to old N64 stuff is impossible cause of how different games are now, but find its hard to go back even a few years lol.

Also, I didn't realize it when I played ME1 but the conversations are not as well done as ME2 or ME3..... lol they give you options but often times you pick the mean option and what they actually say is softened anyways like

Anderson: "We need to tell the council about this"
Option Text: "FUCK DA COUNCIL!"
Shepard Actually Says: "I don't know.... can we trust the council?"

Lol sometimes I try to make him be an asshole and its impossible.

It's a shame Bioware moved away from ME1's RPG elements. There are about 3-4 times as many skill points in ME1 than there are in ME2 and ME3. I'm glad they moved away from the overheating weapons and no ammo stuff though. I liked outfitting everybody with their own weapons and armor too.

It's kinda crazy when you think how different ME1 and ME2 are. So much was changed in between games.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's a shame Bioware moved away from ME1's RPG elements. There are about 3-4 times as many skill points in ME1 than there are in ME2 and ME3. I'm glad they moved away from the overheating weapons and no ammo stuff though. I liked outfitting everybody with their own weapons and armor too.

It's kinda crazy when you think how different ME1 and ME2 are. So much was changed in between games.

As I'm playing through ME1.... I feel like the story stuff.... dialogue in particular was much better done in ME2 and ME3.... than in ME1.... in ME1 the conversations appear awkward at times, not always but a few where they are a little odd. Some of the characters seem stiff... the Kaidan dude.... I sacrificed him in my last go around.... he is real stiff when you talk to him.... but I got Garrus and Wrex now.... they are fun lol