Would You Involve Saad In A Trade For Kesler?

Include Saad to get Kesler?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TCD

Liked Posts:
Could always trade hossa. I mean he only has 6 years left on his contract and that sketchy bottom heavy 5.2 cap hit. Send him back to Dale who fucked the team long term with that silly cap hit nonsense. Let Hossa play out his last 6 years in Florida. Hossa cant have that many productive years left in him. Ship him out while he still has value before 2 years from now when he is a cap waste.

Hossa shouldnt be untouchable at the end of this season either. Love Hossa he has done amazing things with this club but while kane and toews are sucking up half the cap sacrifices need to be made. Im sure toews has a bonus clause though that says he gets to build his first line.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could always trade hossa. I mean he only has 6 years left on his contract and that sketchy bottom heavy 5.2 cap hit. Send him back to Dale who fucked the team long term with that silly cap hit nonsense. Let Hossa play out his last 6 years in Florida. Hossa cant have that many productive years left in him. Ship him out while he still has value before 2 years from now when he is a cap waste.

Hossa shouldnt be untouchable at the end of this season either. Love Hossa he has done amazing things with this club but while kane and toews are sucking up half the cap sacrifices need to be made. Im sure toews has a bonus clause though that says he gets to build his first line.

I think 90% of this team have some sort of No Movement Clause.
Even Dr. Terry can't be traded without approval.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I think 90% of this team have some sort of No Movement Clause.
Even Dr. Terry can't be traded without approval.

Well fuck me in the goats ass!!

We could always do our civic duties as hockey fans and chase these mother fuckers out of the city! Just need a good Hossa rumour.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Whatever a person's opinion on Hossa is, whether he'll be effective a year or two or three down the road or not, it really doesn't matter. Hossa basically can't ever be traded because of the enormous cap recapture penalties the Hawks would face if he would retire with whatever other team he would be on before his contract is up. It would be crippling to them. He's going to be a Hawk for the rest of his career, however much longer it lasts.

So any idea of moving him isn't realistic, it's too big a risk with the cap penalties. But if he stays with the team and retires, there are ways around it. Hell, Philly somehow found a way around it with Pronger who is simultaneously still getting paid by Phily for the remainder of his contract while holding a job for the league and getting a salary from them as well. Which brings up all sorts of questions, but if that can be done, I'm not worried about what would happen with Hossa retiring here.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Whatever a person's opinion on Hossa is, whether he'll be effective a year or two or three down the road or not, it really doesn't matter. Hossa basically can't ever be traded because of the enormous cap recapture penalties the Hawks would face when if he would retire with whatever other team he would be on before his contract is up. It would be crippling to them. He's going to be a Hawk for the rest of his career, however much longer it lasts.

So any idea of moving him isn't realistic, it's too big a risk with the cap penalties. But if he stays with the team and retires, there are ways around it. Hell, Philly somehow found a way around it with Pronger who is simultaneously still getting paid by Phily for the remainder of his contract while holding a job for the league and getting a salary from them as well.

I was going to say the same thing, but: Roberto Luongo got traded.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah but Pronger is getting paid under the CBA as a player. I'm sure working in a front office role is looked at entirely different. Kind of silly but it makes sense.

Variable

Liked Posts:
I was going to say the same thing, but: Roberto Luongo got traded.

That's because Mike Gillis was just an incredible, breath taking moron who completely fucked the Canucks with that situation. That was a fucking circus of stupidity. People can criticize Bowman for some of his decisions, but he is nowhere near the level of Gillis. Not even close. I can't see him making a series of decisions that horrible which would lead to something like what happened with Vancouver.

I also believe Hossa's cap recapture penalty would be greater than whatever Luongo's will be. Can't be for sure on that, because capgeek isn't around anymore, but I'm pretty sure of it.