Would You Involve Saad In A Trade For Kesler?

Include Saad to get Kesler?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Liked Posts:
Of course this depends on other pieces. But Vancouver has a history of asking for the moon in trade, even at their own expense. Is there a trade scenario where you'd be willing to part with Saad if it means bringing in Kesler?

A secondary question is, do you see a realistic trade scenario that involved pieces that are prospects exclusively?

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not only no but HELL NO. Saad (to me) is like a baby Hossa in the making. I know we need a 2C but you don't give up the future for Kesler.

Liked Posts:
Not only no but HELL NO. Saad (to me) is like a baby Hossa in the making. I know we need a 2C but you don't give up the future for Kesler.

I agree. No way do I make that deal. What's the long term benefit for Chicago? Saad is already playing in the playoffs at a level that is in range of what one might expect from Kesler.

I agree with your Hossa comparison. Chicago would be better off trading Hossa for what they can get. 1. They already have a worthy substitute as you mentioned, and 2. It would give them flexibility with salary.

EbonyRaptor

Liked Posts:
An emphatic NO! I wouldn't trade Saad straight up for Kesler. Saad has proven he has an NHL game and he's not even hit his prime yet - not to mention has another cheap year on his ELC and another 4-5 years of restricted free agency.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Of course this depends on other pieces. But Vancouver has a history of asking for the moon in trade, even at their own expense. Is there a trade scenario where you'd be willing to part with Saad if it means bringing in Kesler?

A secondary question is, do you see a realistic trade scenario that involved pieces that are prospects exclusively?

(scratches head)

Kassian for Hodgson?
The Lou trade?
Schneider for a ninth overall?

The Canucks havent gotten the better end of a trade in so long its hilarious. The management is Pully inept. The only saving grace they have is demanding TT for Kesler, and they have every right to do so. The think Bowman might be able to pull off is having them retain salary and taking a bloated contract along with it to which they will agree because...they got TT.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Saad is untouchable as of right now. Kesler has a NTC so the Nucks aren't going to get much for him.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Best offer I would give the Nucks is Leddy, a guy like Morin/McNeil, 2014 1st, and the 2015 1st. Hawks are going to be picking late 20s for the next two years anyway. Hawks might have to add something else to help with the cap.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Toews
Kane
Keith
Saad

That's the 4 I'd save in an expansion draft scenario, that's how important he is to the future of this team IMO

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Guys with his combination of strength on his skates and speed are rare and he should be kept at all costs.

He was one of the most consistent players in the playoffs and one of the few that routinely made the big/physical Kings defenders look small.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Best offer I would give the Nucks is Leddy, a guy like Morin/McNeil, 2014 1st, and the 2015 1st. Hawks are going to be picking late 20s for the next two years anyway. Hawks might have to add something else to help with the cap.
Way too much, IMO.

A player and a prospect/pick would be it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Saad is pretty much untouchable at this point.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Way too much, IMO.

A player and a prospect/pick would be it.

Pretty much this.

Kesler had the teams he would move to released thru the media. I dont think, if he gets traded, the return is going to be any good considering the only teams that actually have movable pieces of any value are the Hawks and the Ducks. The Pens would be subtracting while adding, and the AV's wont part with any of their centers...if they are smart. If you can have him for TT, a draft pick, and a cap dump/retained salary, that might be the best offer out there.

Liked Posts:
Pretty much this.

Kesler had the teams he would move to released thru the media. I dont think, if he gets traded, the return is going to be any good considering the only teams that actually have movable pieces of any value are the Hawks and the Ducks. The Pens would be subtracting while adding, and the AV's wont part with any of their centers...if they are smart. If you can have him for TT, a draft pick, and a cap dump/retained salary, that might be the best offer out there.

Regarding the Avs, there's talk/speculation that they might sign Stastny and trade OReilly depending on what OReillys salary demands are.

Personally, I think Stastny is as good as gone unless there's already some foundational aspects of an agreement that are not yet known to the public. In lieu of that, waiting this long can only be seen as a ploy by Stastny's camp to drive up the price, in which case, Stastny probably knew he would walk a long time ago. The one caveat is that it will be hard for him to find a situation where he gets maximum salary and also has a chance to win. He's a very good player but I don't think he's worth 7 million.

But Kesler gets discussed as a way of replacing Stastny or ROR. I don't think it's likely though.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
no. the end.

Sent from Whitesox901s Vagina
using Tapatalk

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Fuck no.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
now would i move sharp? yes

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think they should get rid of Saad. He may just be the best player in the NHL two years or so down the road.